It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She said Yes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I have known each other for quite a while and she moved in about 2 years ago. I finally popped the question. SHE SAID YES !!

Why this one ? Well...we understand each other. I hate to shop, but she will spend an hour in a store just wandering around looking and never buy anything. I hate that. I go in, get what I came for and Get The Hell Out. So, she doesn't ask me to go shopping, she just asks if I need anything.
I like to cook. I'll spend a whole day cooking and love every minute....but I loathe washing dishes. She likes to do dishes, but doesn't like to cook. I mean she can, but would rather leave it to me.
I'm from Kentucky and have been a Wildcats fan since forever. Up or down, win or lose, I'm a fan. She is from Illinois, was a fan before we even met and goes around in a Wildcats jersey. That's My Girl !
That's just a couple of examples why we just....fit. Know whatta mean ? We haven't set a date yet, but by the end of the year. We [ she ] decided not to have a big wedding, just something small with friends and family, so we can spend the money on doing some reno on the house, maybe take a small trip, actually spend the money on something we really want to do, rather than a one night blowout......but I did get her a friggin huge diamond.
I mean, come on guys, I'm not completely stupid.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Congrats!!!

I wish you both a long and happy life together!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Congrats !! 🙂

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Any tips on how to find the right time?
Already got the ring- already know she'll say yes... just trying to find the right moment.

congrats

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

**CONGRATULATIONS**

But do your wife to be a favour ....... buy her a DISHWASHER.
So she doesn't

spoil her ring with the large diamond.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Congratulations dude!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

**CONGRATULATIONS**

So she doesn't

I'm not even married yet- but this right here.
When I moved and lost my dishwasher, I had to wash my own GD plates.
When I got myself a notwife SHE was washing my plates.

Can you imagine that frustration?

Get two dishwashers- that way your clean dishes can sit in one while you use them up and load them into the other one.
The big diamond was a waste of money- helpful equipment is where its at.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Congratulations David.
We had a small wedding(28 yrs ago)but splurged on the honeymoon. It was PERFECT...for us.

I hope she is your best friend and that your relationship continues to grow stronger(I would marry her faster now)through all the inevitable ups n downs.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Happy to read this! Congratulations and I sincerely hope you have a long, loving and happy marriage!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

awesome news! sounds like you found the key. Not just a lover, but a friend. I wish you many fantastic years. My advice, pick your battles, and adopt the "yes dear" attitude for things that won't be changing.

A wise man once told me, you can be right, or you can be happy. Pick one.

But seriously, well done.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Congratulations, that is very exciting news and thank you for sharing it with us all.

It's nice to share happy occasions.

I wish you many happy years together.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
My girlfriend and I have known each other for quite a while and she moved in about 2 years ago. I finally popped the question. SHE SAID YES !!

Why this one ? Well...we understand each other. I hate to shop, but she will spend an hour in a store just wandering around looking and never buy anything. I hate that. I go in, get what I came for and Get The Hell Out. So, she doesn't ask me to go shopping, she just asks if I need anything.
I like to cook. I'll spend a whole day cooking and love every minute....but I loathe washing dishes. She likes to do dishes, but doesn't like to cook. I mean she can, but would rather leave it to me.
I'm from Kentucky and have been a Wildcats fan since forever. Up or down, win or lose, I'm a fan. She is from Illinois, was a fan before we even met and goes around in a Wildcats jersey. That's My Girl !
That's just a couple of examples why we just....fit. Know whatta mean ? We haven't set a date yet, but by the end of the year. We [ she ] decided not to have a big wedding, just something small with friends and family, so we can spend the money on doing some reno on the house, maybe take a small trip, actually spend the money on something we really want to do, rather than a one night blowout......but I did get her a friggin huge diamond.
I mean, come on guys, I'm not completely stupid.

Congrats, friend! Best

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Congrats!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
So she doesn't

Or buy her a nice crystal ring holder....I have two, one for the bathroom, and one for the kitchen.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Congratulations. Are you sure she has good hearing? Maybe she thought you were asking about going to some fancy restaurant. She must have been drunk when she said yes.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

A very enthusiastic CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like you yin yang each other nicely with your complementary interests.

We [ she ] decided not to have a big wedding, just something small with friends and family

Get back to me on this, lol... after you run into the ol' "if we invite so-and-so, we have to invite so-and-so, which means we can't leave out so-and-so!"

Source: My wedding!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Congratulations to both of you.

My wife and I have been partners in crime for 15 years now.

Help each other grow and you will last a long time.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Congratulations! So happy for you. My hubby and I got married at the county courthouse, very low key and cheap. That was 28 years ago this July. We’re still going strong. Best wishes for you and your future bride.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join