It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bright long lasting meteorite....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it will be reported or not I'd be surprised if it wasn't because this meteorite was every bit as bright and long-lasting as the one over Arizona 3 or 4 years ago. I was driving West on i-90 in Western Massachusetts and it came across right in front of me it came in at a very shallow angle and it got very bright and it stayed lit for a long time.

I feel strongly that if this meteorite had come in at a steeper angle it would have made it to the ground it happened right at 9:46 pm. I asked him a then came in somewhere over Albany New York but I can't say for sure because I'm not exactly sure what direction I was headed in at that very moment because of course highways have turns in them and I can't say for sure exactly which direction I was headed in at that moment.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I feel strongly that if this meteorite had come in at a steeper angle it would have made it to the ground

You do realize a space rock the size of a small pebble can make an amazing performance, especially at night, right?

A rock the size of a quarter can make a trail around 5 miles wide and about a thousand miles long.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Yes.,.. I'm sure that's true but they made a big to-do about the one in Arizona and this one was every bit as bright and long-lasting is that one was

a reply to: Vector99

edit on 19-8-2020 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

pics or it didn't happen

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Did you check on the fireball network ?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

A car sized asteroid passed earth at 1830 miles or something. car size asteroid space dot com

This was also reported on ats already if its related
8 or so threads ago
edit on 19-8-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Submit a Report to the American meteor society.
You don't need pictures or anything, just a sense of direction

AMS
edit on 19-8-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a dash camera but I did not pull over soon enough it was set on a 3 minute loop.

reply to: Vector99

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No I did not but I will when I get stopped again.

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I will do that thank you for the information

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I wonder if this is the same thing my friend and I saw last night, I was driving her home and around 945 pm we saw this crazy bright light in the sky zooming by, it freaked us out!! We are in upstate new York.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes that would be it...it happened like exactly at 9:46. As near as I could tell it was going pretty much due North

a reply to: ML8715

edit on 19-8-2020 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I saw a cluster of bright 'meteorites' in the sky a couple of years back, about 10 or so objects, bright white with huge streaking tails like no meteorites I've seen before or since.
It was visible from the horizon it entered from to the horizion it exited out of view from, without any dimming.

Was very surreal. Local newspaper I spoke to about it claimed they'd been informed by sciencey types it was 'space junk', which I translated to 'something man made fell back to earth'.

Maybe what you saw was something man made, literal space junk, a dead satellite that kind of thing. From what I have heard those tend to 'burn up' differently to natural objects.
I'd guess because the stuff we make down here to go up there tends to be designed to withstand extreme temperatures.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
www.space.com...

Here you go....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I'm not sure if it will be reported or not I'd be surprised if it wasn't because this meteorite was every bit as bright and long-lasting as the one over Arizona 3 or 4 years ago. I was driving West on i-90 in Western Massachusetts and it came across right in front of me it came in at a very shallow angle and it got very bright and it stayed lit for a long time.

I feel strongly that if this meteorite had come in at a steeper angle it would have made it to the ground it happened right at 9:46 pm. I asked him a then came in somewhere over Albany New York but I can't say for sure because I'm not exactly sure what direction I was headed in at that very moment because of course highways have turns in them and I can't say for sure exactly which direction I was headed in at that moment.

Strangely enough I saw a meteorite around that same time, Extremely bright I was walking my dog.

It was big enough that when it passed I waited for a moment to give it time to hit the ground and couse a shockwave lol . It was the biggest one I've everf seen that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is a chance you were looking at the perseid meteor shower as that keeps performing in the night sky a good ten days after peak.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

A car sized asteroid passed earth at 1830 miles or something. car size asteroid space dot com

This was also reported on ats already if its related
8 or so threads ago

I highly doubt that would be visible in north america. I would imagine that is where OP is from judging by familiarity with US news and highways.

And to the OP, i actually witnessed the one in Arizona, of you’re talking about the one in 2016. It was pretty crazy. I had stepped outside for a smoke after making my morning coffee and saw it. It was amazing. An extremely bright green streak followed by a massive “cloud”, perhaps contrail, not sure what to call it. Left some pretty crazy streaks in the sky. I remember taking a pic of the contrail, and sending it to my cousin saying “the aliens are out here drunk flying again”. I lived near Luke Air Force Base at the time. Definitely distinguishable from the F-16/F-35(i miss watching those take off and kick on the afterburners) contrails. I am pretty sure the only reason it actually made much news is because it happened when it did. Early enough for most to actually witness the meteorite and still late enough for tons of other to see the lingering contrail.
edit on 19-8-2020 by PhatalError because: Spelling/Clarification

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes I had a front-row seat for the one in Arizona also... I was driving Coast-to-Coast at that time I was headed east out of California on I-40 almost to the Arizona border when it came across.

That one came in at a steeper angle. I was bracing (psychologically) myself for the impact just before it burnt out

a reply to: PhatalError

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you live in upstate New York ? If so then yes I'm sure it probably was it.

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

top topics

join