It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists can’t explain Puzzling Lack of Coronavirus Outbreaks in Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wondered about this several months ago when the covid infection maps were all the rage. The continent of Africa seemed to be relatively unaffected. Thought it was strange then.

My theory at the time was desert / arid climate because you could notice the same thing in eastern central Europe which is also desert.

ETA - The other factor which I believe is relevant is the peoples from these regions don't travel much.
edit on 9/9/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Maybe Bill gates wants to give africa a break. Maybe he thinks he put them through enough already.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: panoz77

COVID19 does disproportionately affect black people and people with darker skin. The reason is vitamin D absorption. Black and brown people tend to be deficient already.

This wouldn't be an issue at all if D3 supplements were used.

www.thedailybeast.com...

elemental.medium.com...

If you're black or dark skinned in general, your D3 absorption is critically low. 75% of the US is considered deficient in vitamin D regardless of skin color. Being black or brown makes it harder for your skin to produce the D3 it needs.

Please supplement.

Edit:

To the poster who said black people are affected because they are poor; this is not a scientific position. Socioeconomic status does not appear to be the culprit. Vitamin D absorption seems to be it.

Please take off your stupid SJW hat.

Thanks, I guess African blacks have better Vitamin D absorption.

My statement is not a knock on you, it is really a condemnation of the worldwide "data" on COVID cases and deaths etc and the lefts narrative that the United States has the most deaths, most cases etc. All the data/numbers are corrupt for a number of reasons.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They don't have as much TV/media saturation there, so they would not have as big a problem.
The virus theory is all but petered out as it continues to morph into an evermore "invincibility status".
The smarter the virus gets, the dumber the people who believe this load of horse# truly are.
www.britannica.com...
Idiocracy, the movie, WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A DOCUMENTARY!
WAKE THE F**K UP!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Many African countries are prepared to deal with epidemics. Especially the Ebola outbreaks of recent years have raised awareness among governments and the population, effective controls and hygiene measures have been introduced, and these have now been easily reactivated. Case management systems and guidelines for dealing with communicable diseases already exist and have been practiced, and these could now be rapidly adapted to Covid-19. In many countries there are already "rapid response teams" and people who are trained to follow contact chains.

In addition, most African countries have already closed their borders, canceled international flights and imposed quarantine measures at the beginning of March. At that time, the pandemic was already widespread in Europe, but the number of people infected in most African countries was still very low.

www.oxfam.de...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Some people still wonder if 5G is a viable reason for the Covid 19. Lesotho and South Africa are the only countries where 5G is commercially available. In Lesotho only the Central Bank and a mining company can use 5G. South Africa is working on deploying 100 5G sites reported on July 2020.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

This has puzzled me too. Places like Africa and India should have more cases and more deaths. Social distancing in some of these places is not possible and certain places in Africa do not even have running water.

Could it maybe be, the virus isn't as deadly as western media portrays and countries in Africa just don't have the same budget for propaganda as the west does?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I can't speak on the entire continent but had a meeting this morning with a coworker in South Africa. He states they had a big uptick in cases when kids went back to school. After 2 weeks they shut them down again.

He said they were averaging over 10,000 cases a day but are back down below 3000 a day. He said they are used to strange new diseases there so they are taking it in stride. They are heading into spring he said, so not sure if warmer weather will help.

He is not scheduled to return on site to work like us in the U.S. until Jan 2021.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention he said that he is not sure if there are so many less cases now because there is currently a shortage of tests.
edit on 9-9-2020 by frogs453 because: Add

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I can explain it they don't have as many liars in Africa as we do
in the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Africans have extra strong immune systems due to being exposed to so many deadly disease.

Covid-19 is a relatively mild disease, compared to what they face daily.

African immune systems knock it out quickly.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

All the more reason to be grounded in this issue. I learned my lesson with HCQ. It is best to ensure we're getting this right.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Numbers will go down with less testing.

Don't test people for cancer and nobody has cancer.

Perfect, I never get diagnosed and I'm as healthy as a horse.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
African here ....
South African to be exact. Lot's of white and black people.

We have high cases and relatively few deaths. High testing compared to other African countries because our private health system is good.
Debunking the anti-malaria medication theory:
We only have malaria in the far northern parts of the country yet deaths are low everywhere.

