It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving the will of the Father

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The dualistic mind see's everything that is beyond body as a seperate entity to itself.

In that sense, I am very much of a dualistic mind. I see that as essential to an ethic of treating others as individuals. The Golden Rule of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." would sort of fall apart if there were no others.

There was a time in which I entertained adopting a form of solipsism, wherein there were no others, only my illusion of otherness. That didn't seem moral to me at all. So I dumped that idea.

I will read the Relativism if you read the wikipedia - I and Thou.

edit on 1-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I use to practice deep meditation. Broke into the abyss a few times but wasn't easy. Remember reading about a christian saint that said, every night, he dies for Jesus. Realized he was travelling to abyss as well, but nightly wow! Because basically thats the only way to get in. By jumping in naked. Come what may (even death). It empowers the I AM. But knowing nothing of that at the time, I called it the watcher.

It is something you can achieve. If you have the will.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

We are all of dualistic mind. Because we exist in dualistic mind. Thing is, we can exist outside the dualistic mind. That is what I believe Jesus was refering to by the will of the Father.

There is book called power of one by eckhart tolle. Simply the most inspiring book I have read.

I'm off to the link.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Martin Buber is bit hard to understand but think its good explanation. Thing is I doubt that the non dualistic mind can be grasped by dualistic mind. So every explanation will be lacking.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Thing is I doubt that the non dualistic mind can be grasped by dualistic mind.

Well, my mental energies are about exhausted for the moment. Hard to grasp anything (spell checker, fix those words that look like gibberish).
I will sleep on it.
Which side of the bed now?
Okay, the non-dual bed.
That way I can freely roll from side to side.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

lol, happy dreams, pthena

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

True, the dualistic mind can't mimick the non dualistic.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Love beats reason.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

that it does, thank you out6of9balance.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

take the KJV read it from beginning to end. put a P next to positive verses and a N next to negative verses. When you are all done count and compare the number of P's tot he number of N's. I guarantee you that the Bible is 75% negative.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Worldish demonic understanding is not true knowledge. You have to rely on love.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Back before cell phones I had to be careful when talking to myself. But now people just assume I am talking to someone else using blue tooth or some hands free device.

Check this story out: Three View.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Your count, yes. But a person that has more positive attributes to words and phrases would count differently to you. The mind also labels everything it see's. Once the mind see's a bird and labels it, we never see the bird again, just the minds representation of that bird. Thats why some people see the world as beautiful whilst others see it as satanic. The world reflects what is in peoples heart. So to correct the evil in the world it has to be done from within,

When one exists in the I AM. The brain no longer has control. Everything one see's is like seeing through the eyes of a child. Just something as simple as witnessing a leaf blowing in the wind brings immense joy. So if you can accept anything from my misguided soul please train your brain to be your slave rather than your master. Don't let it keep you dreaming in past or future tense. For every second we exist in the NOW, we exist with God (that is one of the reasons for prayer to keep us in the NOW).

I hope you do realize ChesterJohn that I do admiire your will and dogged perseverance to protect gospels from misinterpretation to the best of your ability. I image you as Jesus gladiator.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You would do well to know that that is not my count, that it is God's words that are negative and they are for a reason. Positivity doesn't get anyone to heaven, good works,loving thy neighbor, following the gold rule wont get you to heaven in the church age.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I would like to think this man did.....

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You have to burn the fire of the present Eternal.
edit on 2-9-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Jesus—How He Lived to Do God’s Will

“My food is for me to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.”​—JOHN 4:34.

THE setting in which Jesus said the above words reveals much about the focus of his life. Jesus and his disciples had been traveling all morning through the hilly country of Samaria. (John 4:6, footnote) Thinking that Jesus must be hungry by now, the disciples offered him some food. (John 4:31-33) In his reply, Jesus summed up his purpose in life. To him, doing God’s work was more important than eating. In both word and deed, Jesus lived to do God’s will for him. What did this include?

Preaching and teaching about God’s Kingdom

The Bible explains Jesus’ lifework, saying: “He went around throughout the whole of Galilee, teaching . . . and preaching the good news of the kingdom.” (Matthew 4:23) Jesus did not simply preach, or proclaim, God’s Kingdom to others. He also taught people​—that is, he instructed, explained, and convinced by sound reasoning. The Kingdom was the theme of Jesus’ message.

Throughout his ministry, Jesus taught his listeners what God’s Kingdom is and what it will do. Note the following truths about the Kingdom, along with the Scriptural citations that give us Jesus’ words on the subject.

- God’s Kingdom is a heavenly government, and Jesus is the one whom Jehovah has appointed as King.​—MATTHEW 4:17; JOHN 18:36.

- The Kingdom will sanctify God’s name and cause his will to be done on earth as in heaven.​—MATTHEW 6:9, 10.

- Under the rule of God’s Kingdom, the entire earth will be transformed into a paradise.​—LUKE 23:42, 43.

- God’s Kingdom will soon come and carry out God’s will for the earth. *—MATTHEW 24:3, 7-12.

Revealing the personality of Jehovah God

Consider two important ways in which Jesus revealed his Father.

- In his teaching, Jesus made known the truth about Jehovah​—His name, his purpose, and his ways.​—JOHN 3:16; 17:6, 26.

- By his actions, Jesus revealed many beautiful facets of Jehovah’s personality. Jesus reflected his Father’s personality so perfectly that he could, in effect, say: ‘If you want to know what my Father is like, just look at me.’​—JOHN 5:19; 14:9.

Are You Doing God’s Will?

edit on 2-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Jesus—How He Lived to Do God’s Will

- In his teaching, Jesus made known the truth about Jehovah​—His name, his purpose, and his ways.​—JOHN 3:16; 17:6, 26.

edit on 2-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

My Will is to Love others, seek Truth, do the right thing, and be thankful and happy with all of these blessings which I will share.

Ah yes, but...

“What Is Truth?”

“We should love, not in word or with the tongue, but in deed and truth.”​—1 JOHN 3:18.
What is the highest form of love?

What is “love free from hypocrisy”?

How can we be sure that our love is genuine?
HOW TO SHOW “LOVE . . . IN DEED AND TRUTH”

Source: ‘Love in Deed and Truth’—1 John 3:18 | Study

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Obviously you never read the released FBI reports of what this man was and did from those who had to guard him and drive him around before his assassination. It would discuss you. He was a whoremonger and a alcoholic.
edit on 9/4/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join