It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be aware but not alarmed, police say as they investigate strange markings left on vehicles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

REDDING, Calif. —
Investigators with the Redding Police Department have been looking into multiple reports of vehicle windows supposedly marked with letters and numbers such as "2F" or "1F1B." Facebook posts alerting others suggests the markings are codes for possible sex trafficking.

Redding Police Sergeant Danny Semtak agreed the markings are strange. However, he went on to say there have been no reports of anyone assaulting, kidnapped, hurt, or anything in that nature following the writing on their windows.

The other report of a woman stating her windows were "marked" comes out of the Turtle Bay parking lot, which police are also investigating.
Be aware but not alarmed, police say as they investigate strange markings left on vehicles

This could be nothing sinister. I think it is worth keeping an eye on. Because it could be sex trafficking, rape or some other sick stuff. It could be car thieves or even something totally innocent.

The police are trying to get surveillance video and figure out what is going on. They say as soon as they know anything, they will let us know.

As always, be aware of your surrounding at all times. Especially in places like parking lots.

edit on 3-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

At first I thought it meant "2 Females" and "1 Female 1 Beta", so basically the same thing.

It's a sick world, thank you for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Is it always an '' F " or " B " no other letters ?

If so sex trafficking makes since or something sexual in nature , but if not it could be literally anything .
edit on 3-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Are sex-traffickers vacant enough to use a coding/tagging system that a carwash would circumvent?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

It would be a very temporary signal. Likely related to the parking lot. Someone marks the cars. Someone else sees it and waits for the occupant to return.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Females should always carry something for self defense...anything.
Even if it’s putting some type of instrument on your keychain for gouging eyeballs out at close quarters as a last resort.
A gun would be the best bet but that is not always possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

If it comes down to it a key can do a lot of damage and gives you the advantage of surprise. You can always carry your key, ready to use, while walking to your car.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

If it comes down to it a key can do a lot of damage and gives you the advantage of surprise. You can always carry your key, ready to use, while walking to your car.

Yes a key would definitely work but I was thinking something like the old style bottle openers.
Sharp, curved tip and it could have a little bit longer length than a key and just jam that bitch right in their eye and twist.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

But why, if it was a two-person operation, wouldn't the "marker" opt for communications that left no clues to the "marked" that they were being watched/stalked?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Everyone should be armed, and I have no problem saying that anyone abducting a child should be shot, several times.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I think by the time the victim might see the mark, it is too late to matter.

Lets say someone working there or a homeless person sleeping near is being paid a few bucks by some "gangs" to mark the vehicles.

Some group or gang may be working shifts and robbing people 24/7 or maybe something worst.

Someone could drive through and pick out the target vehicle/s then park and wait. I think they follow them by car and then strike elsewhere. That keeps the heat off their hunting grounds.

Of course this is all conjecture and it could just be a bored parking lot attendant.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So far, there have been no reported kidnappings, assaults, or similar crimes.

Hopefully it all amounts to nothing.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I will second that!
2D

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The female/boy thing makes little sense
Boy and female? Why not boy / girl or male / female?
They would go with b/g or m/f to designate genders...
The most obvious alternative is front/back, perhaps
marking passengers for carjacking or robbery..?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

I was thinking along the same line. Maybe there is G and M also, could be being used and they are not reporting it or don't realize it yet.

Or of course you could be right.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I agree probably not boy that doesnt really make sense unles they used girl. B could be baby however so 1f 1b would be a female with a baby. And if this is true then yes women need to watch out.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am thinking:

F=Female
M=Male
G=Girl (underage)
B=Boy (underage)

It's all just guessing without more facts.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thousands of women and children have been rescued from Sex Traffickers this year and last. Maybe they are using a new system to gain replacements in some way.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thousands of women and children have been rescued from Sex Traffickers this year and last. Maybe they are using a new system to gain replacements in some way.

I hope not.

The demand needs to be addressed somehow.

ETA- I bet if they turned the war on drugs into the war on sex traffickers, they would still confiscate as many drugs.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Yes a key would definitely work but I was thinking something like the old style bottle openers.
Sharp, curved tip and it could have a little bit longer length than a key and just jam that bitch right in their eye and twist.

I couldn't read that without picturing you doing the motions and facial expressions to go with what you were writing

And - I agree!

The markings...I guess I'd want to know what more of the markings are, and where they occured, in krder to make any sort of reasonable guess about what they're for/about

top topics

<<   2 >>

join