It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking BAASS, Assessing AATIP and Doubting Thomas ‘DeLonge’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Those UPS stores seems to come up an awful lot when you start looking for certain things.

I got nuthin left but hugs...and this to add to this trilogy thread (Stuff known in a nutshell):

Source Link: www.thedrive.com...

Source CRADA earlier post.....

Looks like the schedule calls for a put up or shut up in 2023....

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And Tom is back in the news. In a Guardian interview.

Maybe because Undignified is now airing on Sky History across the UK & Ireland..

Tom DeLonge on his new career as a UFO expert

Unexplained reveals the findings of the Pentagon’s top secret $22m UFO Task Force, which investigated the threat of UAPS around the globe. With DeLonge’s help, military footage of these incidents has now been released into the public domain. While the visual evidence is restricted to grainy radar footage, the scary part is that the pilots, military officials and other eye-witnesses interviewed in Unexplained all give the same story: that of multiple sightings of giant white Tic-Tac-shaped craft moving at speeds and trajectories that seem impossible to man....

Yep they also forgot what the title of his TV show is within the same paragraph.

“If an actor had done what I’ve done, it’d be less weird, because you don’t really know who actors are. That’s kind of their game plan. But with musicians, you want to dress like them, or listen to other bands like them. Rock’n’roll has a tradition of being genuine and authentic.”

Wow this guy really doesn't know what he's on about.

Shaun Ryder on UFOs, another Sky show that aired in 2013, saw the Happy Mondays frontman visiting the likes of Donald and Deirdre from Bolton, who claimed to have been abducted by UFOs. Should Ryder be taken seriously? “Absolutely. But when people think of abductions, that might not be what it is......

And now he really is twisting Chrs Mellon man.....

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

A ufo expert????

That's hilarious.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I knew it! It’s all about merchandising.......

www.theguardian.com... ther

To The Stars Shop in Encinitas

No different than Spaceballs merchandising!

It’s a space scam.......I tell ya... a space scam
edit on 15-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"While the visual evidence is restricted to grainy radar footage..."

That guardian writer Rich Pelley seems clueless if he thinks the visual evidence released is radar. Radar data have not been released as far as I know, but at least he got the grainy part right, grainy fuzzy blobs on FLIR (not radar).

Thanks for another great thread mirageman. Sad to think it may be your last thread on ATS, but I've heard no updates on the sale of ATS so if there's no buyer ATS may unfortunately just die.

The US Navy seem to be heavily involved in spreading the UFO meme whilst the Air Force are ignoring it completely. So the whole operation might have nothing to do with UFOs. UFOs could well be the smokescreen.
That is odd, isn't it? As you say we have no proof it's a counter-intelligence operation, but Lue Elizondo has 20 years experience as a counter-intelligence agent.

In Tom DeLonge's Ask Me Anything thread on ATS, someone asked DeLonge how we could know he wasn't spreading mis-information. DeLonge replied his advisers were from intelligence, not counter-intelligence (since presumably counter-intelligence sometimes spreads false information). That seemed an odd re-assurance from Tom given Elizondo's vast experience in counter-intelligence. Add the fact that TTSA either has the worst analysts in the world on their staff to claim that the "GOfast UFO" was going 2/3 the speed of sound on Unidentified, when it's not doing anything a balloon can't do meaning it's not going over 50 knots or wind speed, or else they know it's not going fast and they are just lying. So TTSA is definitely feeding us misinformation about the speed of that UFO, and that's only one example, bloggers have written a lot about TTSA's challenges with truthfulness.

Chris Mellon claims fuzzy blobs on FLIR can't possibly planes because we would see control surfaces, but that's another lie, because no control surfaces are visible on these four F-15's captured on FLIR:

Also, Snowden leaked this document which has a section on UFOs:

Whether TTSA is just hyping boring videos to increase the "entertainment value" by lying about the speed, or whether they are incompetent analysts, or whether it's part of some larger counter-intelligence project, I'm not sure. Whatever the reason for TTSA's false claims, anybody interested in truth should view anything they say with a great deal of skepticism.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This, believe it or not, is the shortened version of Bigelow's meddling in ufology and manipulation of MUFON. Yet people rarely if ever question this man and his controlling behaviour. Perhaps because they believe he's some sort of philanthropist to the UFO community. When he is far from it.

