It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-ago fishing trips. [CT2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Memories of long-ago fishing trips, up to the old camp, with good pals : Yohan Oinysheet and Ewen Oiwy .

Passing long-lazy summer days, drifting, floating lazily across Lake Wanted, having Honest, Intelligent Productive Thinking, Resolving the Issue : God Exists or Not, drinking unreasonable amounts of burpy-juice, wondering why it was always so smokey...

Sometimes Whip Trigen joins us, but he appoints himself 'The Owner of the Lake', so we, of course, throw him into the lake.

Long tales by the campfire .
Strange reflections in the dim, sounds from the surrounding dark...

Don't remember ever actually resolving anything... ?

-The end.

*Yohan Oinysheet = You and I and he she it.
*Ewen Oiwy = You and I we.
*Whip Trigen = Wanted, having Honest, Intelligent Productive Thinking, to Resolve the Issue God Exists or Not

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

This gives me such a sense of deja vu!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

LoL !
Just tweaked it, for the format.

Love the vibe though, of throwing Whip Trigen into the lake : as symbolic of moving-out, and landing here .

Is our referencing good old Whip Trigen : ..."...sounds from the surrounding dark..."... ?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Is our referencing good old Whip Trigen : ..."...sounds from the surrounding dark..."... ?

Part of the tales told by the campfire.

--------------
So there I was wearing my button-fly cut-offs minus all the buttons. It was only about 10:00 AM. Lots of day left before heading home.

I searched about and found a piece of cord like someone would have used for a tent; used it as a makeshift belt.

Now the tee shirt that I had that day was not chosen for it's length, because I usually went shirtless that Summer, and the tee shirt was more of a back pocket accessory. So I traded shirts with someone with an actual long length tee shirt.

So I was all set to stay out until the usual 8:00 PM.

It was a good day.

Here let me put another log on.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Lovely.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Yeah !
Speaking of ill-advised dives : the other fella dove head-first, into the snowbank, egged-on by his big brothers.

Now ?

He don't remember so much.
Just the campfire spot, where his elder siblings, came ... once ...

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A snowbank seems be such that shallow landings would be expected.
My sympathies.

The shallowest of shallow dives was on a trampoline.
I'd only seen in movies what cool moves and acrobatics could be done.
Then I got the wild idea of bouncing on my head.

Don't try that.
Don't even think about doing it.

I could have broken my neck, and almost did.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Dis udder fella loves a band : [www.youtube.com...]Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers[/url].

E come up to da lake, dis udder tyme, wit gud ole Whip Trigen.

Deres yappin, snappin, an jaws a'flappin.

Dey gits da brillyan ideer : ta wrastle in da wader, and git demselves drownded !

Deres Yohan Oinysheet an Ewen Oiwy : whackin em on da ed, an on de arse, wit da paddles !

Den dey comes outsa da wader, an we's all gud ole pals agin !

Whu knuws whut da bloddy ell is appenin nows...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Speakin' of the math.

First quarter in college, signed up for Calculus.
The class was 3 hrs., 1 day per week.

So I didn't have the money for the text book. Missed a couple of classes. Got the book. Went to class. The teacher's at the blackboard writing all kinds of notations I'd never seen before, and saying stuff I'd never heard before.

So I got up, handed him the drop-class slip for his signature. Sold the book.

Took 10 years before I got the chance to take Calculus again.

I never did take Logic. The only logic I know is from Euclidian Geometry from High School.

====================
So I helped Laurie, the girl who sat behind me in class, with her homework at her home. Then Laurie's neighbor Mary asked one day, in front of both of us, "So are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I was waiting for Laurie to say yes, but she didn't. She said "No. He just helps me with my homework."

So Mary grabbed me and said, "Well then I'll just take him if you don't mind."

I don't think it was very logical to go along with that. Mary didn't even care about Geometry.
====================
It turned out okay though, because Laurie had a younger sister.

I was getting on the bus for school and she said, "Sit here." So I did. Then she said, "I'm having trouble with this History homework. Can you help me with these questions?"

edit on 28-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Perhaps we might agree, that Calculus is indeed a terrifying CampyFire tale ?

Almost as skeery as them tales about Crappy-Tire™ oil changes, that end-up costing $800.00 !

Or this other time, when we all didn't go-up to the lake : nothing happened.

But sometimes maybe : we sit around the CampyFire, reminiscing, mememoring, glowing, and mesmerized : staring into the heart of fire...

Who knows : what beauty and awesomeness might emerge ?

top topics

join