It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobra Kai is Genius

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Well let me disagree, the acting is painful in my opinion, yes there is a charm to the imperfections but, its imperfections, it’s poor acting from both leads, the kids act better.

The script is childish, much like the Rocky formula of the first movie
Really, two dads and their children, both being trained by their opposites.
It will end when the two proponents join together to defeat a common enemy, hoping its aliens or Bigfoot

Look, it is charming I agree, no argument, entertaining, simple and a bit edgy I agree but, it won’t stand up to the test of time in my opinion

Having said all that, like Gilligan’s Island, The Brady Bunch etcetera, it’s entertainment and relevant to this generation
It’s good, it’s enjoyable

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Watched all episodes so far. Daniel is too annoying for my taste, further episodes he mellows down a bit but even then his "Ego" seems to push through occasionally. He seems unforgiving charachter regarding Johnny, even there are moments everything could go well between those two men, who messes things up is Daniel and his big ego is a reason.

Johnny is more colorful as a character, in his mind he even forgives his son "working" for Daniel, he only wishes that he and his son could have decent Father&Son relationship.

I haven't read anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if this reboot was inspired by this faux review of the original Karate Kid. It's hilarious and I could see where Ralph Macchio might get a kick out of playing the jerk for a change.

<< 1   >>

join