It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It should be

No play, no pay.
edit on 8/26/2020 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: shooterbrody

I suppose the NBA could relocate to China. They have sla ... training camps ready to go.

True
They have demonstrated respect for the chinese government.
Who knew?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I suppose the NBA could relocate to China. They have sla ... training camps ready to go.

True
Who knew?

And their money. Mostly, their money.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Gothmog

And.....
I don't get it.
Where is the punch line ?

"And" you thought taking a knee was too strong of a protest for an athlete.

Now, whole teams, with the NBA's blessing, apparently, are striking, refusing to even be there and play. All because of another police shooting.

2020 is truly a year of hyperbolic reaction!

Ummmmm.....ok............buh bye?

Maybe those oppressed millionaires can get a gig being a rapper or ummm maybe I don't know....a real job? Like where you go to work and do your job and STFU about politics and religion or your ass is gone?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The nba sounds really butthurt don’t they?😂😂

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

“We can’t do anything [from Orlando],” Hill said Monday. “First of all, we shouldn’t have even came to this damn place, to be honest. I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

Every player there is there because they want their millions of dollars. Simple as that... All the rest of this is virtue signaling BS.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

True
Who knew?

And their money. Mostly, their money.

True
It is after all, all about the money.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

And.....
I don't get it.

Now, whole teams, with the NBA's blessing, apparently, are striking, refusing to even be there and play. All because of another police shooting.

I still don't get it.
I stopped caring about the NBA in the 80s.
After that , it was too full of tomfoolery and chicanery to even matter.
Larry Byrd and "Wilt the Stilt" will live forever...
edit on 8/26/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I still don't get it.

Whelp. This isn't the "Jokes and Puns" Forum.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Maybe those oppressed millionaires can get a gig being a rapper or ummm maybe I don't know....a real job? Like where you go to work and do your job and STFU about politics and religion or your ass is gone?

I thought that's why we are boycotting Goodyear.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

And.....
I don't get it.

This impacts most of us who disagreed with the kneeling how? In case you've not noticed, the NBA has changed over the past 2 decades, considerably... their fan base is largely comprised of those out there protesting, rioting, trying to burn LEOs while they are barricaded in courthouses and precinct buildings. The only real difference between this and what we've seen in the past is that the moderate fans and the remaining right leaning fans will likely see the actions and words of 2020 as their last straw where the NBA is concerned... and make no mistake, the NFL and MLB are standing on a precipice of seeing the same mass exodus of fans... fans who won't come back.

Sometime in the next decade, American professional sports will likely contract significantly. The NBA is in serious trouble financially right now. If COVID hits 2021 as badly as it has 2020 (let alone worse than 2020 as most prior influenza pandemics routinely have in their 2nd year of pandemic), the NBA will likely fold. MLB was in a stronger position than the NBA was when this started, but they are hemorrhaging money, losing $650,000 per home game without fans in the stadiums. The NFL can salvage itself, but their viewership numbers have been struggling before COVID... if they open the season as an exercise in virtue signaling like the NBA has done, forget it.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I thought that's why we are boycotting Goodyear.

No, Goodyear is being boycotted because they picked and chose what politics and religion could be supported by their employees... they allowed BLM crap and minority themed propaganda while barring anything those malcontents have been bitching and whining about.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This impacts most of us who disagreed with the kneeling how?

It's not about how kneeling pro athletes impacts you, it's more about how the Trump Administration made such a big deal out of it. Mike Pence, according to media teasers, was supposed to speak on the topic tonight, during his acceptance speech.

But Pence got one upped on that, as the whole effing NBA is symbolically kneeling on this day by endorsing NBA players right to protest police violence.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Social issues are not the same a politics, according to Goodyear.
Cancel culture "is what it is".

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

This impacts most of us who disagreed with the kneeling how?

It's not about how kneeling pro athletes impacts you, it's more about how the Trump Administration made such a big deal out of it. Mike Pence, according to media teasers, was supposed to speak on the topic tonight, during his acceptance speech.

But Pence got one upped on that, as the whole effing NBA is symbolically kneeling on this day by endorsing NBA players right to protest police violence.

Unless they replace the game with the National Anthem played on loop for 3 hours overlaid with images or the names/numbers of boycotting players, then this doesn't even remotely one up anything. The whole issue with players kneeling during this country's national anthem was one of respect. All the players boycotting are doing is pissing down the necks of their fans that wished to see a basketball game... it doesn't impact the country, the flag, honor of those who have actually died defending that flag, etc.

The NBA is cutting off their own noses to spite their faces. Personally? I love it! It makes me laugh and the fallout from it will make me laugh even more. If I were Trump or Pence, I'd say nothing whatsoever about it. Let the boycotts linger in the air like a stale fart in another person's home.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Social issues are not the same a politics, according to Goodyear.
Cancel culture "is what it is".

If BlackLivesMatter is a social issue, then AllLivesMatter is one, too. It is what it is, ya?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Unless they replace the game with the National Anthem played on loop for 3 hours overlaid with images or the names/numbers of boycotting players, then this doesn't even remotely one up anything.

We'll see. I'm willing to bet all my stars on the speculation that Pence won't talk about kneeling pro athletes tonight, as was previously announced.

If BlackLivesMatter is a social issue, then AllLivesMatter is one, too. It is what it is, ya?

Did Goodyear ban "All Lives Matter" gear, but not Black Lives Matter gear? Source please?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't think you understand, leftist like to worship celebrities, however, the rest of us?

SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE.

Sports is recreation, we LEAVE society and let go when we play sports. Why would I want politics and drama with what I enjoy?

No sweetheart, Mike Pence didn't get "One Upped", lol, how going broke an crying is "One Upping" Mike Pence is laughable, I suspect you're trying to be edgy but brought the cringe, nice job.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The only people saying "Black Lives Matter" are those ignorant of who and where that slogan originated, or those that know but are complicit in their demands and philosophy.

Every decent person believes that black lives are important and that they should matter to us all, as every life should, including the emerging life in the womb. But, you will never hear me utter the slogan, "Black Lives Matter". They are a marxist militant un-American bunch and if you don't know that, you are ignorant or complicit.

edit on 26-8-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Did Goodyear ban "All Lives Matter" gear, but not Black Lives Matter gear? Source please?

www.wibw.com...

A photo seen circulating on social media shows a slide that was presented during a diversity training showing what’s acceptable and what isn’t acceptable as part of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company’s zero-tolerance policy.

Under acceptable: Black Lives Matter (BLM), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride.
Listed as unacceptable: Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, MAGA Attire, Political Affiliated Slogans or Material.

Per an updated policy from the CEO www.wibw.com... Goodyear has revised the policy in regards to approving support for Law Enforcement... but nothing has been said indicating "All Lives Matter" gear is now acceptable (or that BLM gear is now unacceptable).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join