It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social media claims Taiwanese shootdown of Chinese fighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
A Chinese Su-35 crashed in Guangxi, and social media is claiming Taiwanese air defense shot it down after it violated their airspace. The pilot was seriously injured in the crash. Videos show a large smoke cloud coming from the ground.

www.jewishpress.com...

This is a breaking story.
edit on 9/4/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
A Chinese Su-35 crashed in Guangxi, and social media is claiming Taiwanese air defense shot it down after it violated their airspace. The pilot was seriously injured in the crash. Videos show a large smoke cloud coming from the ground.

www.jewishpress.com...

This is a breaking story.

Thank you for posting this Zaph. What’s your thoughts in relation to the distance of supposed crash site from Taiwan.
edit on 4-9-2020 by Robbo2006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

With the little detail that's been released so far, I'm leaning more towards a training accident than a shootdown. It's possible it was damaged and flew that far before crashing, but that's a pretty good distance from Taiwan for it to have gone.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
It certainly looks like another wait and see.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no way it was shot down. If it was hit over the Taiwan Strait, he would have flown over three large provinces, and multiple available bases that would have made a lot more sense than flying all the way across that territory to crash where he did.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Knock them down boys!

Has Taiwan addressed the social media claims at all? I'd love to think it was them (or even us), but we will have to see

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Ugh, I'd rather not. I mean, once a really-real shooting war starts, I'd hope its Taiwan/allies shooting down Chinese jets, but as much as I dislike/distrust the CCP, I can't root for a MAJOR superpower war.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Taiwan denies shooting it down.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Agree totally here

Now Taiwan I'm sure has access to the latest and great in defensive gear, either from the US or NATO/Japan right?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Not all the latest and greatest, but advanced tech, yes.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on Fri Aug 18 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join