Here's a brief run down of Bigelow's influence over the UFO field in general before we get to his 'Manipulation of MUFON'.

1991 - Bigelow funds the Roper Survey. Sent to psychologists nationwide it controversially concluded that 1 in every 50 Americans believed they may have been abducted by aliens.

1994 - Bigelow proposed a coalition of MUFON, CUFOS and FUFOR. One combined project was the Ambient Monitoring Project. Aimed at measuring environmental changes "during abduction experience". Although data was gathered the coalition dissolved due to irreconcilable differences and Bigelow wanting more control. The data has never been released.

1995 - he formed NIDS with a crowd of MIC spooks, including John Schuessler, John Alexander, Hal Puthoff, Colm Kelleher, Jacques Vallee and Eric Davis.

NIDS also funded a plethora of UFO researchers. But Bigelow didn’t like them to share their research with anyone but NIDS and himself.

In 1996 Bigelow bought Skinwalker ranch. Nothing of scientific value was ever made public.

2001 - Bigelow reached agreement with the FAA to collect UFO reports. Those reports remain locked away.

Early 2008 - Bigelow formed BAASS. Perhaps in response to a tip off about a forthcoming $22m contract Harry Reid knew about.

MANIPULATING MUFON

2009 - MUFON was approached via John Schuessler with a ‘business proposal’ from Bigelow. This proposal involved unlimited access (in real time) to MUFON’s case files and utilising MUFON field investigators for rapid response site visits, where ‘physical effects’, ‘living beings’ or ‘reality transformation’ was reported by UFO witnesses. Dubbed the Star Impact Team [SIP], MUFON personnel would be paid travel expenses and financial bonuses based on results. The MUFON Advanced Technology Establishment (MATE) would also produce reports on super technology.

In total 71 reports were submitted to BAASS. But some cases were not appearing on the MUFON database. Worse still were reports from field agents that BAASS personnel had already interviewed witnesses before they arrived and asked the witnesses not to speak to anyone else.

The BAASS 10 Month Report that was secretly handed to former police hero Tim McMillan last year was never seen by any MUFON Directors or personnel.

An uneasy atmosphere was growing. All risks and liabilities for Bigelow's unknown affiliates were with MUFON. Affiliates who also had access to MUFON case files and personal data of witnesses. There was deep concern that if an intelligence agency wanted to control MUFON, this was exactly how it would be done.

Add all of the above to a sudden influx of funds and strict contractual targets to meet. The pressure caused a rift between MUFON Directors that ran long after the BAASS funding stopped in late 2009.

In September of 2009 Bigelow demanded MUFON explain where they had spent his money. With accusations that funds were being misappropriated [seeing a pattern here?].

By November of 2009, $334k of the promised $672k had been paid to MUFON. Bigelow refused to pay any more until MUFON agreed new [and much lower fees]. MUFON was in chaos and eventually let the contract lapse. It was followed by spats, firings, resignations and the formation of the “The Committee to Reform MUFON”.

Conclusion

Bigelow is an asset of the US National Security State. The AAWSAP/AATIP/MUFON contracts prove it. Given his long association with members of the intelligence community then it is likely this was ongoing for decades.

The tactics he employed

Sponsor - organizations or researchers
Acquire - case information & witness details
Conceal - that information and what he does with it
Silence - sponsored researchers and possibly witnesses

Bigelow has been using UFO researchers to provide him with information for nearly 30 years. Then squirrels it away from prying eyes and the reach of FOIA. Bobby doesn't like to share.

The question is how deep is the involvement of the US government here?

edit on 16/9/2020 by mirageman because: NDA

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

A very well done timeline MM

The biggest nail sticking out of Bobs wall to me - has always been the Data aspect. Over the years he clearly spent money, time and nefarious methods of collating as much data as possible. We could speculate forever what he wanted the data for and what he did with it. Did he really just archive it all and put it under lock and key in a vault - or did that data find its way to the intelligence community?

With BAASS seemingly dead and buried - times have changed - I know we have speculated previously many many pages and threads ago now - what, if any involvement that Bigelow has in TTSA, either now or at its inception.

The one thing I dont think has changed is the "Data is King" motif - times have changed, as has Ufology, Society and more over: how data is now seemingly handed over for free but the large value it has to those that want it. If only the internet revolution had taken off a few decades earlier, Bob could have saved himself a few fair dollars!!!

