It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving the will of the Father

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that when he talks about "The Father", he is talking about flesh or his body. Nothing really concise to back it up, even though the only time he brings up his body was the last supper. Might have to do with an emphasis on reality, but who knows. The Father could be his ID for all I wonder since therw is a oasage or two saying not to tempt him, cant remember if it used Lord or Father tho.

Mess with the Simba, you mess with Mufusa.

edit on 4-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

He was a whoremonger and a alcoholic.

Depends on definition: a monger is a merchant. A fish monger sells fish. A purchaser of fish is a customer, not a monger. But somehow the plain definition of monger doesn't apply if one is speaking of sex outside of marriage. That's weird.

Alcoholic is a specific medical diagnosis. Plenty of people get drunk occasionally without ever being diagnosed as alcoholic.

The irony is that you shoot down your own arguments.
Glend was suggesting that MLK jr. got into heaven, after you stated that good works and following the golden rule don't get a person into heaven.

So, was Martin Luther King Jr. a Christian or was he not a Christian?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Does going to church to wash the stink off count? Its ironic that MLK should of been a Muslim, an X should of been Christian since he dissaproved of Polygamy.

edit on 4-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Does going to church to wash the stink off count?

I'm going to have to draw on my memory for this. Nobody cares if I drink alcohol or not. So washing the stink off doesn't factor in at all.

Now the other part: I haven't had a sex partner in over 20 years, but memory and extrapolation would say "If I had a relationship with one woman, and for some reason or other engaged in sexual conduct with another, then I would take a shower or bath to wash the scent of the 2nd woman off before returning to the 1st woman." That doesn't involve church at all.

It's ironic that I'm not a Christian or a Muslim yet people expect me care about entry into Christian heaven or Muslim paradise to await some resurrection to eternal life. I've got no reason to consider life to be eternal.

edit on 4-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Don't you know everyone that isn't a christian goes to hell...

you know... the narrow path... lol

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

They had good reasons to fear him. So they assassinated him, in name and body. But none of that really matters. What matters is the truth that is our temple. A great many saints have entered that temple. From keys delivered through prayer.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

This one time,
I was in eternity.

I walked around looking at images.
They looked just like people,
but they didn't move.

Nothing moved,
not air, not water,
no breath, no blood flow.
no thought, no emotion.

When nothing moves there is no time,
for time is duration of movement.

Eternity is the no time passing
realm of the motionless.

Okay, since I was walking around looking, observing, and thinking, then I must not have been there at all; merely a time bound spectator of the timeless. And I am glad to not be there in eternity.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't time be "duration of existence" or even experience?

regardless of movement or lack there of... time marches on...

Time only halts when we are no longer there to experience it... and even then it only halts for us

A billion or so years from now this planet will no longer exist... but we won't even have a trace of our existence left millions of years before that happens... almost as if we never existed at all...

yet time still marches on

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

yet time still marches on

As long as something remains to move.

I am no astro-physicist. As far as I care to think ahead is the Earth dropping into the red giant Sol in a couple billion years. And even that: there's nothing I can do about it. Eat, drink, and be merry for in a couple billion years, it's all over.

I should just give up on the heavy meta-physical musing and stick with fiction and poetry, and music and movies, and short walks in the park, and feeding birds, and petting cats, and .... a whole lot of activities and dreams and such.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I should just give up on the heavy meta-physical musing and stick with fiction and poetry, and music and movies, and short walks in the park, and feeding birds, and petting cats, and .... a whole lot of activities and dreams and such.

on the contrary...

experience it all while you can... there will come a point where said ideals of living will no longer be an option

as i mentioned in the other thread... i work there... i see it almost every day

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

And as I said on the other thread: I don't use deathbed confessions to illustrate points.

Live while you can, for later, that option will be unavailable to you.
Are we agreed then?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

And as I said on the other thread: I don't use deathbed confessions to illustrate points.

Live while you can, for later, that option will be unavailable to you.
Are we agreed then?

As far as "live life while you can" we are most definitely agreed.... said life will be taken from us in time...

Life continues on beyond this existence though... unfortunately theres no way to prove that

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Life continues on beyond this existence though... unfortunately theres no way to prove that

This pastor told me once "You've got your amillennialists, your premillennialists, and your postmillennialists. I'm a panmillennialist. Because it all pans out in the end."

The question is: Are the pro-eternal-life-ists more likely to live forever or are the non-eternal-life-ists?

Just kidding, because I really don't care.

