It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree!

Though my own work is quite a bit different than typical "media," I have definitely thought about filming what I do. Its amazing to me that every one of us can do this, and others can get this uniquely modern insight into others lives.

I actually believe a lot of this already exists. Its under immense threat, and censorship of those who disagree with the Narrative grows every day..

But! Its still there. For now. Is the market crying out for that, or is the market is crying out for "proper" access to what is already there?

Just this year, and putting the Technocratic Monolith aside, we have seen amazing work in medical science and science. We have seen the frequently derided "internet experts" show that they might just be one of the largest untapped resources that currently exists (imo). We have seen a lot of people really step up the the plate and interact with others outside the inculcated Narrative; up to and including beneficial real world action. Have to look for it outside of the typical public squares though, in the metaphorical "back-alleys" of the internet. Which is really everything outside of a handful of social media and media corporations lol

The only place this stuff doesnt exist is in the Monolith, neither from the priest class or adherents. That barrier can be pierced though, particularly in ways that offer choice and encourage diversity (the real stuff, not the corporate product).

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thank you!! There are more corporate entities with "soul" than you realize.

I feel blessed to be in the professional position where now I can pick and chose the projects I want to work on.

Netflix though monolithic is not totally profit driven, they care about the world they reach thru technology they give a lot of money to small production companies like mine for worthwhile projects.

Join us...

edit on 29-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

How can you plug a company that exploits underage children?

SMDH

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyonthewall
a reply to: muzzleflash

I have to ask is this by chance or design? Most of us (and rightly so) are so focused on feeding, clothing and keeping a roof over ourselves and our families that we loose sight of what is happening beneath the veil of our daily existence. I will also add that being bombarded with false narratives and outright lies add to the diversion.

"The men were working so hard in the wheat fields that they did not notice the heat."
Cather

For about two decades Ive been working on how to fight all this. Saying "fight" isnt quite accurate, but there ya go.

For things like food, power, and manufacturing we are pretty well covered with modern technology as well as automation packages from people like me (still working on this).

Actual shelter for people is a very tricky conversation. Simply putting a roof over everyones head may not be the best approach as a primary action. Many, many of those who are homeless are there for reasons that make it difficult for them to actually benefit from the responsibility of a home.

Its the "easy" solution, but may not be the best. I think that achieving autonomy in a majority of homes through modern tech will change the shape of the conversation enough, that it makes it difficult to examine here and now.

I will say that using the same platforms for building homes as we do for decentralized manufacturing autonomy is more than possible. It just doesnt solve the core issues.

I believe we have had a long brewing mental health pandemic for years. 2020 is pretty much peak mental illness, normalized and weaponized for ulterior motives.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I believe we have had a long brewing mental health pandemic for years. 2020 is pretty much peak mental illness, normalized and weaponized for ulterior motives.

Care to expound on this. I see it as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's pretty simple, if you don't want to get shot, don't attack anyone.

I know for a lot of your moronic types this is ultra hard to understand especially when you view everyone outside of your group as an actual fascist.

You do you, I'll keep doing me.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Care to expound on this. I see it as well.

We cater to all delusions these days as long as they help a certain ideology.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

How can you plug a company that exploits underage children?

SMDH

Money helps soothe moral conflict.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I disagree with you on netflix, but definitely agree that becoming a corporation isnt some intrinsically "evil" thing.

Im talking more about a (relatively) large group of very, very specific corporations in many fields from entertainment/media to medicine.

Notably, this apparatus also includes institutions and organizations that would not typically be considered corporations, from universities to so-called philanthropic endeavors.

We have a pretty easy way to make a distinction, though it isnt 100% either. If they actively support and promulgate the beliefs of the corporate-political ("woke) cult, they are part of the problem even if unwittingly. If they say all the correct flowery marketing, but just create perpetual funding machines for market domination, they are part of the problem.

This year at least, we can look at any company that supports the black lives matter organization in the same way. There is some obfuscation between the movement and the organization, though that is dropping more and more every day.

Basically.. Whether its left, right, or center.. If they dont cultivate and communicate the tools for individual autonomy, they are part of the problem imo

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Im not sure when it started, but I started to become aware of it about 20 years ago. I was an environmentalist, hardcore nature enthusiast, felt we could solve world hunger, completely reshape "poverty" beneficially, animal welfare advocate, etc.

It should be said that my ideals havent changed one. single. iota.

However, I noticed a concept becoming more pervasive; the only path "forward" on these issues was supporting the correct people/organizations. Once they were in power, then we could start actually working on problems.

I was not a fan of this. Still am not.

So, we began to see that peoples ideals, many altruistic, started to shift from actual results to simply putting specific types of people/groups in power. People/groups that said all the right things, but the so-called solutions were ALL based in dependency, market domination, and setting things up so that they would receive funds to "fight" the very problems they create in perpetuity.