Which brings me back full circle to a post I made a long time ago - The VAULT app. People are going to be able to "upload" their GPS location, Images, Videos, Descriptions of any "encounters" or sightings they have. As TTSA is officially a Government contractor - it does make one wonder who else will have access to that data.

The small print in that application when it launches will be an interesting read....

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

What's so interesting about people signing away on their rights to the data they're going to collect with said app? The Brave New Normative of Big Brother Corporate slowly chipping away on all the new infrastructure projects we could weaponize for actual progress strikes again! Who knew, right?

Aaaanyhow. I'd like to add a theoretical perspective on this prevailing perception of TTSA being part of "the gubmint". While I do believe this is a solid working hypothesis, I feel we could use a more detailed analysis of the various implications and readings of this theory. There are too many factions involved with any administration at all times. Plus the theory itself works as a more or less effective propaganda tool, effectively boosting the perception of a powerful gubmint with wak conspiracy theories. We'll have to be aware of that as well.
At this point it might be useful to talk power definitions and conflict theory. Especially with this infamous player involved, that decided not to get involved with TTSA in the end (officially): Skunk Works.

Power Definitions and Examples in Sociology
Theoretical Perspectives on Government and Power

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Great summary of Bigelow's involvement in the MUFON affair, thanks for sharing. So there we have another piece of the puzzle in the whole UAP/UFO debate surrounding TTSA and AATIP.

All that seems to imply the following:
- UFO/UAP research increasingly involves FOIA requests
- the U.S. government wants to avoid having to respond to FOIA requests
- therefore TPTB prefer to "outsource" UFO investigations to the private sector
- private companies can easily ignore inquiries by researchers or the public

Could the main objective be to actively "control the UFO narrative"? Which would in a way make sense when looking at TTSA and how they communicated over the past years. It would also explain why their approach is so "narrow", focusing mainly on the alleged Nimitz case up to now.

Below are some further ideas on how the narrative could be "owned":

- TTSA's The Vault and Scout initiatives would in future serve as the main platform for most of the reported UFO sightings

- this might someday also render obsolete whatever is left of MUFON and similar platforms

- TTSA's entertainment sector and the media (NYT, WaPo...) are fueling public belief in an unknown/foreign threat and are keeping hopes alive that real investigations are undertaken while keeping up the general interest in the topic

- the "threat scenario" would also play into the hands of the intelligence community allowing them to increase their overall surveillance capabilities

- it could further be a psychological operation to divert attention from another long-term objective that might be of military or political nature (maybe to justify future defense budgets or preparing for foreign aggressions, all of which would benefit the military-industrial complex)

Wildly speculative? Too conspiratorial? Or could the above be part of the TTSA/government agenda? If that were the case, there would of course be some other questions to ask regarding the roles of certain people and organizations.

Whatever the case, I'm having a hard time believing that TTSA has dedicated itself to UFOs/UAPs just for the sake of it (and for the money).

edit on 18-9-2020 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

.......- the U.S. government wants to avoid having to respond to FOIA requests
.......- this might someday also render obsolete whatever is left of MUFON and similar platforms

As of this doc shown below for 2019 (haven’t found the 2020 doc if it exists to see if it’s revised to state differently)...the FAA chooses to kick the can down the road. The FAA says go away and go to some other organization for reporting UFO’s as I read the one page, less than a full paragraph statement. If MUFON, for example, and other organizations are rendered obsolete... Then I see no other options to turn to that can be somewhat unbiased (at least that’s the theory) ...

Humorously.... the FAA statement (directive) is under Section 8. The rub being Section 8 is military speak for being Coo Coo Crazy! ... from google “Section 8 is a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a service member judged mentally unfit for service.”

Air Traffic Controllers and Pilots ... a good chunk of both being ex-military would know about Section 8.....having overtly used that word/number (a reminder) in a directive is almost a warning to discourage reporting unless you want to be seen as crazy and jeopardizing your career. Hypothetically of course.....

Source Link: www.faa.gov...

edit on 18-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
If MUFON, for example, and other organizations are rendered obsolete... Then I see no other options to turn to that can be somewhat unbiased (at least that’s the theory)...

Then again, I could imagine it would be extremely difficult to have just one major platform for UFO/UAP data and reports. The competition cannot be terminated altogether. This is one of the issues with this theory.

