It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the United States of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Allow me a moment to rant . !

This is a rant about racism , in particular the subject of racism pertaining to African Americans in the United States of America.

Does Racism exist ? yes of course racisim exist BUT does it exist in the United States in any way shape or form close to the Racism of the 1960's ? No not at all not even a little bit , there are splinter groups of white supremacist in this country that are truly racist of " race and skin color" yes they exist but these are extremest very rare . There are also older Americans most of them in there 80's and 90's who are still clinging to the racism of the 60's and oddly enough most of them are true blue Democrats ..Go figure right ?

But the way the Main Stream Media is trying to spin Racism into our country as if it were a real problem driving us apart is rediculous , it's absolutly a load of bull# a Load of Goddamn political bull# . No one gives a damn about skin color in 2020 no one cares about your race no one cares , and there in lies the problem.

People call President.Trump Racist which is beyond ridiculous , What has President Trump done that is so racist ? please tell me Please Show me. In fact Trump is probably the least racist president we have ever had and thats including Barack Obama you would think how can a Black President be racist against black people , but some of the most racist people I've ever met were black men who hated there own race. They call Trump racist because he is in fact not racist and that is the problem, African Americans expect special treatment from Trump just like they expect from any other President but the fact that he does not give said special treatment makes him racist . The democrats coddle African Americans treating them like children , giving free this and free that because Democrats truly believe that African Americans cannot stand on there own two feet , while the other side simply expects everyone to just be responsible and stand on there own.

The lack of special attention makes the right racist and the left progressive , when in fact it is the EXACT opposite the Left are the racist ones and the Right honestly just does not give a damn either way.

For the love of God the left is running one the most racist men in Washington for President Joe Biden , that man is the definition of a True Blue Democrat that man see's African Americans as second class citizens and no matter how hard he tries he cannot hide it , Its just who he is.

Cops do not target minorities , Cops do not target Black people , Cops target people in poor neighborhoods were there are drugs and gang activity. A white guy dressed like a gangster in a bad neighborhood will be targeted by the police just as quickly as a black guy probably even more quickly . There are many African Americans in poor neighborhoods yes and that is unfortunate, but none the less it has nothing to do with race or skin color.

I know some of what I've said may be offensive , but this is my rant Racism is a political tool and the side using this tool are the True Racist .

here is one of my favorite quotes

“The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. The white liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the black man.”

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”

MALCOM X

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Calm down, if Biden wins in November, racism will no longer be a problem that's even talked about by the media.

On the other hand, if Trump wins in November, the media will still talk about it but not near as much as now.

They don't care about whether it's a real, widespread problem or not, they only care about it now because of the election.

Just 3 more months and the problem will take care of itself.

edit on 20/8/2020 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You are correct.

In the very early 70's I went to a high school that was integrated for the very first time. Before that the high schools were a black high school and a white high school. Anyone not black, was deemed white and went to the white school.

I have to admit tensions were very high and for me high school was a terrible experience, I have never been to a reunion and will never go, I never want to see those people ever again. I was a military brat. For the military kids, many of us, it was our first experience with blatant and mean racism. We could not understand the hatred were the third group in the high school. The school was divided into 3 groups that kept away from each other out of a lack of understanding, black/white/interracial military kids.

School was a nightmare with local whites and local blacks constantly fighting, shoving and hating each other with a passion so deep you can not imagine. The only time since I have seen passion this deep between the races has been since the BLM rioting and looting started and BLM leaders said things like they restrain themselves from killing white people, and white people have been greatly insulted by a phrase that suggests to them that their lives don't matter. Even if that is not the intended message, that is the message sent and it has caused great harm and division.

One of my close white friends (a military brat) in high school had a huge crush on one of the local black teens in her English class. I clearly remember her asking him to meet her in the park for a bike ride. He told her he could not because he would be beat up and it was too dangerous for them to be seen together, even though he had a crush on her too. I clearly remember her being so upset and distressed and unbelieving that they could not be seen together in public. As a military brat, I had never before encountered this kind of racism as I grew up in a totally integrated environment where the races worked together and respected each other.

This WAS real life in the early 1970's.

In college, in the mid 1970's one of my La Raza friends had a girlfriend who was white. He told her never to come to his dorm room or approach him when he was with his La Raza friends because they would not understand him being with a white girl. Of course, they broke up after he proposed and she said no because he was ashamed of the color of her skin and hair (blonde). This hit me extra hard, I was appalled at this clear and open reverse racism.

Racism, in all directions was horrible in the 1970's.

I saw this improve greatly through the 1980's. Although even in the late 80's I had a realtor say "you don't want to live in that neighborhood, it is (not my skin color).

But it was much better in the 80's, a person of color dating a white person was fast becoming acceptable. My sister entered into a bi-racial marriage and both families embraced them with love.

