It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving the will of the Father

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Here is the will of God

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Anything before this will not get your any points with God.

edit on 8/31/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

God loves your ice cream.

Oh the stories I could tell about ice cream!

The ice cream I mentioned wasn't made by me.
I looked it up on the internet.
Internet ice cream for an internet forum.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Here is the will of God

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Anything before this will not get your any points with God.

I dunno...

I don't recognize Jesus as divine but it's an absolute that God is favoring me at every turn.

To each their own but personally I know God is pleased that I focus 100% on God. None of the man-gods are distracting me with weird religions.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
What are you looking at when focusing on 'God'?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: muzzleflash
What are you looking at when focusing on 'God'?

I'm not looking at anything.

God is the underlying force of all things and is invisible in that regard.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Why is it that we highlight phrases that promote our being? Should we not be examining phrases, that don't. To discover a greater truth, through negation.

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.". If we presume the majority of christians align themselves to the will of God, why is it, only a few are allowed pass the gate? Why did Jesus say "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"?

Obviously if only a few find it. Its not as simple as aligning ones will to Gods will. There is something else that must be found. When Jesus said "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.",

What is it that must die!! Why is something so very truly critical to attaining heaven obfuscated from our understanding?

Is it because we are not ready to hear that truth. To live forever, that which is not ready, must die, before death comes?

Perhaps, only when we are ready to jump naked into the abyss, come what may. Will God catch is in his hands.

Is our faith strong enough for us to take such a leap, ChesterJohn?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

But the New Testament does not make it clear on how to serve the Fathers will.

It does actually... 4 books thats all you need, and its out lined quite clearly

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I use to talk to an italian lady that was having visitations from Jesus. She said Jesus told her beware of the ice-cream men. That they were trying to change the genome of man.

It was enough to put me of off all ice-cream. Except chocolate icecream.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

they were trying to change the genome of man.

Because the suit makes the man?

So maybe eat the ice cream but don't wear the suit?
Okay, then Chocolate Ice Cream Suit, not Vanilla.

============
On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities, including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks.www.cdc.gov...

That was because of a Listeria outbreak. Genome tracing was used to track it back to sources. Can't find indication of Listeria changing genome of man though. Maybe an expert could shed some light on the matter.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

aha ... 4 books. Perhaps your quest for untruths is incomplete. Does one of the gospels contain a story within a story (a neopythagorean nightmare!). Perhaps. After we tear down every truth in this world, that which will remain, is the Father. The only truth being I AM.

"I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father"

The operative word is seek. One cannot know the Father, one can only seek to experience the Father. Perhaps this is why Origen stated that the esoteric was not made known to the multitude. Those ruled by egoism will simply reject that call.

Nice kitty.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

good luck finding truth in this world...

considering the "father" of this world is the ruler of lies

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

video LOL....

Interesting, my communication ended with her in 2014. She told me that Jesus often appeared to her with a red bull. Even asked him to visit me. Whatever it was, was real, wasn't nagative, yet extremely powerful. Gace me image of foot stepping in pond with date 6 March 2015. Although I don't know if that was related to icecream thingy. Also images of myself working on computer, from perspective of screen, that spooked me out at the time.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Our dualistic minds are incapable of finding absolute truth. Like einstein said, all truth is relative to self.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What does God's word say about faith?

Roms 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
Roms 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Roms 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Roms 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Roms 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Eph 2:8,9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Roms 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Roms 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Roms 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
There are about 110 other verses just in the church writings, that show FAITH as a powerful and effective to our salvation. Any other route a man may follow to get saved sends a man straight to hell.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Our dualistic minds are incapable of finding absolute truth. Like einstein said, all truth is relative to self.
The Bible is absolute truth, from that you can have the final authority for your life and for godliness. But if you stand before God and tell him his truth is relative to yourself (truth is what I want it to be), you will find yourself quickly burning in hell right along side Einstein.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Would you please define dualistic minds.
And can you cite the source for the Einstein reference that "all truth is relative to self"?

==========
An update on Tao Te Ching:

I'm on chapter 4.

The Way is empty, yet inexhaustible,
Like an abyss!
It seems to be the origin of all things.
It dulls the sharpness,
Unties the knots,
Dims the light,
Becomes one with the dust.

Deeply hidden, as if it only might exist.
I do not know whose child it is.
It seems to precede the ancestor of all.

- translated by Stefan Stenudd -
------------------
is the Chinese word Ti which is translated as "the ancestor of all" the supreme God in Chinese mythology. Also referred to as Shang Ti or Shangdi.

"Shangdi" continues to be used in a variety of traditions, including certain philosophical schools,[2] certain strains of Confucianism,[3] some Chinese salvationist religions (notably Yiguandao) and Chinese Protestant Christianity. In addition, it is common to use such term among contemporary and secular Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwanese and Overseas Chinese societies typically for a singular universal deity and a non-religion translation for God in Abrahamic religions.
wikipedia - Shangdi

I looked at the list of Chinese deities and many of them have the 帝 in the name, kind of like Hebrew has El in names; El this and El that.

Tao te Ching seems to indicate that the Way is prior to the Deity, can maybe be with or without the Deity. The Deity Himself is subject to the Way.

I will think on these things.

edit on 31-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Our brain labels everything it senses and quantifies attributes to those labels. The attributes for your definition of God is not exactly the same attributes that I have for God. So words in themselves don't covey truth, they only convey patterns, in which our minds, try to resolve from matching our understanding of attributes to those patterns.

You might say the sky is blue and thats an absolute truth. But people at a distance see the sky as red and see that as an absolute truth. They are both relative truths. Perhaps this is why Matthew 18:3 warns we must be like children. We must become more receptive to truth. Rather than believing that our truth is the absolute truth.

I think you will find ChesterJohn, the New Testament mostly reflects what already exists in our heart. If a person has love in their heart they will see the Bible as a book of love. If they have fear and anguish in the heart, they will see the bible as a book warning of hell/or deliverance. Fear or an afterlife, doesn't motivate my seeking of God. So telling me I am going to hell means absolutely nothing to me.

I do understand that it was a gesture of good will from your viewpoint. And I thank you for that.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Would you please define dualistic minds....

The dualistic mind see's everything that is beyond body as a seperate entity to itself. At smaller scale it also has a binary true/false sense to contrasting pairs rather than viewing them in an analogue sense as being part of the same aspect.

Einstein reference that "all truth is relative to self"?
sorry mind slipped to special relativity. I was thinking relativism as here

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I accidently saw this quote from Einstein while looking for that other quote but not finding it:

Wording in Ideas and Opinions:
The Jewish scriptures admirably illustrate the development from the religion of fear to moral religion, a development continued in the New Testament. The religions of all civilized peoples, especially the peoples of the Orient, are primarily moral religions. The development from a religion of fear to moral religion is a great step in peoples' lives. And yet, that primitive religions are based entirely on fear and the religions of civilized peoples purely on morality is a prejudice against which we must be on our guard. The truth is that all religions are a varying blend of both types, with this differentiation: that on the higher levels of social life the religion of morality predominates.

ETA

Also, I added to my above post an update on Tao te Ching.

edit on 31-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sorry My mind was thinking reference frames which slipped into special relativity by mistake. I trying to look up my images in ats but its freezing. Think I had image of elephant and six blind men describing it. Like here.

ok reading now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join