But if there would be one dominating platform, then it's like with Amazon, Google and YouTube. Those are the goto-platforms most people visit for specific purposes. Maybe the DoD could then, via TTSA, "control" at least the largest part of all incoming data and reports related to UFOs/UAPs.

I guess we'll know once TTSA have started rolling out their UFO/UAP reporting apps and cloud-based analytics platform. Depending on how hard they're going to push and promote those, I guess that would be some kind of indication.

However, up to now there hasn't been much buzz about it since the announcement some time ago. But maybe it just needs time to develop and test.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

What better way to acquire data on possibly adversarial and sightings of your own experimental aircraft and space based tech. than to ask the public to report it to you directly via an app?

That way you can control exactly what gets out publicly. Isn't this a more modern way of doing what Bigelow was doing and hoovering up the data from MUFON and other researchers?

But I think that's only one part of the plans. There are other agendas being played out.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Not familiar with TV Production....so my question is... should a series renewal be announced by now for next year's season? IF it was a hit (that's a stretch) series?

Source Link: premieredate.news...

Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation Season 3 is yet to be announced by History Channel
Current Show Status
Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation Season 3 — NOT RENEWED YET
Latest Episode
Aired Sat 8/22/2020
Extraterrestrial Encounters
Season 2: Episode 8
Next Episode
Sorry, no dates yet for Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation.
The show is either on a break or the new season is yet to be scheduled. We’ll keep you posted.

The Quartet

edit on 21-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There are other agendas being played out.

hmmmm. So it seems!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Justice interviews Puthoff (in none spotify link)
tunein.com...

Puthoff seems like the smartest dude in the room during this conversation.

After absorbing everything available on Justice- he comes across as a bit of a boy scout, with religious convictions - who predominantly communicates using memorised rhetorical anecdotes garnered from various leadership seminars he has likely participated in.

Couldn't resist looking into where this space/time metric business came from as Hal seems to imply he invented the theory......
Not sure others would agree.

As a question - is it practical to surmise someone might simply outlive everyone else with a clearance and accordingly- be the last man standing who remembers where all the prior research went?

Davis and Puthoff can pontificate all they want- but nothing they have suggested relating to Space Time Metric Engineering is actually new.

It all existed already under differing names, interpretations and implied usage.

Why the Navy's "Pocket combination Tesla/Einstein" (Pais) would then decide to use Puthoff's paper as a citation in a patent for his "optimistically operable" HAUC becomes an even more puzzling question.

edit on 28-9-2020 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I think you have hit on certain things here Juke; the recycling of various ideas - slap a Brand New! sticker on it and people will buy those ideas again, especially if you have a new generation that hasn’t drank the "New & Improved" formula before.

Maybe the “Op” is just a re-configuring of an old one, a few tweaks to the formula and its “New & Improved”?
If we were to throw out there the often mooted idea, that this is all an "Op" - who / what is the "Ops" target market?

Surely the US foreign "adversaries" do not buy this nonsense; they probably don’t even know this stuff exists and if they do, probably wet themselves laughing at the prospect that they may fall for it. I don’t think they are the targeted recipients of such an “Op” though, there are much better and quieter ways of doing that sort of thing – especially where counter-intelligence agents don’t have to go all out on TV talking stuff.

Espionage takes many forms as we have seen from how many "students" have infiltrated US universities on research programs - they don’t need videos by Tom - to suddenly waste time and money on "researching" flying stuff like that. They already have people in places for that kind of thing.

The only people that care about Ufology are the ones "in it" - the public doesn’t care as evidenced by the lack of overall interest since Dec 2017 outside of "Ufology”. So I do wonder what all this nonsense is about and to stop myself rambling incoherently even more, I ask the question again:

Who is the "Op" for?...

edit on p541044202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: Jukiodone

I think you have hit on certain things here Juke; the recycling of various ideas - slap a Brand New! sticker on it and people will buy those ideas again, especially if you have a new generation that hasn’t drank the "New & Improved" formula before.

Somehow it reminds me of this statement “Everything that can be Invented has been Invented“...often used perhaps with slight changes, in wording in some instances and different contexts .... But in the context of your statement, I agree that things have already been done and are makeover re-hashes. The content of TV shows for example, shows dealing with the same subject i.e. Aliens and UFO’s... but told in slightly different ways (meaning the same thing) to fit the theme or segment of the show.

