It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market Insanity - All Time Highs! WTF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To their dismay, China-owned Democrats were not able to rip or slash the U.S. economic balloon. America and Americans are smarter and more resilient than they gave us credit for.

Instead, They were only able to pull the plug and let 70% of the air escape.

Resilient Americans are pumping the economy back up, while fighting (mostly) Democrat government officials and 90% of the U.S. Mainstream Media, who keep trying to deflate it again.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think the democrats are doing anything helpful, nor do I expect them to... But I think inflation as you describe it is a bad thing, especially at a time like this, and in a manner that's being done.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Whats the current unemployment rate?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Keep your eye on the ball.

Rich coffers are building a buffer and we all "follow the leaders", so when they pull the chain again, guess who's money they are going to grab, and then when the bottom comes into view, they pick it all up again for a bargain.

When have you seen this scenario before?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Shadowstats estimate around thirty per cent.

edit on 30-8-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

30 percent unemployment? Let's cut it in half for arguments sake.

15 percent unemployment in just the US and simultaneously the dow climbs right back up from a rampant drop. Also the fed prints TrillionS and and the s&p reaches all time high.

Totally congruent and legitimate.......

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
looks like wealth has changed hands, by slight of hand.
trickle up economics, was the plan i think.
dump and pump.
edit on 0000008020882America/Chicago30 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Here's the deal folks...

The NASDAQ and the S & P 500 have just hit all time highs, and we've just seen a major re-arranging of the publicly-traded companies that are listed on the DOW Jones Industrial Average (Exxon, Pfizer, Raytheon removed... and Honeywell, Amgen, Salesforce added). Back in 2011, Exxon was the biggest company in the world. Back in July however, Apple's stock gained more market cap. in ONE DAY than Exxon's entire net worth.

Furthermore, Apple's market cap. back in September, 2019 surpassed $1 Trillion... today, Apple's market cap. is over $2 trillion (doubling its market capitalization in less than a year).

Don't remind me.

I liquidated a ton of stocks when COVID first hit as there were so many unknowns. And unknowns tend to bite you in the ass when it comes to the markets.

My lady, on the other hand has a sizeable portfolio in her 401K.

That thing has taken off like a rocket in the past few months.

I'm torn between advising her to let it ride or advising her to take some money off the table and put it in T-Bills or some other conservative fund. The funds she's currently invested in are primarily aggressive growth funds from Fidelity. Her plan obviously also has far more conservative funds available to her too.

She can also liquidate a portion, withdraw it, and then open her own Roth IRA. And as long as she opens the Roth within 90 days, there won't be any tax consequences. The problem with that option is that she'll want me to tell her where to put the money. If it then goes south, so does my sex life.

I'll also probably have to hire a food tester, just in case. 😨

Decisions, decisions.

Any advice?

edit on 8/30/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter
buy low, sell high

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I wouldn't do tbills. If you're worried about the economy, the implied inflation negates or shadows any gains from that play. Honestly they're like junk bonds right now.

If you're looking for low risk plays I don't think that's it. I can't tell you what would be good considering we're in a really odd situation in the market.... But tbills don't look good if you're skeptical of the economy.

That being said, I'm not a professional and would do your own research before making any financial decision, especially to a retirement fund.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

(Exxon, Pfizer, Raytheon removed... and Honeywell, Amgen, Salesforce added).

You are knowledgable that 'Honeywell' is actually a carry-over Brand Name and that the Company Allied Signal is the Entity which Bought-Out the defunct and sloppily run 'Honeywell'

brands seem immortal, eh?

but to address the Thread...

the Fed and the Mega Banks are all buying stocks & bonds of the major businesses on all 3 stock exchanges... to build up their Balance Sheets and to hedge the inflation & devaluation factors of the USD

its a deliberate end-around strategy... much like Allied Signal buying the broken assets/liabilities of Honeywell and then Adopting the Trademark Name Honeywell to boot

the idea is to try & avoid the RESET for another decade -or- generation
edit on th31159879707230172020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Stock Market Insanity - All Time Highs! WTF
lolll
better proof that covid 19 was inplanted you cannot get !
all planned and worked out good for the money

the original plan was:
reducing the world-population .. especially those peopple with underlaying medical complains (high medical costs)
covid 19 was deployed...if it turns out an faillure ...the gov's have an plan B ready
provoking an conflict with russia ore china.. (the sudden civil-unrest in white russia was planned therefor...with the reason
that Mr Putin will never allow the fall of the buffer-zone for the russian border ! )
edit on 30-8-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

the original plan was:
reducing the world-population .. especially those peopple with underlaying medical complains (high medical costs)

then the 'plan' Failed...
the USA & Western economies got severe disruptions, the social paradigms are still in disarray, the fighting-age military is still in tact... but the financial areas of the USA monetary system are utterly stressed and the USD is stressed to become un-relied upon as a store=of-value anymore

it seems the WEF/ IMF/BIS/CDC/ WHO/ western Central Banks are the Beast System that unleashed the PANDEMIC that is a SCAM-demic that is lethal to 99% of 80 yo infected persons with more-than-one other disease factors that lowers their immune systems for a truthful death rate of .42% of the general population-----hardly a pestilence or pandemic killing 10s of millions world-wide

edit on th31159881120030132020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Injecting more fiat into the total supply to prop up a market predicated on that currency, doesn't surprise me this causes stocks to rise. The devaluation of each dollar and inevitable inflation is the real story. The markets are propped up literally by paper.

Buy Gold or Bitcoin, when the dollar falls off the cliff your stocks may very well rise in dollar value, their purchasing power will however be obliterated.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Keep your eye on the ball.

Rich coffers are building a buffer and we all "follow the leaders", so when they pull the chain again, guess who's money they are going to grab, and then when the bottom comes into view, they pick it all up again for a bargain.

When have you seen this scenario before?

It is amazing as you get older you see things repeat!

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
correct it failed ! so soon plan B will be activated

a reply to: St Udio

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

The scariest thing is that their is no conspiricy theory which is propeling the current situation, that their are no Conspiritors. Brcause it is all a reaction to unplanned random events, which with panic thinking are going to make things a lot worse. Mass edicts from government , with a one size fits all mentality, will not realy work.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hooray for Worthless Paper Money !

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dow Jones close today 28430.05 -223.82 its all gambling on rumours.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Dow Jones close today 28430.05 -223.82 its all gambling on rumours.

So, why should today be different?

Seriously.

It always has been the case and always will be the case. It's just the nature of the markets.

And those that don't know that or realize it quickly will be eaten alive in the market. The only they can possibly succeed is through blind luck.

And those that trust in blind luck make up the *vast* majority of the people that buy/sell stock.

The smart players love this and use it to their advantage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join