It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Vegans, vegans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Their name is most intriguing. Does their name imply that they avoid all products connected to animal byproducts, like these vegans?

It's probably just stupid semantics and clashing naming schemes. It is a funny thought, though.

Now I wonder, are any of the alien species vegans, or even vegetarians? Do any of them have significant portions of their populations that are vegetarians?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not from what I heard. Though it is the same sort of logic people use when they claim certain things about the Egyptian origin of Christianity, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The people that avoid animal products are 'vee gans'

The aliens from Vega (vay gah) are Vay gans. Different pronunciation, infact, they're completely different words.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
For your information, yes, vegans are the ones who reject any animal product as food. But here you seem to be confusing it with vegetarianism... which is a more liberal and ambiguous practice, which can involve consuming some animal products, such as eggs, butter, and even seafood (exluding milk itself, which is despised by most vegetarians). I have some vegetarian friends -and I even consider myself as being almost vegetarian, only eating meat when it really comes to it- and most of them actually don't eat meat out of health and dietary reasons rather than moral convictions (such as vegans do), as beef, chicken and pork that are produced in the North American cattle industry is very unhealthy. But given that fish and seafood is a lot healthier than cattle, many vegetarians will go for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Echtelion I don't think that was the point of this thread...they were, for some odd reason, equating Vegans with the planetary system

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Echtelion I don't think that was the point of this thread...they were, for some odd reason, equating Vegans with the planetary system

I'm a vegetarian myself. I understand very well the differences between vegetarians and vegans. I started this thread mostly because I was bored and wanted to see what others would think upon the issue.

I'm sure someone has thought that PETA was started by aliens.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
I started this thread mostly because I was bored and wanted to see what others would think upon the issue.

I'm sure someone has thought that PETA was started by aliens.

I've never heard that PETA was started by aliens.....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Actually, aliens were started by Peta. And vegans traveled to Vega and founded a colony on it, right on the star. Thats why they don't need to eat meat, because they're powered by nuclear fusion. And thats why its called Vega.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Actually, aliens were started by Peta. And vegans traveled to Vega and founded a colony on it, right on the star. Thats why they don't need to eat meat, because they're powered by nuclear fusion. And thats why its called Vega.

Please stop Nygdan. Vegans from earth, so not really "vegans" but Vega has Vegans that are Vegans because ........

I KNEW IT. I KNEW PETA WAS EVIL.

Many vegetarians believe that eating seafood is ok. To me thats still a form of meat. I'm not a vegetarian, who knows maybe some day. Its a noble way to live. But I know for a fact I cant ever be a Vegan. Cuz you know, I'm from earth and all. And I love CHEESE!!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh... did'nt noticed it was in the "Aliens & UFOs" section.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What if Veganism is the act of eating vegans on another planet? *shudders*

new topics

top topics

join