It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Moderators of this Board, a Message from my Heart.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: Nickn3

Are you the one who put Obama's picture on the button? I wish they would up date it with Trump;s picture or put a dead president on it like like Washington. Leaving Obama's picture just shows a bias. There's already more than enough bias by the mods.

You think the mods are biased to the left?

LOL.

The mods are biased toward the T&C. Don't break them and there's no problem.

A good number of (not all) only enforce the T&C’s when they don’t agree with the poster. And, how many threads have been made lately where the OP drops a video and doesn’t even give the slightest of summaries? A lot.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

4 Names.

Interesting.

I merry among my Folly.

^_^

Not to be pedantic, but it's only 3 names in that post, but one of them (Obama) was used twice.

OK - so I'm being pedantic.

Get used to it!

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

As long as it is merry pedanticism.

There are four names there.

Oh no! Not again!
It's pedantic exile for me.

Merry Exile.
edit on 24-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Are you the one who put Obama's picture on the button? I wish they would up date it with Trump;s picture or put a dead president on it like like Washington. Leaving Obama's picture just shows a bias. There's already more than enough bias by the mods.

LOL.

A good number of (not all) only enforce the T&C’s when they don’t agree with the poster. And, how many threads have been made lately where the OP drops a video and doesn’t even give the slightest of summaries? A lot.

It's not a decision made by a single mod as far as I've been told. The reported posts show up on the mod forum and they discuss it. I don't know how a few could win the discussion every time.

Do you report the posts you're referencing? I don't. That could be why they don't get the boot.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Play with it as you will, flip it, toss it, turn it, mirror it, SHOUT it, whisper it, do as you Will!

We may not be Tom Bombadil but he's so cool with the Dread One Ring* that we may wish to be coolish at least.

* See The Fellowship of the Ring book 1, ch. 7, "In the House of Tom Bombadil"

The hobbits spend two nights in Tom Bombadil's house. Here it is seen that the One Ring has no power over Bombadil; he can see Frodo when the Ring makes him invisible to others, and can wear it himself with no effect. He even tosses the Ring in the air and makes it disappear, but then produces it from his other hand and returns it to Frodo. The idea of giving him the Ring for safekeeping is rejected in Book Two's second chapter, "The Council of Elrond". Gandalf says, rather, that "the Ring has no power over him..." and believes that Tom would not find the Ring to be very important and so might simply misplace it.
wikipedia

You did not mention Bombadil could fend of the army of Mordor and Sauron himself.
Alone.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

As long as it is merry pedanticism.

Of course!

I've always been a happy idiot!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You did not mention Bombadil could fend of the army of Mordor and Sauron himself.
Alone.

A person could assume that if the army of Mordor and Sauron himself showed up at the edge of Tom's territory, that they would find some reason to go around it.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL.

It's not a decision made by a single mod as far as I've been told. The reported posts show up on the mod forum and they discuss it. I don't know how a few could win the discussion every time.

Do you report the posts you're referencing? I don't. That could be why they don't get the boot.

Yes, I do. You get the “have a cookie” message and they don’t let you report two things in a day.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

LOL.

Furthermore, every single post I’ve had removed and every group of point deductions I’ve had in the last probably 9 months have been from the same mod. Every single one.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're straight up moon bat antifa.

If you were any more far left you'd fall off the west coast of flat earth.

I agree with your statement lets see if they delete this one too. It will be 5 for 5.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

LOL.

Furthermore, every single post I’ve had removed and every group of point deductions I’ve had in the last probably 9 months have been from the same mod. Every single one.

That's been explained before. The mod following through is the one you get the message from, but that isn't indicative of them making a decision on their own to remove a post. It would seem that particular mod is doing more of the active portion of moderation, but we've always been told they are group decisions behind the scenes.

As far as I know the points deduction stuff is just an automatic part of moderating a post and completely meaningless.

Yes, I do. You get the “have a cookie” message and they don’t let you report two things in a day.

Interesting. I don't recall ever not being able to alert. I don't know if I've ever tried twice in a day. I really don't alert for much and my expectations for internet moderation aren't terribly high. I really just avoid what annoys me most of the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

They give out cookies for narc'ing on people? I may start doing it again.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I tried eating those cookies.
No success I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

LOL.

I think there's a time limit. Mamma and Papa ATS won't let you have too many cookies too close together so you don't spoil your appetite.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You know what would make a great thread? I nice escape from the bithcing and moaning?

Alone.

A discussion about this!
edit on 26-8-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join