By the 2000's multi racial dating was nearly universally acceptable and I don't know of anyone who feared violence because they were seen with a person not of their own race.

Now, no one thinks twice about an interracial couple.

Things have radically changed.

I can't imagine a black person being beat to a pulp for dating a white person. I could however, in today's climate see a white male being beaten up for dating a black woman if he went into a city like Portland, Seattle, NY city, Minneapolis with the polarization and hatred we are seeing openly expressed for white people by liberals/leftists/progressives.

edit on 8/20/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you want to read some really insane stuff, check out Princeton history professor Nell Painter.
She says that if a non-white person perpetrates racially motivated violence on other non-white people, it's still the white man's fault. You can't make this stuff up!

She claims: "One potent way of being American, no matter where you or your parents are from, is enacting anti-blackness. And traditionally, acting out anti-blackness has meant acting white."

Whiteness Evolves

Acting white means acting anti-black

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

A lot of black communities are run and headed by people who lived through the 1960s, the southern strategy, war on drugs, watch the prison population explode with black males.

Might have something to do with it ...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

A lot of black communities are run and headed by people who lived through the 1960s, the southern strategy, war on drugs, watch the prison population explode with black males.

Might have something to do with it ...

A lot of those leaders in those black communities are black...don't shoot the messenger

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

All of the 'situations' I mentioned weren't thought up or enforced by blacks ... just saying.

Edit: I'll also add that a lot of 'black empowering' leaders of the past were all put on FBI lists, and murdered. Hell, even JFK can be tied to a conspiracy that his hit was because of his progressive stance on black empowerment. Being a 'black empowering' leader isn't the easiest task, when it's not just a up hill battle, but a mountain climb.
edit on 20-8-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Racism comes in all flavors. There are parts of America where a white man dare not go, there are parts of America where a non Muslim dare not go.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There's a certain amount of irony having white people lecture about racism in America where the Native population was almost wiped out of existence.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
There's a certain amount of irony having white people lecture about racism in America where the Native population was almost wiped out of existence.

Are white peoples alive today responsible for the Native population almost being wiped out of existence?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

there are parts of America where a non Muslim dare not go.

Oh, really? Pray, where might those places be?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The native population was destroyed by Europeans simply just landing and trading in the Americas, not by the colonial take over efforts.
By time the Spanish and others decided to venture deeper in, they came across basically a post apocalyptic world where disease decimated both North and South America. No wonder they were met with hostility, the devil themselves came back to spread more mystery illness.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not only are you wrong.
But you’re proud of it.

How interesting.

Leaving aside the astronomical amount of literal lynchings of black people this year alone...

We should also consider that your entire point is to say that “racism exists” but bringing along a very white caveat and mantra that the people suffering from racism should get over their status, and the egregious behaviours still holding them back on a minute-by-minute basis.

And to basically be grateful that they’re not being lynched, abused, herded and profiled at rates which compare to decades ago.

Which, again, isn’t even true. They are. You wouldn’t know because you’re ignorant to it and avoid actually looking into it, instead of ranting meagre ramblings of terrible opinion, rather than the uncomfortable truth.

Edit: to the people claiming it doesn’t exist at the same level, what are your sources?
None, obviously. But the rhetorical assists in highlighting your hogwash.

Final edit: 60k people voted for an actual neo-Nazi in California during the congressional elections a while back.

60k unabashed Neo-Nazis voting for an openly neo-Nazi candidate. In one state alone.
Your nonsense isn’t supported statistically, allegorically, hypothetically or in reality.

Racism doesn’t just exist. And it isn’t any less harmful in 2020 as it was 50 years ago.

Have a day off and get a grip.
edit on 20-8-2020 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling. More words.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Are white peoples alive today responsible for the Native population almost being wiped out of existence?

No but there are still white people that view Native Americans as savages and less than human.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

www.un.org...

legacy.npr.org...
edit on 20-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Without minimizing the massive casualties incurred to the Native population through disease/war from Europeans, the narrative held in the History books is the Natives were peaceful. This is innacurate. They fought ALOT over land. Especially the Black Hills. If there were massacres, the records don't exist.

So who do we give the Black Hills back to? The Apache? Or the Sioux who had it before them? Or the Crowe who had it before them? Or the Cro-magnons who wandered here from Alaska. See where I'm going?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Conveniently leaving out the fact that more than 80% of the native population had already wiped each other out before Europeans showed up.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
No go zones. Do a search I came up with 9 different states.

edit on 20-8-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
No go zones. Do a search I came up with 9 different states.

I asked you: Where are those places in America?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

White Boomers think that white boomers avoiding multicultural areas due to their inherent lead-poisoned bigotry is proof of “no-go-zones”.

I doubt they’ll ever see that their affinity with being surrounded by other white boomers with lead-poisoning and bigoted ideals is the real reason they don’t go into their self-fulfilling don’t-go-zones*.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join