It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists, property owners, exchange gunfire in Bedford County

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Gunfire was exchanged between a group of activists and Bedford County residents Monday night, police say, resulting in one activist sustaining non-life-threatening injuries from the shooting.

Source: www.pennlive.com... ign=pennlive_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Not a lot is known about this incident yet but it appears that some folks that were traveling to DC for a protest and stopped long enough to have an exchange of gunfire with some Bedford PA residence. There should be some updates coming in soon.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
To the leftist BLM crowd destroying our cities:

You're only getting away with this because of the good graces and patience of good people who are more than justified in KILLING YOU for your actions. Keep that in mind as you maraud across the cities of this nation.

Your day of reckoning is fast approaching.

It may, in fact, already be upon you if the events of Kenosha are any indication. Now this in Pennsylvania.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There's a reason they haven't tried this crap in certain places, but they're getting stupid bold. They may find themselves in the wrong part of the country soon enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is the 27-minute live stream of the incident.

www.facebook.com... 82xOKdrc_gJ0LSOYnd&hc_ref=ARSeQk6B9hqSLlG-X6qHzTYQqGCDpQA5RKGRalV6YCZvNhOOS1PAuvp5ja_lJzGUbHc

And another done shortly after the first one.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 8/26/2020 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If I had people coming onto my property protesting me, I would be out there with a gun if they looked troublesome. The cops would be called immediately.

I would hope the cops would get there before I had to shoot anybody, but I have shot rabbits and deer, and they were no threat to my family or me.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Bedford County borders Fulton County, where I spent my first 18 years of life.
I have to say that trespassing and refusing to leave, then destroying private property isn't tolerated well in that neck of the woods.
The guy that was shot is on videotape admitting that they did not leave when they were told to leave, and they did fire a weapon at the resident.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oh dear this is really getting tragic.

Look folks if you all gotta act like terminators please try to remember one simple rule that has been a staple of armed conflict -

DO NOT FIRE UNTIL FIRED APON.

Do that and the need for all you wanna be terminators will rapidly deplete.

.............................................................................................................................

(Now let the insults and what ifs begin.)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Wait to be shot before defending my family?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Watched the video and read some comments. There is more to it, as usual. Police were called 15-20 minutes earlier about a group of people out in the middle of nowhere around midnight. Possibly on private property. A few said they should go back to the hotel, they knew what the possible outcome was.

The first shot was a warning. Most took cover in or around the cars. A few 1 especially, the "cino" character refused and just stood there. While this was happening another shot was heard followed by another from the protesters. Sounded like a handgun. Someone even admitted in the video they shot back. Cino keeps standing there and gets grazed in the face/cheek.

My feelings? Good. About #ing time. They provoked this reaction from the local business owner. Why protest in the hills on a dark road with absolutely nothing but private property around midnight? This is just a taste of what will happen when they start wondering into real American towns for no reason. The warning shots will stop. And credit is due, he completely stopped that "peaceful" protest in its tracks.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So, I live in the boonies out side Madison WI......if I saw car-fulls of BLM folks come rolling up in front of my house , I would ask them what's up and then tell them to beat it....if they didn't.....they'd probably get the same reception they got in Bedford, Pa. Remember , living in rural counties, neighbors are scarce and a local Sheriff is 15-20 minutes away. What did these BLM "peaceful protestors" expect .....cookies and milk ??

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Someone even admitted in the video they shot back. Cino keeps standing there and gets grazed in the face/cheek.

PA State Police reported that it was birdshot that the resident fired at the trespasser.
He is lucky he didn't lose his eyes.

ETA:

Why protest in the hills on a dark road with absolutely nothing but private property around midnight?

Because the resident has Trump signs on display. That is what I have been told by locals there.
edit on b000000312020-08-26T09:22:23-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 26 Aug 2020 09:22:23 -0500900000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Oh dear this is really getting tragic.

Look folks if you all gotta act like terminators please try to remember one simple rule that has been a staple of armed conflict -

DO NOT FIRE UNTIL FIRED APON.

Do that and the need for all you wanna be terminators will rapidly deplete.

.............................................................................................................................

(Now let the insults and what ifs begin.)

Come visit me in rural sw Wisconsin and tell me what you'd do if approached like these people in Bedford county Pa.There's nobody within 500 yards or more for me to yell help to !

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is the day they knocked out a guy with a brick or maybe killed him, waiting for update on that, for using fire extinguisher to put out fire they started.

They are entering Red counties now with Sheriffs that tell people they help is miles away and they need to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have to say that trespassing and refusing to leave, then destroying private property isn't tolerated well in that neck of the woods.
The guy that was shot is on videotape admitting that they did not leave when they were told to leave, and they did fire a weapon at the resident.

People have a right to defend their property and a right to self defense.

When police are told to stand down all over the country in Democratic run states and allow "peaceful protestors" who wield guns, shoot at people, burn businesses, loot - one has to expect people to defend themselves.

So far this is happening only in Democratic run states. I expect the person who defended themselves after being shot at will be prosecuted and sent to jail in a Democratic run area because in those states liberals, BLM and ANTIFA can do whatever the heck they want and be supported as peaceful protestors who are innocent and need understanding.

Did they send in an army of social workers instead of the police to investigate? That is what the Democrats say should be the response in a situation like this.

edit on 8/26/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
Getting very concerning isn't it? Me and my brother decided a few months back that we will go NOWHERE without our handguns. Have cwps. It's to the point that I'm worried I'm going to get beat down or killed because I'm white. No other reason need. Just a trophy per say. Not going down like that. Never going to happen. # them, live and let live, once you cross that it's on. I grew up without a father my 9yo won't. Scum of the #ing county. This is why I don't usually get into these threads. Sorry for the rant.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

So far this is happening only in Democratic run states. I expect the person who defended themselves after being shot at will be prosecuted and sent to jail in a Democratic run area because in those states liberals, BLM and ANTIFA can do whatever the heck they want and be supported as peaceful protestors who are innocent and need understanding.

While the Governor is a Dem, the big cities of Philly and Pittsburgh elected him. People outside those areas are generally conservative and don't put up with the #BLM-like stuff. Had things escalated, it wouldn't have been just warning shots with birdshot and there would be a great deal of protestor blood and spare parts laying around

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

While the Governor is a Dem, the big cities of Philly and Pittsburgh elected him. People outside those areas are generally conservative and don't put up with the #BLM-like stuff. Had things escalated, it wouldn't have been just warning shots with birdshot and there would be a great deal of protestor blood and spare parts laying around

Correct.
I know that Fulton County, PA is predominately Democrat, but has voted overwhelmingly for the Republican nominee for POTUS since 1980.
People there wish that Governor Wolf had never been elected and would like to have him removed from office.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I was going to visit Bedford this summer.

Better take my peacemaker for the violent anti-American domestic terrorists.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Correct.
I know that Fulton County, PA is predominately Democrat, but has voted overwhelmingly for the Republican nominee for POTUS since 1980.
People there wish that Governor Wolf had never been elected and would like to have him removed from office.

If all out war occurs, Governor Wolf better have a good hiding spot.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK
Him and his 'Cousin IT' Secretary of Health.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join