It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You make me sad.

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Didn't know where to post this as it makes me more sad than mad.

But what is wrong with you mankind?

Why the always fighting throughout history?

What is wrong with us that we'd do our utmost to protect wild animals from being hunted/shot, to reduce peoples ability to shoot them, while pushing to arm ourselves better to hunt and kill our own kind?
Because that is what the majority of weapons we own are for world wide. To kill other humans. Wether for self-defense or offense.

This is 2020. We have a space station. We have RC toy cars on other planets. We're all connected via computer devices of varying shapes and sizes. We can communicate with the entire world in the blink of an eye.
An age of technological and information wonder like never before in our history.

And yet do we advance the species with it? Nope we make instragrams, and twitters and facebook and googles and forums where we can argue all day long and force our stupidity onto others.

Despite our technological advancements we're still warring, we're still looting, we're still rioting, we're still making new gangs and using force to push our ideologies on everyone else. Despite knowing we're al sharing the planet, we still want to take what we want from others. We'll lie, we'll scam, we'll con, we'll terrorize.

But I'm a good boy. My team is the good one. My glorious supreme leader is a better than you supreme leader. You don't want to live like me?
Then I MUST HATE YOU!!! Because you know walking away and minding my own business would be too hard.
My life won't be complete unless you think, act and live like me.
But oh don't you dare try to do it back. Don't you take away my freedoms and rights...

You give a human a $10000 PC, literally capable of designing a space ship, and they will use it to post a tweet about how much you suck, and go looking for some nasty tabloid level crap to feel better about their own miserable existence instead of using that tech to improve their life.

We turn away from our own sins while we point out others to them. We lie and want to be lied to.
We don't elect the smartest people, we elect the richest old numb nuts or other power hungry fool. We know they're corrupt, we know they lie, we know their job is self serving,. And we pay them to do so. Then complain about it. And then do it again and again in another few years.

It genuinely seem mankind as a whole just loves being miserable. That bad is good. Maybe it's just part of being a living creature. It's in our genes. We cannot help but be self destructive. After all, nearly all life is about eating or being eaten.

We seem to be biologically wired to reject anything different to us on some level, despite all being equal. Maybe it's just a learned thing.
Maybe nature versus nurture.

But you're a good person, you're happy? No you're not. Everybody hates something. Even me.

We all justify the things we do. Plenty of criminals who feel no remorse because they can justify why what they did was right.
We've all got our sins. Just because you've not shown yours to any one doesn't mean it's not there. Plus if you put a spotlight on others short comings it means less likely people are going to pay attention to yours.

That sweet Christian man who served at the soup kitchen and attended church once a week, he was a good man. Until he killed his business partner.

That sweet woman who rescues whales, and is saving the planet? she was a good person, until she murdered her husband, because he caught her having an affair, and well, murder sure is easier than divorce, plus he was probably gonna get the kids...

You were a good person, up until you got swept up in a mob mentality that allowed you to feel justified to riot and loot. I'm owed these Nikes, I'm owed this 55 inch TV. Because reasons.

We're all good boys until we're not. You're a good person, until you get on that website and tell some random person how much you'd like to commit violence against them because they wrote words you didn't like.

Sure we do good things, but we're not good. We have moments of being happy, but never be always happy.

In the right conditions even the 'best' of you would sell your mother for the last Twinkie on earth.
Even the best person has lied, or done wrong to someone else. Lost their cool, punched someone.
Someone got the last pack of toilet paper before you? ooooooo don't you just want to punch them in the face?

Seriously, why are we this way? Why are we so self destructive and vile to each other? 1000's of years and we've barely evolved.
Two 'World Wars' and we'd gladly have a 3rd tomorrow. We learn nothing. We just come up with newer, better and shinier ways to screw each other.

We'll support war when it's our team doing it, and call it a war crime when the other team does it.

We all do crap things, and we all tell ourselves we're right, it's good, because it's in our benefit.

Do you do good because good? Or do you do good because it allows you to post on Facebook and get a huge pat on the back... selfish.

Do you post on ATS because you have something of worth to say, or is it because you just need to say something snarky too get your S&F fix?
But yeah you're a good person...
At least that's how you and the girls of your bookclub will view it when you tell them about it later. Before sh*t talking each other every time one of you leaves the room.

You'll take that scholarship you need because you wouldn't get in on your own merits. Who cares if it denies someone that worked hard to get their. You deserve it clearly, because you were born, oh and something bad once happened to someone else a long time ago.
But of course you're a good person.

