It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix police release bodycam video of man who died after being restrained on asphalt in 100-degree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

God I miss Southpark.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

George was a deadman walking. he was gonna die regardless of what they did to him. he would had to have had a entire blood change to not die of fentanyl overdose. It also caused breathing issues while he was still standing up before he was pinned down. Ignoring the forensics because it does not confirm your confirmation bias is wrong. The kneeler should still be in jail,but for manslaughter. the rest didnt do anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

This is the second hot asphalt story I've heard. They also made children under 5 lay face down with their hands behind their backs in Colorado, after they mistook a family in a mini van with Colorado plates for an out of state plated stolen motorcycle.

But hey the kids got an apology and offer of therapy! Smh. There definitely needs to be some better training everywhere and get rid of the problematic cops as it makes all of them look bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
he goes into a shop buys a drink.
he runs. that is a instant death sentence.
he spilt the drink as hes was runing.
not the bottle.
then the cop Slams him in to the ground.
Braking him arm!
one of the caps says.
"I thing you broke his arm"
look at the mans arms! he seems to have bad road rash.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am not sure how what to think about this case. Honestly the cops didn't act as bad as what I have seen before. It is kinda iffy about making a man lay on the road like that.

There are far better examples of where police have crossed the line. Check this video out. Keep in mind while watching it that it is all because he had drank a beer or had a beer.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
One question: is it normal procedure to restrain hands and feet of an arrested person and pick them up the way we see in the video?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I am not sure how what to think about this case. Honestly the cops didn't act as bad as what I have seen before. It is kinda iffy about making a man lay on the road like that.

There is also the possibility that the guy simply chose not to get up. If he won't stand up, what are you supposed to do?

He might also have already been getting sick from whatever ultimately killed him and not able to stand on his own.

But the police aren't just going to stand back a few feet and let you lay there. (Surely many a criminal has tried that "lay down and stay down" trick, and then gotten up and ran off as soon the police stopped restraining him.)

There are far better examples of where police have crossed the line. Check this video out. Keep in mind while watching it that it is all because he had drank a beer or had a beer.

The guy keeps saying "he's trying" to comply. But you can clearly see he is most certainly not trying, and is in fact trying very hard to find a way to get up and run.

Tazing him may have been a bit much, though. Since he doesn't appear to have been looking to actually hurt any of the officers.

Just trying to be slippery and find a way to wriggle free.

I've seen guys like that give the slip to three people trying to restrain them. It's not as hard as you would think.

But the tazer was probably a bit much. Maybe they should wait until he is visibly running away first? (Except then the tazer might miss and he might actually escape.)

If you've never dealt with actual, real criminals before you may not know this: but nearly all criminals are pathological liars. There is literally no filter.

originally posted by: ArMaP
One question: is it normal procedure to restrain hands and feet of an arrested person and pick them up the way we see in the video?

It's really clear, if you watch, that this guy was trying to wriggle free the whole time.

You should never believe what a criminal says. That's just foolish. You should watch what they DO.

They'll say anything. Once you start thieving, even just shop lifting, your sense of preserving trust with people goes downhill real fast.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The video where they tazed the guy that drank a beer is of a nightmare group of police that have been fired but sliped the system to be rehired in other counties. The majority of the force is on the Arizona Brady list. That isn't the only video that shows their excessive force and skirtng the laws. Both of the officers in that video had been fired for DWI and running from the police before.
link page two has more.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
It's really clear, if you watch, that this guy was trying to wriggle free the whole time.

You should never believe what a criminal says. That's just foolish. You should watch what they DO.

They'll say anything. Once you start thieving, even just shop lifting, your sense of preserving trust with people goes downhill real fast.

That's not answer my question.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

That's not answer my question.

I'm just saying: normal proceedure wouldn't apply if the person is trying to escape.

They probably do just cuff you if you don't resist.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Trying to escape is a natural reaction from someone that is being arrested, so it would be part of their procedures, as I don't think any police force forgot about that possibility and doesn't have it on the list of things that can happen during an arrest.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Trying to escape is a natural reaction from someone that is being arrested, so it would be part of their procedures, as I don't think any police force forgot about that possibility and doesn't have it on the list of things that can happen during an arrest.

No it is actually not a "natural reaction".

It's totally illegal to try and escape. It's called "resisting arrest".

Most people go quietly when the police arrive. For a person like that, handcuffs are sufficient.

There are going to be different procedures for people who resist vs. people who don't.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I’ve been arrested four times, I think. Never thought of trying to make things worse.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What I mean by "natural reaction" is that it's something the police doing the arrest must expect, even if most people do not resist arrest we have all seen many situations when people do exactly that.

Being something that the police is expecting to happen they must have a procedure for dealing with those cases, and what I would like to know if the way he was put in the car was the normal procedure for that expected reaction.

Apparently, nobody here knows.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

4 years military police academy, lol. What country. MP school for the Marines was 2 months.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Cops do this kind of # in hot climates all the time

... and they dont understand why we hate them

Don't resist and throw objects at police and you won't get detained, restrained and arrested.
edit on 2-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

God I miss Southpark.

Me too. Can you believe they sat 2020 out? WTF?!? 2020 was made for South Park!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join