Source Link: patentlyo.com...
edit on 28-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a very simple, basic psyop.

They wanted to repay Bigelow for his services. Harry Reid was called on to arrange all that ATTIP nonsense to get him reimbursed.

TDL, after he bothered this big shot from skunkworks, was passed around to various intelligence agencies to see which one wanted to exploit him in a UFO psyop.

Everything else is just gravy...enjoy...sop it up but use a napkin.

I'm sorry if spoiled all the fun. But you can bet the above is the truth!

edit on 28-9-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
legit analysis here again...forgot my account...made a newbie. Sorry to see interest waning on the thread, but the ufo subject suffers that same wane i suppose.

Ok, so we do have enough data now to know exactly what TTSA is up to. I must say, for a public benefit corporation they sure were evasive and kept any details tight to the breast.

I will make this an introductory post and get to the meat on the next post, as a little bit of breaking it all down will be required.

So the questions remain...is TTSA a government op? Are these guys legit at all as ufo researchers? What is really going on...what are they really up to? What are the long term goals? Do they have multiple agendas? We can easily assess all the above. Lets go (see next post).

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Badnezzzz

First off, no, TTSA is not a government psy-op. At least, not exactly... To understand TTSA we cannot look past the actors and just focus solely on the organization. We have to look at both and the set/setting.

The most overlooked fact in these threads is exactly what intelligence agencies do, and what they are specifically not-allowed to do. This is muddy water indeed given the notorious lawlessness of some intelligence agency actors. Yes, Intelligence agencies can set up shell corporations. Intelligence agencies can also work with domestic civilian contractors and other “assets”. However, the law requires that domestic operations against American citizens are stictly forbidden. TTSA, being front and center publically is literally “out in the cold” compared to a normal black op, even compared to a classified operation with a false public face. TTSA, being so public, literally cannot engage in any shenanigans that would comprise violation of restrictions on intelligence agencies’ domestic spying (short of congressionally sanctioned activity). So what does this mean regarding TTSA?

Well, Lue spilled the beans. This does indeed go back to Bigelow and ATTIP. Lue solved the mystery of why he is not versed in civilian ufology for us...it is because he was NOT ALLOWED to engage civilian data gathering as a DOD employee, as gathering it would be risking a violation of laws protecting against domestic spying. Hence, he focused all hus data gathering on military witnesses/sources.

Yet we know Lue is passionately supportive of classified government/military structure, and his involvement within classified government operations is literally his claim to public fame. So Lue came up with a plan to do an end run around laws restricting military operations domestically. His plan followed a long history of military/industry co-conspiracy such as the congressionally approved (and classified) mass surveilance domestic spying launched during Bush’s insanities that launched Snowden to fame, and illustrated how public telecom companies were more than happy to assist spies in highly questionable domestic spying.

So what did Lue, the patriot, do? Two things — first, he hooked up Bigelow through Reid’s funding. Now Bigelow (legal) not the military (illegal), was hoovering in huge reams of public data that was indeed set to be sent straight to intelligence amd military concerns once crunched and collated. Yes, although the military cannot collect intelligence data directly from civilian domestic sources, the military can (in a muddy fashion) contract a private company to do so for them...thus achieving an end run around the constitution and laws protecting citizens against illegal domestic spying. Perhaps Lue loves the governmemt more than he loves the freedoms of common citizens? Hard to say. But Bigelow did indeed deliver the publically sourced data, in classified, non-public format directly to government agents (possibly with cc: to Lue himself), and Bigelow’s report is still classified and in government hands to this day (outside of sanctioned leaks?).

But that wasn’t enough. Lue was driven to “complete the assignment” (his own words), and frustrated because he couldn’t get the military brass to obsess on UAP phenomena the way he felt they should. It is reasonable to assume many of Lue’s superiors were more in the know than him, and their complacency regarding UFOs was likely related to that knowing. But Lue apparently disagreed. So what did he do? He quit. But don’t be confused by that. He quit, in a sense, to still serve...to complete the mission (and probably to stash some cash).

Need to take a break. In the next post we will look at the audacity of what happened next, how it led to TTSA, what happened after, and we will have complete transparency regarding what TTSA is up to, the long term goals, and how although it is not a government op, it is almost exactly that...a hopefully-will-be government op...so to speak.

edit on 28-9-2020 by Badnezzzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2020 by Badnezzzz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join