I believe this disconnect is at the core of what followed. It was no longer about anything based in reality, but feelgood marketing. And if you didnt like that, then you must be [insert buzzword here].

All marketing, all of it. Its just the the "product" here is a technocratic global state of dependency, sold under the guise of benevolence and demonizing anyone who disagrees as the enemy.

That sets the context for social media. People who were mentally ill in a variety of ways could now have their voice heard worldwide. The people who would be dismissed as "one of those crazy people online" could, all of a sudden, actually affect change and coalesce into larger social groups.

Running alongside this is the fact that social media was designed to be addictive. Not just habit forming, but literally chemically addictive.

What gets the most shares & engagements? Essentially anything that invokes strong emotions. Due to our psychology though, the negative interactions naturally get more traction, attention, and long-lasting effects.

Over time, this created a situation where, just like any addict, the "high" from sharing wasnt enough. So, things just kept amping up and it was continuously bolstered by the aforementioned feelgood marketing. It slowly morphed into what was perceived as a genuinely righteous battle. Not one that was concerned with anything like actually helping people, but essentially defending corporate identity as if it was one's own heart, mind, and spirit.

What eventually coalesced is that individuals who were most susceptible to manipulation and feeling "wronged," were ready-made consumers of corporate-political identity. From trans issues to racism, its *all* setup to create diehard consumers in perpetuity. The more disconnected from "reality," the more devoted they become to the corporate-political sphere.

During this time, traditional corporate media was dying. Sites like twitter delivered near instant news with nigh omnipresent coverage. The most extreme emotional content began to actually drive the news cycle, instead of the other way around, and corporate media got on board to remain relevant. They became part of the addictive feedback loop of dopamine hits and extreme emotions.

Enter 2020 and The Virus.

A year where fear became defined as virtue. Through constant media exposure and lies, along with the ever-present catalyst of social media and corporate identity masquerading as altruism & justice, anything and anyone that disagreed with fear as virtue was identified as "the enemy."

Good news became right wing, regardless of veracity. The tolerance of the addictive chemicals ramped up more than ever, embedding the behavior even further. The more arbitrary, the better, as people will follow the addiction before anything else.

This process led to substantial confusion, anger, and levels of cognitive dissonance only seen in random one-off folie a plusieurs in history.

When Floyd happened, it gave an outlet for all of these emotions in people that thrive on the most extreme emotions possible, in a year where fear became virtue. At a certain point, technological interaction isnt providing enough of a "high," and it starts spilling over into "real life." And now, there is an excuse to do so under the same premises as always.

In other words, corporate identity now could be manipulated into real life action. No actual solutions or hard questions or anything, just behavior that is perceived as right and just.. that actually only serves the corporate-political SOP of creating perpetual funding & control by creating the problems "everyone" believes they will solve.

The coverage, news, and internet censorship became more and more arbitrary, divergent from reality, and serving the corporate-political identity.

I cant say much about the traditional "right," other than they have pretty much been relegated to being reactionary to this corporate-political identity. Im not sure that the more traditional conservatives know how to address any of this, outside of demanding things go back to normal or eventually violence and open conflict. I believe this is why we have seen such restraint; they know that once that line is truly crossed, there isnt any going back. I believe that keeping the discussion framed as either "normal now!" or open conflict is absolutely intentional, as they will both be ineffective courses of action.

TL
R; Folks with traditonal mental illness make the most loyal customers, if they can be convinced that the corporate-political apparatus is the only one on their side and that anyone who questions that corporate identity is "evil." There is no motivation to actually help them, and every incentive to make them worse. Less traditional mental illness (i.e. this novel addiction that has emerged) serves the same purpose and is handled in the same way.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
According to you, it looks like we're SOL. How do you proposed to combat the capitalist corporate oligarchy, media control entities?

Are you one of the proud boiz and ready to boogaloo with the eventual violence and open conflict like you mentioned. Sounds like it!! In fact revolution...

You do realize that violence is a another type of addiction...and like you said, "no turning back" careful what you wish for!

edit on 30-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
According to you, it looks like we're SOL. How do you proposed to combat the capitalist corporate oligarchy, media control entities?

Same way Ive been talking about, and working on, for nearly two decades
We are only SOL if we continue to adhere to the inculcated Narrative.

2020/2021 was always going to be an absolutely pivotal period.

Are you one of the proud boiz and ready to boogaloo with the eventual violence and open conflict like you mentioned. Sounds like it!!

Nope, "in fact," I have repeatedly and consistently stated that violence or any conflict of this type will have the same end result.

Any backlash from "the right" can be just as easily propagandized as actions from "the left" to manipulate general public support or rejection. This all hinges on the media, big tech, and politicians.

But, when people believe there are no other options (even if there are), this is what will happen. As Ive said, "the right" has been relegated to a reactionary position that, more often than not, is predicated on obsolete notions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join