It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landing without parachutes - Russian experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ha ha! Finally I understood)))
Thank. my friend)))

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I believe you are correct, to be fair after what the soldiers on all sides saw when they entered the concentration camp's, liberated nations that had been oppressed by the NAZI's etc they had stopped seeing them as human being's to a great degree, the US had no where to put all the Germans that were running to them to surrender knowing that the Russian's were likely to not be as kindly to them so they put them in large open fields and often did not have food for them so a lot of those surrendering Germans died of exposure etc.

A nation built on shared sacrifice and history despite ancient rift's is often all the stronger for it and I believe your nation will have a long future ahead of it though there are many interests outside of Russia that want to see it fail, old animosity's and even racism do factor into those motivations, that said Russia faces many external and some internal dangers that must not be taken lightly by your leadership.

Russia has vast untapped resources and mineral wealth, arable land, oil etc are plentiful, it is one of the few nations in the world with more than enough room to expand and grow into not only the twenty first but perhaps even into the twenty second century however there are other interests in the world that will play dirty to get there hands on those resources.

What I would love to see is closer and more friendly ties between the west and Russia but there are sandwiched between us and among us some interests that do not want that, I believe Russia has to be treat China with care as well since while an amicable relationship there may be possible it may not be possible in the long run since China may have to look elsewhere, north and west for it's own expansion and new resources which of course would put it into future conflict with the Russian federation (So just about everyone wants those assets but they are yours and your children's so you need an affective defence force as well as strong patriotic leadership whom can outthink potential future threats and foster good relations - since that is the best defence good relations but let them know you can defend yourself).

edit on 21-8-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Of course, I am also for peace and cooperation between us. But Russia has to defend itself all the time. Even now, they want in Belarus to make another nation out of Russians and set it against Russia and the Russians with the help of another "color" revolution. This is politics. As in Ukraine, and before that in Poland, Lithuania and other Slavic Orthodox countries.

We see everything and understand everything. Russia alone resists the new world order. It is not the people who are to blame, the world Satanist government is to blame. If Russia wins, all peoples will win, they will live in peace and cooperate. Instead of. to hate each other and fight.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Quite literally:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Rhodesian troops sealous scouts I think jumped from Dakotas into the treetop canopy No chutes

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am sorry but Serbians are not Russians.

a reply to: beyondknowledge

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

If there's one generally accepted rule of warfare, it's that you should never invade Russia during the winter

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Pfft.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. I know of three similar examples among U.S., British and Soviet airmen.

Wikipedia: Nicholas Stephen Alkemade, an English tail gunner in the Royal Air Force during World War II who survived a freefall of 18,000 feet (5,490 m) without a parachute when abandoning his out-of-control, burning Avro Lancaster heavy bomber over Germany.

On the night of 24 March 1944, 21-year-old Alkemade was one of seven crew members in Avro Lancaster B Mk. II, DS664, of No. 115 Squadron RAF.[1] Returning from a 300-bomber-raid on Berlin, east of Schmallenberg, DS664 was attacked by a German Junkers Ju 88 night-fighter—flown by Hauptmann Gerhard Friedrich of Nachtjagdgeschwader 6—and caught fire and began to spiral out of control. Because his parachute had gone up in flames and thus was unserviceable, Alkemade jumped from the aircraft without it, preferring to die by impact rather than burn to death. He fell 18,000 feet (5,500 m) to the ground below.

His fall was broken by pine trees and a soft snow cover on the ground. He was able to move his arms and legs and suffered only a sprained leg. The Lancaster crashed in flames, killing pilot Jack Newman and three other members of the crew. They are buried in the Hanover War Cemetery.

Alkemade was subsequently captured and interviewed by the Gestapo, who were initially suspicious of his claim to have fallen without a parachute until the wreckage of the aircraft was examined. The Germans gave Alkemade a certificate testifying to the fact.[2] He was a celebrated prisoner of war, before being repatriated in May 1945.

Wikipedia:Alan Eugene Magee was an American airman during World War II who survived a 22,000-foot (6,700 m) fall from his damaged B-17 Flying Fortress. He was featured in Smithsonian Magazine as one of the 10 most amazing survival stories of World War II.

On January 3, 1943, his Flying Fortress—B-17F-27-BO, 41-24620, nicknamed "Snap! Crackle! Pop!"[1]—part of the 360th Bomb Squadron, 303rd Bomb Group,[2] was on a daylight bombing run over Saint-Nazaire, France. This was Magee's seventh mission.

Magee left his ball turret when it became inoperative after being damaged by German flak, and discovered his parachute had been torn and rendered useless. Another flak hit then blew off a section of the right wing, causing the aircraft to enter a deadly spin. Magee, in the process of moving from the bomb bay to the radio room, blacked out from lack of oxygen because of the high altitude and was miraculously thrown clear of the aircraft. He fell over four miles before crashing through the glass roof of the St. Nazaire railroad station. The glass roof shattered, mitigating the force of Magee's impact. Rescuers found him on the floor of the station.

Magee was taken as a prisoner of war and given medical treatment by his captors. He had 28 shrapnel wounds in addition to his injuries from the fall: several broken bones, severe damage to his nose and eye, lung and kidney damage, and a nearly severed right arm.

Wikipedia: Ivan Mikhailovich Chisov (Russian: Иван Михайлович Чисов, Ukrainian: Іван Михайлович Чиссов; 1916–1986) was a Soviet Air Force lieutenant who survived a fall of approximately 7,000 meters (23,000 feet). Some references give the spelling of his last name as Chissov (Russian: Чиссов, Ukrainian: Чиссов).

Lieutenant Colonel Chisov was a navigator on a Soviet Air Force Ilyushin Il-4 bomber. In January 1942, Luftwaffe fighters attacked his bomber, forcing him to bail out. Nikolai Zhugan, a crewman on Chisov's flight, later said that Chisov leapt from the plane at an altitude of approximately 7,000 meters (23,000 feet), though other references list Chisov's fall at 6,700 meters (Zhugan himself waited until the plane was at about 5000 meters before also bailing out).

With the air battle still raging around him, Chisov intentionally did not open his parachute, since he feared that he would be an easy target for an angry German pilot while he was dangling from his parachute harness. He planned to drop below the level of the battle, and open his chute, when he was out of sight of the fighters. Due to the thin atmosphere at that altitude, however, he lost consciousness and was unable to pull the rip cord.

Chisov struck the edge of a snowy ravine at an estimated speed of somewhere between 190 and 240 km/h (120 and 150 mph), then slid, rolled, and plowed his way to the bottom. The aerial battle had been seen by cavalry commander General Pavel Alexeyevich Belov. When Chisov was seen falling to the ground, cavalrymen rushed to the site, and were surprised to find Chisov alive, still wearing his unopened parachute. Chisov regained consciousness a short time later.

Chisov suffered severe injuries, including spinal injuries and a broken pelvis. He was operated on by surgeon Y. Gudynsky, and for a month his condition was considered critical. Despite his injuries, he was able to fly again three months later.[1] He requested to continue flying combat missions, but was instead sent to become a navigational trainer.

Chisov flew over 70 combat missions during the course of his career.

edit on 21-8-2020 by Scapegrace because: Tidying up

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I take it if the ""volunteers"" did not jump, they were shot?

Props for the bravado of the crazy bastards all the same, coz if thats not a Mans job i dont know what is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join