It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It all comes back to this not being about "fixing" anything but about revolution and tearing down and destroying.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Couch that disgusting viewpoint in whatever swastika emblazoned fabrics you choose. Its eugenics.

Maybe Black women are having less kids because they're tired of losing them to racial violence and wars.

Did you hear that from your community college liberal arts ‘professor’?
That is the single most ignorant ,self-righteous statement I’ve seen on the internet in a looooooong time. You poor victim.
I bet you like the smell of your own farts.....

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Gladiator Games coming to a Democratically Run City near you.a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

That is the single most ignorant ,self-righteous statement I’ve seen on the internet in a looooooong time.

The truly ignorant people in this thread are the ones trying to blame "Black Genocide" on Black women who choose to use the birth control and abortion services of Planned Parenthood.

I bet you like the smell of your own farts.....

He who smelt it dealt it!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

To offer abortion instead of creating economic stability is the problem.

You seem to think that abortion is a solution. Its not. Its a shortcut when a solution isn't really what is wanted. if we were looking for solutions, we would create a society of people who didn't behave in ways that resulted in abortions. Don't pretend like affluent people frequent the service.

And lets be honest: even if none of it is on purpose, it doesn't make it ok. Racism can be hidden in the adverse impacts of policies that had good intentions. I would say the dwindling by half of a population because of abortion impact represents an adverse impact of the policies used, which have led to abortion being a racist policy. To argue against this is to argue against adverse impact being used as a measurement of discrimination. Which would allow folks to ignore large swaths of ADA and Civil Rights acts.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No, the truly ignorant ones are the ones that believe in black genocide.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

To offer abortion instead of creating economic stability is the problem.

Not Planned Parenthood's, or any gynecologists' job.

You seem to think that abortion is a solution.

Abortion is not a realistic deflection for why sports teams are protesting police violence in the Black community.
Try to stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

No, the truly ignorant ones are the ones that believe in black genocide.

Take it up with these posters:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Genocide. The term genocide refers to the attempt to wipe out an entire people group - often a race, religion, or nationality - by killing them.

yourdictionary

The Haiti Massacre. In an attempt to rid Haiti of its white population, Jean-Jacques Dessalines led a massacre between February and April of 1804, resulting in the deaths of up to 5,000 French Creoles of all ages and genders. According to Dessalines, the massacre was an attempt to preserve the nation. By 1805, only non-whites were legally allowed to own land or be considered citizens of Haiti.

The Dzungar Massacre. The Dzungar were a nomadic empire that was at war with the Qing Dynasty in China in the 17th and 18th centuries. A campaign from the Qing government was aimed at the complete destruction of the people group, with 40% being killed by smallpox, 30% by massacre, and many of the remaining people fleeing the country to escape death. The result of the campaign was the collapse of the Dzungar state and the near-eradication of its people.

Ethnic Cleansing of Circassia. Circassia, an area along coast of the Black Sea in Russia, was seen by the Tsarist Empire as a strategic necessity. For a century, Russia waged war against the Circassians, with more than 90% of the nation being annihilated or deported. According to some historians, this was the largest genocide of the 19th century, with up to 1.5 million Circassians being killed and the rest deported.

The Holodomor. The Soviet Union was responsible for campaigns against many people groups during its existence. The Holodomor was an intentional famine caused by the Soviet government confiscating the whole harvest of 1933 in the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and elsewhere, leaving the peasantry with no food to feed themselves. As many as ten million people starved to death across the Soviet Union as a result, the majority of them in Ukraine.

Native Americans in North America. From the time that Christopher Columbus first reached what would become the Americas, attempts were made at wiping out the indigenous people (often known as Native Americans, American Indians, or Amerindians). The vast majority of these were killed as a result of the diseases that Europeans brought. Although the Europeans were immune to these diseases, the Native Americans were not, causing as many as 100 million of them to die from sickness. Disease was used as a biological weapon against them, and throughout the 1700s and 1800s, the United States continued warring with the remaining natives.

All examples of genocide, so can someone explain to me how black people in the US are experiencing genocide?

If you want to say they are being harrased more by the cops, i would agree, murdered daily by cops your nuts, the numbers do not support it even if you look at the justified shootings as well as those not justified. Millions of police interactions if genocide was being practiced should result in tens of thousands dead...

statista.com

In 2019, 259 Black people were killed by police in the United States. This compares to 182 Hispanics, 13 Native Americans, and 406 White people. The rate of police shootings of Black Americans is much higher than any other ethnicity, at 30 per million people. This rate stands at 23 per million for Hispanics and 12 per million for Whites.

I am not asking for an emotional argument I am asking for facts you cannot argue against, cause as far as I can see the math does not support the narrative for genocide.
edit on 29-8-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't think very many people legitimately participating in the Black Lives Matter movement really believe that there is, or has been, a "Black genocide" in the USA. I think that they're concerned that there is a culture that rose from systematic racism that projects that Black lives matter less than white lives, in general. Not that that same culture doesn't support killing people they deem to be white trash scum bags on the same level as they support the killing of incontrollable uppity Black people.

For example, a sheriff recently resigned after being caught on tape lambasting a white worker for talking to a Black man in his presence. This sheriff not only didn't think the Black man was equal to him, he was insulted to even be associated to him through a clerk's professional exchange with the man in his presence! www.nationofchange.org...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Regular people of course not they see whats going on, but the press, athletes, actors, and actresses are and they get the platform to try and dictate the direction of things.

I have a good friend at work he is a big time BLM supporter and we have gone round and round about some of the things they say and at the end of the day we are still friends because we listen and then present our arguments.

When someone claims genocide and the math doesnt support it you are destroying any chance of a dialogue, younger folks at my base are afraid to discuss things for fear of being labeled a racist, nazi etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
WWE

I'm not really into dudes running around in sequined underwear but I won't judge you.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sports aren't any fun if you have to sit through a political lecture to get to them.

Watching people flip their s*** is fun. Pretty soon the only approved thing for conservatives to view on TV will be My Pillow commercials.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, its the eugenic foundation of Planned parenthood that have black populations dwindling. Well...part of it anyway.

So according to your logic, Black women are just too stupid to make reproductive decisions

Have you ever seen an episode of Maury Povich?
You are......NOT the father!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What the sports teams are doing comes from the same issue.

They aren't working to create people who can become economically stable. They're making meaningless gestures and mouth noises.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sports aren't any fun if you have to sit through a political lecture to get to them.

Watching people flip their s*** is fun. Pretty soon the only approved thing for conservatives to view on TV will be My Pillow commercials.

What TV? I barely watch it any more. Like I said, having to wade through the politics to get to anything resembling entertainment isn't any fun. I know where to find politics, and I go there for it. TV used to be for entertainment, occasionally news.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

TV used to be for entertainment, occasionally news.

Now it's used to destroy conservative values, one holiday at a time.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

TV used to be for entertainment, occasionally news.

Now it's used to destroy conservative values, one holiday at a time.

Meh, just nothing good on. I could watch Big Bang Theory, except it's a show that tries to tell geeks and nerds what geeks and nerds are and then promotes that nonsense to the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Meh, just nothing good on.

There's tons of good stuff on. Try The Alienist. Or I'll Be Gone in the Dark.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
WWE

I'm not really into dudes running around in sequined underwear but I won't judge you.

Lol
We all know what you stonecutters do in the basement.
You really are into dudes in sequined underwear.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join