It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My last 8 months threw hell. Lockdown experience from one persons perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don’t log on very often but I have been on ATS almost daily for the last 12 years and I was saddened by the responses you were getting. I think it is fine and appropriate to reach out to this community in the rant forum about the struggles you have been having. I think it is great that you are 3 days sober!! Yay for you, you’re doing the right thing. I genuinely feel for you as far as your living situation with your mom, that has to be so hard!!! Don’t give up, things will get better. Try to start exercising, that will help you mentally during this stressful time, just a few walks a day to clear your head will make a big difference. I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Things are going to be ok. a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

edit on 24-8-2020 by slaughterhorseangel because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you right now. You are obviously overwhelmed by your life situations.
Take care of yourself as best you can. If your Mom has to leave, wherever she ends up...please visit her. Don't just put her somewhere and forget her. That would be so very sad.

When my Mom was still alive, I did everything I could to help her and when she died, I had no regrets. I still love and miss her terribly.

I wish you the strength and courage to move forward and find your peace. Hugs!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
These kind words have helped a lot the past day, looking forward so far I am going to contact some services to get here help and to get myself some sort of professional help.

I could have mentioned but I read it asked here that my mother is only in her mid 50s so she isn’t elderly by any means yet but with her life choices and lifestyle she truely believes and hard to admit looks like she is maybe 20 years older, on top of that she basically demands to be treated as if she’s in her 80s while living and having the personality of a rebellious teenager. It’s hard to describe in text her personality. Years of Prescribed opiate abuse foR pain that should have been mitigated threw healthy living and excessive has left her well seemingly aged 20 years past her true age and a lifestyle of obsessive addiction to everything she can get obsessive over with what little money she aquires.

Talking here yesterday with you fine people and with some friends and my brother has me feeling far better than before I wrote this yesterday.

As for the alcohol and me surprisingly I have no cravings as of yet, I’ve been avoiding much contact with my usual routine that would have made it easy to just hit the lq, spent a lot of time on my yard yesterday, switched some of my snake tanks over. Started a little journal to write my progress my dad told me that helps, he had a serious coc aine addiction but stopped 15 years ago with na. My mother kept down the drug path but he’s completely different. Good ol golfin fisherman

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
www.quora.com...
What does it mean when I dream about killing someone?
edit on 25-8-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

I could have mentioned but I read it asked here that my mother is only in her mid 50s

That does change things a lot, you are not dealing with an elderly Mom being childish out of age but a chemical addict who is the age of my Children.
Helping is a whole different thing in this case! Contacting someone to help with your own problem may lead to helping with this one also.
I am afraid letting an addict move in regardless of the circumstance seems to not help but actually hold them and the rest of you back from getting better. I have seen it with my brother and he died badly when Family took him in enabling him to continue his path easier.
I also have prayed for you and your Family, your Dad made it! That must give you a direction and hope!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join