Hell you invent a cure for cancer and aids and someone will try to engineer it into a way to give people cancer and aids.

So yes, it makes me sad. Why are humans such pieces of crap in the grand scheme of things? Why is it impossible for us to have peace and get along? Why can't we seem to get along and work together.

Heck we even glorify crime. In film and TV. We turn villains into heroes. We make monsters cool. We think a serial killer wearing someone elses face while they chainsaw down teenage camp counselors. Such fun! LOLZ.

We're ashamed of ourselves. We find ourselves gross. We act like everyone but us poops.

Why can't 'all men' be truly equal? Why do we always gotta have more than the next person?

Are we just all mentally ill? Is being truly intelligent beyond us?

Why do we seem to revel in misery? Are we just stupid?

Yep makes me sad. I see an infinite possibilities for mankind. But I just cannot see us taking any of those paths.

We'd rather kill each other for oil, in the name of some sky fairy and engineer new ways to screw each other than say put that time and effort in becoming immortal....

Maybe we're just stuck with going around in circles and there's nothing we can do about. Life by it's very nature is just suffering.

Because you humans sure make it feel like hell.

Why?

You make me sad.

Come at me, be offended by what I write. Wish me ill for not thinking like you. Give into the dark side. You'll feel much better if you do.
Show your friends, make them hateful and angry too.
Put your blinders on and run wild. Maybe you can get your hate #trending.

Just be sure to selectively misquote and change the context to make it fit you. Show me you're the boss.

After all I'm sure you're a good person. And if you think you're right, well then you must be.
edit on 21-8-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: i vant to drink your blood.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You're pretty spot on in the general sense. Put simply, I think we're too connected. We know too many people without the brain training to handle that large of variables.

People have 100s of Facebook friends. Go back 20-30 years, did you have 100s of people that you knew by name, where they grew up, who they know and what they did last year for their birthday?

Do you talk to them regularly? Not Facebook messenger or phone calls, but face to face, see the range of emotions their face produces as you talk. That helps create empathy towards others, it helps condition your brain. Watching teens twerking does not.

Don't get me started on the blatant overdose of negativity from MSM and etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Good rant, I concur. We humans are a clever bunch of dummies.

I like beer because you can't buy happiness but you can buy beer and beer makes you happy and that's kinda the same thing.

Anyhow I'd like buy you a beer.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Greed and superiority complex's. I worked at a place where I literally just walked into work, said good morning, how are you, etc. to people, did my job, sat on my own for lunch and breaks while reading, worked plenty of OT, said my goodbyes, have nice days, etc.

Only to have rumors spread about me being, lazy, I steal stuff, and I am a rat, the whole works. The only two people who actually spoke to me were the ones who told me about it. Why? I don't know. I literally did nothing but my job, and went home.

I eventually figured out it was four people, the 'buddies' of the supers and bosses, the ones who were loud and obnoxious. They were toxic. Safe to say I didn't stay long, luckily it was only a stepping stone to build some skills. People don't like what they don't understand and love what they are told to hate. Because deep down, that's who they are.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That sure is a well thought-out post thanks for posting it.

:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Your post is absolutely spot on, S&F. I agree with everything you say. What strikes me is the amazing amount of hypocrisy among the human race. People will say/do one thing, and then turn on someone who is basically doing/saying the same thing, like it’s wrong if they do it but not if someone else does it. So confusing. And it seems the more money one has, the more hypocrisy there is. Also the 24/7 news cycle where everything is breaking news, all the time. It literally makes people crazy. I can’t say I’m a good person, because I have doubts about that. I just try my best.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

"You give a human a $10000 PC, literally capable of designing a space ship, and they will use it to post a tweet about how much you suck"

That is gold!

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mankind has some serious daddy issues...don't believe me, look at religion.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Affirmative! Though no, technically, YOU make you sad.

Me and my idiot brethren are superfluous.

But why are people this way?
Demons, of course.

It's demons all the way down.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

But what is wrong with you mankind?

Why the always fighting

Why are humans such pieces of crap Why is it impossible for us to have peace and get along? Why can't we seem to get along and work together.

Why do we seem to revel in misery? Are we just stupid?

If we're such pieces of crap as you label us then you should know the answers to all your hypocritical questions from up there on your highhorse on your ivory tower.

Re read your ACCUSATIONS versus your labelling of mankind then ponder your own thread.

Not even remotely intelligent nor are your simple minded responses of encouragement so far.

Give me a break.

edit on 21-8-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I could answer every question you posed in three sentences. If I did that I would be banned. Think think think, what could I possibly be on about?

