It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Mask Hysteria Is Ridiculous

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Or we could treat it like every other mild respiratory virus and let our immune system fight it. The immune system which has evolved over millions of years for this very purpose. The very same immune system which fights over 1 million unique viral strains every single day. The immune system which is being damaged due to isolation by these measures. Sharing our germs is what keeps it functioning!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero
We have built-in masks called lips 👄. Just close your mouth, avoid talking in places where keep distance is difficult. One doesn’t need a mask unless he cannot speak without spitting on others.

gotta close those nostrils too, friend

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc
Oh right, because ever other nation on Earth is voting on November 3rd.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Or we could treat it like every other mild respiratory virus and let our immune system fight it. The immune system which has evolved over millions of years for this very purpose. The very same immune system which fights over 1 million unique viral strains every single day. The immune system which is being damaged due to isolation by these measures. Sharing our germs is what keeps it functioning!

Correct.

Though I have seen estimates far higher than 1 million.

Many may be of the same strains but on a daily basis we inhale and injest literally trillions of individual viruses. The air is full of them and everything is coated in them and they embed deep in many objects even rocks etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Oh and without constant virus exposure we would die and humans would go extinct.

Viruses are thought to be integral to our evolution and development. They are genetic communicators and 99.99% of the time their activities are not threatening.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The land of the free and home of the brave is no more.

It is now the land of the timid and home of the quarantined.

So sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I work in a warm humid enviroment in close proximity to many people.

The mask does absolutly nothing for me, yet we are still required to mask up and work is not providing the mask so I have started wearing the most outlandish colors I can to wear in uniform.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Masks have the same affect as covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Both are equally effective... but nobody is having that discussion.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

I stopped using the library, because the library staff member came to me and said something like 'we have the kind of orders..'

As if I am somehow under obligation to obey -their- orders that they got from an undisclosed source. I just told them I am simply returning some books and will be out of their hair soon. I picked up the mask as if it was something repulsive, and placed it on the table. That mask remained on the table ever since (until someone else did something about it, and I was long gone by then).

Little rebellion is better than no rebellion at all.. I will wear a mask only if I have no choice (hospitals and such often seem to require them or they won't let you further).

It's sad how this mask hysteria keeps growing.. I rather die from a virus/pandemic/bullet than live in a world where I have to wear something so suffocating.

I have noticed so far it has been 'we recommend', but soon it will be 'we require', it's just a matter of time.

I remember a time when you COULDN'T wear masks that much, due to your face needing to be recognizable in public (of course 'certain cultures' interfered with this sound logic), so it's kind of ridiculous that now the wind is blowing from 100% opposite direction, where suddenly it doesn't matter - the only thing matters is that you OBEY.

Anyone thinking it's really about the virus/pandemic/whatever, and not about control, will be in for a rude awakening, sooner or later.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join