It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I won't vote for someone who...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: slatesteam

It would not be fun if there were a button "None of the above" to press for voting.

Sure, at first it sounds good to "tell them how you feel about them!", but in the end it would result in a fiasco.

So , showing the lack of knowledge in US voting...
One can always perform a write in vote.
I did
One time.
For the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck ticket.
Soetoro / Romney.
Both were the pits.

edit on 8/27/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Trueman

Bold assumption there eh? Maybe they both suck, no?

Last I checked deciding and acknowledging this, incorporating rational thought complete with critical thinking and assessing and accounting for future variables and probabilities, isn’t it still one’s right NOT TO VOTE for either of these POS?

Or did I miss where the part where they said they are “waiting for the perfect candidate”......

So vote third party. If you're that disgusted with the two parties, find another candidate but VOTE!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Last I checked deciding and acknowledging this, incorporating rational thought complete with critical thinking and assessing and accounting for future variables and probabilities, isn’t it still one’s right NOT TO VOTE for either of these POS?

Or did I miss where the part where they said they are “waiting for the perfect candidate”......

So vote third party. If you're that disgusted with the two parties, find another candidate but VOTE!!!

Why???

I dont get it, if there is NO CANDIDATE you can get behind, why should you vote then?

Please explain why that is so importen?
Isnt it stupid to give power to something you dont believe in, or to give power to something random, just for the sake of giving power away???

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Why???

I dont get it, if there is NO CANDIDATE you can get behind, why should you vote then?

Isnt it stupid to give power to something you dont believe in, or to give power to something random, just for the sake of giving power away???

You are giving away your voice if you don't vote. The election isn't just for the President & VP, it's also for many, many other candidates. Not everyone in politics is a crook and they do affect your state/county/local happenings.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's a "random" vote, not a discontent vote.

BTW: What happens with writing errors, like "Drump" - will that be counted as "Trump" or as "Vote for Mr. Drump, unknown party, unknown location"?

Wouldn't that be discrimination of dyslexic people? As long as they didn't vote for a person on the list but tried their own spelling?

The voting system in the USofA is more and more like a riddle to me..

- Electoral college!
- voting machines without a paper trail!
- you can write whatever name you want on the ballot papers?
- voting rules implemented by over 10,000 more or less independent legal entities...
- you can vote per mail and get the papers automatically (Utah). You can only vote per mail if you really really need to and have proof of that (New York). You have to make a notion for it (Illinois)...
- Gerrymandering leading to absurd layouts of counties. Baton Rouge?!

Not a complete list.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Ditto

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Don't vote and someone else will be voting for you, several times!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Let me play a what if scenario, What if Joe Biden came forward today and condemned the violence and asked for it to stop. In response BLM and Antifa leaders pull the “protests” back. Would you support Joe then? Or would you wonder just how much control he has over all of this?

I’m asking because a thought in the back of my mind is wondering if that’s what will happen. Make people think that we should vote Joe because he can control the mob and they listen to him.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That would just prove that the puppeteers making Biden dance are the same ones funding and coordinating the antifa/blm/marxists.

No one is going to buy Joe controlling anything.
edit on 27-8-2020 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Why???

You are giving away your voice if you don't vote. The election isn't just for the President & VP, it's also for many, many other candidates. Not everyone in politics is a crook and they do affect your state/county/local happenings.

I´ll try again, maybe try reading it real slow this time

What if i dont agree? I think they are ALL crooks, I think NONE of them are listening to me.
I feel like they are taking AWAY my voice, every single time i vote for them.

You are saying, just because i cant find anyone who would seem to work for me (the people) i should vote for some random dude/dudes anyway, that is how my voice get heard???

You think i will find the one guy who seems to care for my voice, by just voting blind??? What if i accidently vote for Hitler instead???

Have you given this any thought at all???

Why should i vote for something i DONT agree with? Vote for people who DOESNT have my interest in heart, why???

If your answer is once again "because of faith" i could might as well go to church, couldnt I???

(post by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You or I wouldn’t fall for it but the ignorant masses might, especially after the media pushes the narrative.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So.. Question time:

what is my "SN"?

what happens if you misspell a name on the ballot?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: slatesteam

It would not be fun if there were a button "None of the above" to press for voting.

Sure, at first it sounds good to "tell them how you feel about them!", but in the end it would result in a fiasco.

A "None of the above" option is exactly what we need.

If "None of the above" gets more votes than any of the candidates, we get new candidates.

Because a vote for the lesser of 2 (or 3, or 4..) evils.. is still a vote for evil.

Go ahead, call me un-American, but I refuse to vote for evil.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Why???

What if i dont agree? I think they are ALL crooks, I think NONE of them are listening to me.

You are saying, just because i cant find anyone who would seem to work for me (the people) i should vote for some random dude/dudes anyway, that is how my voice get heard???

You think i will find the one guy who seems to care for my voice, by just voting blind??? What if i accidently vote for Hitler instead???

Why should i vote for something i DONT agree with? Vote for people who DOESNT have my interest in heart, why???

If your answer is once again "because of faith" i could might as well go to church, couldnt I???

Your condescending attitude invalidates your argument.

If you can't take the time to investigate the candidates and make an informed decision, you're part of the problem. You seem to be forgetting that you don't have to vote for any candidate that you don't want to, you can skip them. If the only person you want to cast a vote for is the dog catcher, that's fine. But if you don't participate, you have absolutely no right to complain about anyone in office.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why???

My theory is that if enough people get fed up with the lack of quality candidates and refuse to cast a vote for evil, the voter turnout would begin to drop.

So much attention is given to the numbers, that a continuous dramatic decline in voter turnout would undoubtedly send a message.

But, would that message be heard and subsequent changes made? Now that I don't know.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I won't vote for anyone who doesn't condemn the Looting and Arson that's going on in this country.

If the Candidates don't say anything, they are condoning it.

I have a good friend who's very intelligent but seems to have been born with an extra sarcasm gene.

In any event - he started vote for whomever was 3rd on the ballot every year regardless. His reasoning is that it's all just a show anyway. I believed him until...

Trump 2016.

It was supposed to be Hillary's turn, remember?

I guess a lot of Americans either never got the memo, or burned it in effigy at the voting booth.

Either way, that lying Americans-in-Benghazi-murdering witch wasn't able to bring it home!

And it was on that day that I realized there may actually be some hope for my beloved country after all.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why???

But if you don't participate, you have absolutely no right to complain about anyone in office.

So, if I don't like any of the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them, I can no longer express my disdain once the winner takes office?

So, if I want to continue having a dialogue regarding my anger at not having a competent nominee who is qualified enough to run our country, I must vote for one of these said incompetent unqualified nominees??

Is that what your'e saying?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

Last I checked deciding and acknowledging this, incorporating rational thought complete with critical thinking and

assessing and accounting for future variables and probabilities, isn’t it still one’s right NOT TO VOTE for either of these POS?

Why???

But if you don't participate, you have absolutely no right to complain about anyone in office.

So, if I don't like any of the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them, I can no longer express my disdain once the winner takes office?

So, if I want to continue having a dialogue regarding my anger at not having a competent nominee who is qualified enough to run our country, I must vote for one of these said incompetent unqualified nominees??

Is that what your'e saying?

And would it not seem weird potentially complaining about a candidate that I voted for??
edit on 8/27/2020 by Firewater because:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Why???

The way I see it, I am the only one who CAN complain. I could shout "I told you so" at the top of my lungs, if I so chose.

It's all those who voted one of these losers into office who really can't say a thing.
edit on 8/27/2020 by Firewater because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join