It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists discover ancient Egyptian burial shaft with 13 completely sealed wooden coffins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Aallanon
Are wooden coffins “normal”?

Yes, for the regular joe!

Not quite. The regular joe wasnt likely to be buried in anything, let alone a wooden sarcophagus. During the Middle Kingdom, a wooden sarcophagus was reserved for the Egyptian elite. Your regular Joe was wrapped in linen and buried in the desert with a little bit of food for their journey to the afterlife.

Thanks for the correction, you know, I did consider that, the wood coffin was, I guess "mid level", if one had the means, it would be stone, wood, would be next, the poorest in linen. I guess the timeframe is relevant.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Well I spent 2.5 years in university studying archaeology ... I guess it does mean a lot to me.

Furthermore, the Egyptian authorities have been known to be closed off, which is kind of understandable, but then again, it's mainly because of Hawass. He demands everything found in Egypt, be promoted and credited only by the Egyptian antiquities. In other words, he's stubborn.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

previously on tomb raider...

I hope these remains are left untouched, these sarcophagi should be treated like lightning-look but don't touch. I remember another another story from Saqqara about a toy airplane but i could have the wrong location.

the ancient egyptians are a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Anon283799

previously on tomb raider...

I hope these remains are left untouched, these sarcophagi should be treated like lightning-look but don't touch. I remember another another story from Saqqara about a toy airplane but i could have the wrong location.

the ancient egyptians are a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

They really shouldn't be opening them this year for sure!

Mummies curse!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join