It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LUNAOMALIES Anomalies on the Moon tour!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Published on Dec 12, 2018

Using Ver 1.0 of NASA JPL's Moon Tours.....strange surface anomalies...are screen-captured and presented to also include actual Coordinates derived from using Moon Tours software. (Moon Tours is now Moon Trek)

The challenge here is to debunk or confirm the anomaly and coordinates using whatever software at your disposal.

(This presentation is purposely without audio)

Baseline JPL Moon Map

Sample - each location made up of three different levels of zoom with consistent coordinates provided by JPL’s software

edit on 24-8-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

What anomaly are you talking about? A shadow?
Here is a collage of NAC views (taken at different times, obviously). Seems to be a shadow being cast by a ridge to the east into a valley. Judging by the small crater.

Source

Lit from the west:

Source

edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pphhtt.

Such a curmudgeon.

I have an actual video of the source from 10 years ago.

Undisputed Truth

Short video, anomaly at 3:40 timestamp.

ETA... I am currently suffering from ASS (Afternoon Sobriety Syndrome) so my post was an attempt at humor at the 1,753th thread on ATS of this particular moon anomaly. My apologies if it did not come off as intended.
edit on 24-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The challenge here is to debunk or confirm the anomaly and coordinates using whatever software at your disposal.

How did I do?

I can haz cookie now?

edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
aww...the U S Military reported a moving light on the surface of the moon

I dunno, in 1895 or so...a General in the Army or some such.....he had a scope
edit on 24-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No cookie?

I'm going to bed.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

That's a weird crater and a mystery on itself I would think?
But to be honest , I think we have kind of those mountains here too and with the right angle of light it can produce the same anomaly ?

edit on 0b45America/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2020 05:29:45 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2020 05:29:45 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
OMG! In that one pic theres a giant red arrow on the moon!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
OMG! In that one pic theres a giant red arrow on the moon!

You think that's something? Look at the other photo that shows that the moon is a giant eclair.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Come on Phage, that's obviously not a shadow.

It's a photo of a shadow being generated on my screen. So its just pixels of light. Even the shadow is pixels of light.

Oh wait you meant the actual place on the moon not just the photo of it?

Yeah thats definitely a shadow...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looking at the compilation video at the top, and not just the still pics of the conical shadow below that that has garnered all the comments, I'd offer that it's a decent compilation of anomalies.

I was long ago convinced that the reports of anomalies on the Moon and Mars (and a partial cover up- or obfuscation by ignoring and ridicule) was valid, but I'd be interested to hear expert's views on some of the other ones in the presentation. Image stitching, mistaken perception and flaws just don't explain all of them well.
edit on 8/25/2020 by Baddogma because: added words mistake perception

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Your oroblem here is that you're restricting yourself to relatively low resolution sources. You could have answered your question in every single case by looking at higher resolution sources.

As Phage has already pointed out you can see very detailed LRO NAC images under a range of lighting conditions, and you can even generate 3D images to look at. For example the first 'anomaly' is just the end of a long cliff.

target.lroc.asu.edu...

If you'r enot happy with the LRO you can pick from images taken by Apollo, Lunar Orbiter, both of China's lunar probes, JAXA's Kaguya and i fyou're lucky there's Chandrayaan-1 (to be followed in October by Chandrayaan-2) and also the Soviet views taken by their Zond and Luna probes.

Calling something an anomaly means it has to be out of place, unusual, unexplainable. None of the things in your video fall into that category. Some are just perfectly ordinary features made to look odd by graphics errors.
edit on 25/8/2020 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

This tool is really nice.
QuickMap
Everything in one location, including 3D terrain at the drag of a mouse.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

You forgot the best tool, the brain.

PS: I didn't watch the video, as usual, so I cannot comment further.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Basically the same site

There really is a wealth of freely available data on the moon, it puzzles me as to why you would choose poor quality versions. Even a high powered home telescope would have cleared up some of the 'anomalies' in the video.

Asking questions is always good, but the capability of answering them yourself is within anyone's grasp.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Definitely a better tool then what was used for the LUNAOMALIES compilation production... I suspect it was unknown if it was available and obviously not sought out by user food for thought at the time of production.

I have been using it to check the coordinates and what’s depicted. Looks to be quite a few shadows closer in on the location and better resolution. I did note that a few...as your zooming in to what looks good in resolution .... gets replaced by mosaic patch work imagery strips as you get to closer zoomed in. It distorts the location somewhat in shadows/ not shadows, also the patchwork imagery tile borders that sometimes show up diminishes the views somewhat imo. I realize lots of surface maps are stitched together. Those that are stitched joined and processed so you do not notice the lines and are seamless....are the best imo.

Overall it’s a better tool.... Thx!

edit on 31-8-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

very cool. bookmarked.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

QuickMap

Can you view the areas of the moon landings with this?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112

originally posted by: Phage

QuickMap

Can you view the areas of the moon landings with this?

Yes

new topics

top topics

join