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Your answer is found in Philippians 2:1-8.

That's the answer; the only answer that will work.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes and then People will talk about love and kindness they just use the words.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You call that a... rant!!??

This is what a rant is these days!!

Hear ya

edit on 21-8-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes.

We are all responsible, a reflection of our internal state.

Only way out is to kill the animal within.

It's what all the old religions said, before they turned them into sky fairies.

edit on 22-8-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

If we're such pieces of crap as you label us then you should know the answers to all your hypocritical questions from up there on your highhorse on your ivory tower.

Re read your ACCUSATIONS versus your labelling of mankind then ponder your own thread.

Not even remotely intelligent nor are your simple minded responses of encouragement so far.

Give me a break.

From OP.

Everybody hates something. Even me.

But I am on my high horse?

tl;dr. reading is haaaaaaaaaaaard. Now let me cherry pick....

Encouragement? Stop making the world crap. Be happy, be kind to others. I know you can do it.

Stars for everyone!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Have just finished your OP (haven't looked at replies yet).

Bravo.
I hope you got applause for this one.
You nailed it.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Come at me, be offended by what I write. Wish me ill for not thinking like you. Give into the dark side. You'll feel much better if you do.
Show your friends, make them hateful and angry too.
Put your blinders on and run wild. Maybe you can get your hate #trending.

Just be sure to selectively misquote and change the context to make it fit you. Show me you're the boss.

After all I'm sure you're a good person. And if you think you're right, well then you must be.

edit on 21-8-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: i vant to drink your blood.

How strong do you like your blood/alcohol mix?

You sound like you need a good drink!

I know these games get/got a lot of slack but I do love the intros. It's a good question though, we've won, we're the top species on earth. Why are we so damn destructive?

I hope to the great sky fairy that I never have to go through war, I sincerely wish others never have to experience it either.

They say anger is an energy, I guess that goes for all emotions too and I know good and well how emotional humans can be, how effectively we can manifest our will onto the world via these energies... It's a gift and a curse.

I love that song express yourself... I've always took it to heart. It makes me sad that many are expressing themselves in destructive ways, mimicking bad role models... Cursing the world with their ways. Non of them are every listening to others when they express, nah they shoot that # down as bad as I would point blank refuse to partake in a war that is anything but defensive in nature.

Sad isn't it?

But I do listen... Because I'm one of the good guys. Honestly! But in all seriousness I am a piece of crap too, I don't wish it on others though. I try to communicate decency, a better way. But I do also have pet rocks and no kids.

Trying to be responsible ya know? I don't have the best faith in myself and even less in the rest of humanity. I'll stay hopeful though.

I want to keep games like battlefield recreational and if I have to be a jerk to remind people how sick they are then so be it.

We've all got the lurgy at the end of the day, just most of us aren't honest with ourselves.

Excellent post
have a "bloody Mary" on me!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It is so strange to me that some people I had called friends were actually righteous, self-centered pricks that looked down on me, even though I was politely willing to entertain their delusions during conversations. Eventually they reveal what they really think about you and if you loose your cool, you tell them how you really see it and they become your worst enemy.

Examples.

There is the type that believes themselves to be superior due to their intellect based on their own illogical thinking. They jump to conclusions about you and everything else based on faulty logic and then run with it. They tell themselves "I am a superior intellect, therefore you are an idiot and you really don't deserve any respect from me" even while they visit you in your home as a guest. This type will actually demand respect and praise as they demean you for having a point of view that differs form theirs, esp. if your views are more aligned with reality.

Another type will help you in one way or another, seemingly out of the goodness of their heart, but then later make unreasonable demands because you owe them for some favor they offered that you accepted. They will ignore any help or support you gave them over the years in regard to what they have done for you.

Then their are the back stabbers. People who gain your trust to destroy you and make themselves look better. This is seen in politics, work places or in competitions of some kind where there is some promotion or prize as the goal.

In most examples there are emotions at play. Emotions are the vestiges of human instincts that have survival, control and domination as it's main goals. It is best to subdue emotions when making a decision or coming to conclusions. We can't allow emotions to carry so much weight in our lives that it colors our realities and controls our actions.

ETA: Moral relativity is a problem of course. "Good" is beneficial and "Bad" is not from a given perspective. I believe the only good tick is a dead tick. They are vile parasites that spread diseases, their only purpose is to suck your blood and reproduce by the thousands. I hate ticks, they are "bad", they must die! If a tick could think, I doubt that a tick sees things that way or believes I am right.
edit on 23-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

join