This post really should have been in the other thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

i tend to say, we all have been there, and we will all return... regardless of belief

what "there" actually is... no one knows... perhaps we jump through time, from planet to planet or universe to universe...

Though again, i side with you... couldn't care less, everything happens for a reason

We'll find out when we cross that line... and not before

in the mean time, try to enjoy what we have... cause it won't be here for long

reminds me of a song

edit on 4-9-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
On a rock you can build a house.

Don't be homeless.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

it is someone who frequently visits whores. Webster's Dictionary defines it as: A person who has dealings with prostitutes, especially a sexually promiscuous man. Actually the word of God defines it in its context and your understanding it not God meaning.

You will do well to learn the following first before commenting on God's words.

2Cor 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

edit on 9/5/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You will do well to learn the following first before commenting on God's words.

Thank you.
I see that now, after looking at each verse of the KJV which uses the word whoremonger(s) in context.

For sure, the mysteries of Christianity are far beyond me.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A simple and effective way to upgrade the "current" habitat EA*RTH that is shared with other life and as well as develop a better relationship with the Created Siblings is to follow the Golden Rule.

Why following said Golden Rule we automatically begin to treat one another as a family. A family not just of the flesh and connected to only the physical, but ALSO a Spiritual family connected beyond the physical within the metaphysical...

By learning to treat each other accordingly WE automatically serve THY FATHERS will.

Because we then would be conducting ourselves as his children united instead of stuck on sibling rivalry...
Conducting ourselves as such allows us to Exist and transition between the barriers of life and death within Existence more peacefully.

These barriers of life and death within existence or that which is understood as the physical and metaphysical ARE Characteristics of FATHER and his Children or you. And by helping each other out like family is supposed to our projected existence will become more BRIGHTER 🌞 As shall our objective conscious awareness of Existence and the many realities within it.

As a father, I hope and pray that my offspring will get along and help each other out when or if I cannot as they develop. So I can see THY FATHER probably wanting the same for us.

LORD JESUS CHRIST is like big bro... All are FATHERS children. And he is probably tired of many of us wasting time in 3D class. As he said in the skin we are away from him and home.
Something to consider.
a reply to: glend

2 CORINTHIANS 5
1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight

8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Do you really believe that an entity powerful enough to create a universe as large as our own, could not stop the negativity that exists on earth? Obviously, that negativity has purpose, else it would not exist. Seeing good, seeing bad are part and parcel of our dualistic mind. The will of the Father is beyond the dualistic of good or bad. The will of the Father is beyond mind.

So I would argue the golden rule is for mind. The attributes may be aligned to the Fathers will, but I see the Fathers will as being distinct from the other. The Fathers will moreso of "being" rather than "doing". In saying that, I am not implyng that the golden rule does not empower the will of the Father within us.

It might be as simple as breathing in nature. Existing in the moment of the Now that is the Fathers will. When we allow our mind to drive us into craving, we exist in a dream world, in which the Father doesn't exist.

So which "will" do we want to exist. The will of the Father or the will of our Mind. That is our free will.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

So which "will" do we want to exist. The will of the Father or the will of our Mind. That is our free will.

I hear you on the potential dualistic or non dualistic traits.
And yes I do feel FATHER can end this school if he wanted but apparently he wants us to learn.

Most fathers I know including myself want to see their children or offspring coexist and do well interacting with one another. So It is hard for me to see a point in Creating something then giving it knowledge or intelligence only to see it fail.

The end result would be nothing if all created only seek to provide Service To Self S.T.S eventually as the most dominant created would eventually devour and destroy the rest of the created siblings...
So I feel YES, though FATHER may have a defensive side required to defend those THY loves, ultimately I feel THE wants those he put energy into creating to thrive and grow, mature and move on past this school in the lower 3D realms.

So for FATHER to intervene directly here on EA* as I suspect he may have in our past it may come off too disciplinary to you and others. Like children being disciplined by their father who is only trying to keep his offspring on the right track. And the seeds get upset at times. So he does not.

But it appears he allows his more mature seeds for example like LORD JESUS CHRIST or KRISHNA to intervene as he watches over.

To you it, life may seem extreme here especially before it ends for your perceptions may only see 3D reality, but to FATHER you are a ETERNAL SPIRIT just in class on this planet hopefully to be making it back home outside of here and your flesh once you can consciously Ascend your Spirit energy to mature levels. As CHRIST has.

To conclude then we are ultimately to Exist in the will of THY FATHER and follow some of the teachings from our more mature brother LORD CHRIST.
Otherwise FATHER would not of sent he in my perceptions...
edit on 9/5/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join