It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink coffee stop liver cancer and other things

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: 727Sky

Coffee beans are among the most highly sprayed and chemically treated crops in the world.
I was drinking this teeth staining thing for decades and I'm not coming back. After some time you just need it to keep functioning.
Do you still get something good of it or you drink it to avoid withdrawal headache and adenosine crash into fetal position? 😎
My sleep is better now even tho I keep using green tea. Two bags a day. There was a time I could use tens of grams of both. Jugs of it.
I can imagine growing and drinking myself some organic arabica and drinking it green on special occasions. Green coffee is four times as strong in terms of caffeine and chlorogenic acid on top of that. The companies wont tell you that but heat is destroying the goodies. Green coffee is a speed

As far as liver is concerned, you can get polyphenols from other sources. It's not like you get a cancer without signing up to coffee industry.

The berries are sprayed, the beans are not. There are many fair-trade companies that don't use harsh chemicals and those are the ones I like. For a while I roasted my own, buying green beans from all over the world. I learned quickly what "bright" meant and I don't buy coffee with that profile. During the lockdowns it has been easier to get whole beans at the store, shipping times are just now starting to get semi-reasonable again.

Fortunately I don't have to have coffee to function, I just like it. But not the cheap Maxwell House crap, good quality stuff only please.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

but have you tried a real break? The withdrawal symptoms only start the next day. Maybe you are not a heavy user. My routine was 20 gram cups 3 times a day or more.
Have you tried green coffee? You have to brew it in a vacuum flask for hours like a herb. You can find so many sites telling you it has lower caffeine. BS! Can you believe it? Of course not. Like the heat is not destroying chemicals but making it. A good search of scientific papers will tell you the truth tho. It has much more caffeine. Up to 4 times as much. I could find the source if anyone is interrested and lazy to look for it.
Green coffee is the real deal. It's not so easy for the industry to produce, hide the mold and to preserve it. And they probably want us to drink more and who would buy more if it's so strong?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The scam is hidden in the amount of caffeine in a cup. It's harder to get the caffeine outta green Coffee. It's hard to grind into fine powder. The darker the coffee the weaker it is. Just like Tobacco.
🙂
Btw the chlorogenic acid in the green coffee is found in Sunflower seeds too. You can chemically prove it by mixing it with baking soda. It turns green.
Chlorogenic acid is important and it's destroyed by roasting. A polyphenolic ester. Lowers blood pressure and more. Roasting is BS. That's what I'll leave it with.
edit on 24/8/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I drink 3 or 4 cups of Folgers 100% Columbian in the morning and take a 32oz Thermos to work every day and don't always have time to drink it all.
I drive a truck and the coffee helps me tremendously on the rare occasion that I get deathly sleepy.
Also I drink 2 cups in the evening at dinner or unsweet Lipton Ice Tea instead.

I have ground coffee quite a lot and actually prefer it but the price of whole bean coffee kept going up and up like everything else so my grinder just sits.
It makes no sense that you can't get whole coffee beans unground cheaper than ground.

Well if these cancer statistics about coffee users are true I should be good to go for a while.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

The green stuff is even more expensive. They cant mix it with inferior beans when you can inspect it.
Have you heard about the Patriot Blend - fair trade, organic, harvested by hand, shade-grown coffee?
People say this is actually the best coffee in the world.
The shipping costs to Europe would make it twice as expensive for me but you could try it. I used drive a truck too for a while and nothing beats green tea for me. The only problem was the slow release caffeine making me unable to sleep during the breaks. I see the same problem with the Turbo Force 10 hour energy drink some truckers ride on.
I like a short boost from chewing a hot pepper. Cocoa is smooth. Sugars from juices. No music. Trance. 🙂

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I’m a coffee fiend, iced or hot, I’m drinking it all day long. I try to get in equal amounts of water as well, but am not always successful. Unless, of course, I have ample adrenachrome, then I don’t even need food OR water to survive.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The actual title of the article is : Calculating the reduction in worldwide deaths from liver cancer if the whole world drank more coffee

If these findings are correct I should never ever have to worry about liver cancer as I drink at least 4 cups of coffee a day. I have know people who would not touch coffee.. Some are even still alive !! hahaha

A team of researchers affiliated with multiple institutions across Australia has found that if everyone in the world drank at least two cups of coffee every day, the world would see hundreds of thousands fewer deaths from liver cancer. In their paper published in the journal Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, the group describes calculating their numbers and explains why they believe governments should begin encouraging people to drink more coffee.

Multiple studies over the past several years have shown that drinking coffee can have many health benefits if consumed on a regular basis.

medicalxpress.com...

Yeah, but I think I get kidney stones from drinking coffee.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am a recovering alcoholic - 3 years sober. I can tell you from experience that alcohol actually makes anxiety, mental illness and insomnia worse.

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Get you one of these Aeropress

I used to have the same problem as you until someone told me about one of these critters. ^

For some reason the coffee out of a press is much less harsh on my stomach than a regular drip coffee maker and it honestly makes the best cuppa joe I've ever had. They use sized-cut filters or you can get aftermarket mesh ones; I prefer the paper filters. Just seems like a cleaner cup. YMMV.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Heard about this the other day.. If this is true, at the rate I've drank coffee for the past 20 years, they could dig my body up a century after I die and my liver would still be perfectly healthy.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It doesn't even effect my sleeping anymore,I sleep lots better than when I was drinking alcohol.

Coffee only serves to make me sleepy nowadays.

It does neither to me. I drink it throughout the day and usually end up making a pot at home around 9:00 pm and still go to bed fine after I finish (I only make an 8 cup pot unless I have others at my house who want some).

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah, I didnt like this stage. Adenosine system disrupted, weeks of withdrawal symptoms guaranteed.
You are basically an insect living on a coffee plant, eating coffee, expelling coffee, smelling like coffee.
I've been there. Why would I quit just when I've discovered bulletproof green coffee and a possibility of diy cold-extracted instant coffee?
Yellow teeth maybe? Money?
As long as I can buy two pounds of robusta for a month for $5 USD 🙂? Well...
Black it is, no sugar, because the teeth had enough. The taste is far from delicious, I believe it's pesticides.
Afternoon headache. Is it a tumor or lyme disease? I had no coffee since the morning in the work. I'm tired and stress makes me twice as angry which makes the stealth headache worse. I gotta make myself a cup in the car. 😛... Yep, it's better.

Organic arabica is better but weaker so I drink more at tripple the price... Being jobless for a while taught me that it's a weakness without any benefits anymore.
From the standpoint of prepping and survivalism it sucks even more than smoking. Without tobacco I wanna destroy the planet, which is unfortunate but kinda active. The lack of focus on the other hand... It's a good one too. I tested myself when trying to cut spending and the combination of the two withdrawals were stupid. It can boost depression. Coffee withdrawal knocked me out into bed during the day. It's ok. That's what adenosine is for. Without gradual dosage reduction and replacement with tea I can imagine it could get me outta fight.

I used to be more flexible too. IDK what's the deal. It my be some other underlying condition, depleted vitamins, minerals, omega 3 fat, or aging. It had to go. At least the everyday use.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the cowboys on trail drive drank coffee....I saw it in an old tv show with Rowdy Yates....let's say it

MacDonalds has the best.....

<< 1   >>

join