Other theories I have heard:
High AIDS rate with many of the population on anti-retrovirals.
Weather (mostly dry during winter except for Western Cape)

Government has not released a race breakdown on deaths attributed to COVID to my knowledge, so it's impossible to use race as a factor.

Most people wear masks because it's sensible and mandatory. Hand sanitising at shop entrances is mandatory.

Health department reported the lowest rate of winter seasonal flu cases ever on record. Win

edit on 9/9/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: missing words

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I think it less likely Africa has less cases and more likely they haven't the capacity in most countries in Africa to test

This.

Follow the daily updates closely. In some African nations the number tested hasn't moved in over a month while the number of infections climb daily.

Check Egypt to begin with and work southward.

Something is off for certain.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Perhaps Africans, overall, are less prone to bradykinin storms? Bradykinin Hypothesis

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And ex Zimbabwean here
It should be noted that Senegal is I believe, no.2 in the world leaderboard for the least infections and deaths. As of September they had 13,743 cases with 19,596 currently recovered and just 293 deaths. They attribute it to a) their knowledge of dealing with Ebola outbrakes and b) the fact that as soon as Covid 19 was known about, by the 2nd February they had locked down their borders and all international flights. People wore masks immediately they didn't kick off about "muh rights" . They had a sound strategy and also promised a "bed for every single patient & contacts regardless of the stage of their illness". They ran simulations for over a decade and became, quite rightly, experts in pandemic control. They realised very early on that it would be impossible for the majority of people to self isolate due to living in often multi generational cramped housing, so they instigated track & trace immediately, opened up hotels for anyone tested positive and improved health centres and made far more beds available BEFORE the disease got a foothold. Now everyone who enters the country is tested and results are back within 24hrs. There are 16m people in Senegal with only approximately 7 doctors per 100,000 people they spent £160m. If a country such as Senegal can do it....why can't the rest of the planet?

Similarly, the same action taken in New Zealand resulted in them being declared covid clear far sooner than any other country. Shutting borders, tracking & tracing, stopping international flights all happened early.

Here in the UK we were told "bah a few hundred thousand coming in throughout March won't make a difference" then it was "don't wear masks they don't work" then it was masks are compulsory in shops but get back to school and work, but don't use public transport, now use public transport to keep it running get back to work to save the lunch shops and city centre sandwich shops!

Its a bloody farce!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Africans could be consuming some plant chemistry that is natural polymerase inhibiting or destroys this virus's enzyme by various ways. No medicine needed if you eat the antidote on a regular basis or some of the elders know the old remedies to treat viruses.

The African Americans may not consume that food anymore, it may not even be available here, plant defense system chemicals often don't work if they are altered by agriculture either, they are way less potent if the plant does not have to fight the microbe like they do in the wild.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Africans could be consuming some plant chemistry that is natural polymerase inhibiting or destroys this virus's enzyme by various ways. No medicine needed if you eat the antidote on a regular basis or some of the elders know the old remedies to treat viruses.

The African Americans may not consume that food anymore, it may not even be available here, plant defense system chemicals often don't work if they are altered by agriculture either, they are way less potent if the plant does not have to fight the microbe like they do in the wild.

Makes twit sense....

Jeezzzuzzz

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So many theories presented in this thread ranging from vitamins to climate to diet...

Maybe the entire Covid thing is simply BULL#???

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I’m South African, and lemme tell you we’ve been busting our humps to contain the virus.

Death stats are incorrect though - more like 30K+ that have passed due to the virus, but here no one protests about having to wear a mask. We all do it, beggars and homeless folks as well. It’s as simple as that. Businesses do all they can to ensure the safest conditions.

We also had an extremely strict lockdown, alcohol and cigarettes were banned. Alcohol ban was to help keep numbers in hospitals down so the beds could go to Covid patients. I also suspect our immune systems might hold the key - we’re use to some different things on this side.

The cigarette ban was merely to facilitate corruption though.
I honestly think it’s just because here, everyone takes it seriously, they didn’t at the start though..

We’ve had our own scandals though.. BBC made a short documentary about the abysmal state of hospitals in the Eastern Cape. Luckily I live in the Western Cape - much better.

The stats are a lie, but we’re doing good because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is doing their part.
No Covid denialism ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join