It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror Costs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Imagine for a minute:

You live in a town, small city or major metropolis that has foreign solders stationed nearby. Their mission is to route out terrorists, kill them most likely. They attack without regard to any potential collateral damage, to your family, friends, place of worship or even your local medical clinic or hospital. Their preferred tactic is to use remote drones so as not to endanger the troops unnecessarily and expose themselves to bad press.

[coor=yellow]So my question is would you fight back? Or would you move? And why?

It would be great to hear responses to these questions, if you care.

I ask these questions having just seen a report about the cost of war at:

watson.brown.edu...

They have complied the costs in dollars, death and displacement of persons.

Here is their summary of costs as of November 2019:

• Over 801,000 people have died due to direct war violence, and several times as many indirectly
• Over 335,000 civilians have been killed as a result of the fighting
• 37 million — the number of war refugees and displaced persons
• The US federal price tag for the post-9/11 wars is over $6.4 trillion dollars
• The US government is conducting counterterror activities in 80 countries
• The wars have been accompanied by violations of human rights and civil liberties, in the US and abroad

Is this war worth it and why would be another question.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
War is never worth it, that's partly why we love Trump, he has started no wars and is getting us out. COVID has caused more damage monetarily in 8 months.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If your a hard core neo-con it was 100% worth it

Other than that the “war on terror” has been perhaps the biggest waist of life, money, resources and time in history
edit on 8-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What about the war on drugs?

That's been a pretty significant waste of resources... Just to give black funding to the CIA

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So my question is would you fight back? Or would you move? And why?

This actually touches a nerve for me personally.

2004: It was already determined that the "WMD Existential Threat to the U.S." was hyped B.S. designed to fear the U.S. populace into supporting the unprovoked voluntary U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq.

My sisters had talked to me on the phone in 2003 and they asked me if there was a threat posed by Iraq. I told them no, that's just a propaganda. Just wait, as soon as the invasion starts the PR will shift to "liberating the poor repressed Iraqis".

2004, a family re-union: my sisters say "You were totally right. That's exactly what happened."

My dad on the other hand was all "On my way here I saw protestors on an overpass. I felt like getting out and protesting against them."

I didn't feel like arguing with him, just walked away, thinking "Protesters protest because things are not going the way they think they should be. You, on the other hand, who think Iraq should be butchered are getting exactly what you want. You've got nothing to protest."

Then later, my dad's like, "I wish I was in a tank in the middle of that square blowing terrorists away".

I'd had it by then, so rather than walk away, I said, "If I lived in that town, I would do everything in my power to kill you, because you would be the terrorist in my town."

Anyway, my dad and I had a falling out after that, I did not have anything to do with him again until he was dying and I visited him in the hospital.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If there are drones flying over my house and property I'm gonna exercise my 2and amendment rights and go skeet shooting.

If terrorists come on my land they are gonna have real problems as the dogs will not tolerate strangers. If I hear the dogs you have already made your last mistake.

I kill coyotes if the dogs dont get the first. I have a 300 yard advantage from all directions no trees just mowed field. The dogs collars range is about 75 feet. Their eye sight , smell and hearing give me a clear advantage as they will bark at only dogs deer or man.

Gotta love German shepherds and labradors.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

the biggest waist of life

????
I saw one of those once...

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Is this war worth it and why would be another question.

And yet another question would be is any War worth it. ?

new topics

top topics

join