It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Historically Known cultures hid information about the Ice Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
You know Harte little inconvenient thing's like that and lump's of coal with gold chain's in them and nail's and other oddities that should not exist.

And, as far as anyone can tell, they don't exist.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
From what I can see many advanced civilisations came before us.
I dont know how long they live'd.
the grate empire of Rome all most conquered the world.
but political corruption and the like made them fall.
some thing like the USA now.

Something like every civilization.

originally posted by: buddhayou can find stuff on youtube one thing found in mines over 50,000
to 4,000,000 years old that need advanced techniques to make.
how so of the pyramid have been cut we still can not do.
some of the stones polishing and cuting would need dimond!

You can find all sorts of ignorant things on you tube. Also, we know how Egyptians carved and polished stone. They included the process in their art. No diamonds involved.

originally posted by: buddhathe church made a big effort to keep the dinosaurs
a secret and the age of them.
The Church made no such effort.

originally posted by: buddhathey need you to belive the world is only 6500 years old!
the catholic church in 1950 finaly agree the world is not flat!

The Church never taught that the Earth was flat.

You'd make more sense if you tried to make sense.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

You know Harte little inconvenient thing's like that and lump's of coal with gold chain's in them and nail's and other oddities that should not exist.

Harte

hahaha, got to, sorry (and I know Mars Attacks is not war of the world's but can't resist),

I see you've been smoking that RED weed again (actually joking aside some of our fellow members probably have been).

Now as for the oopart's sorry Harte you may not like to accept them but that does not make them go away, they are not all 1920's champion spark plug's some of them are probably very real indeed.
However in a quantum view of the universe there are other way's than those you would be comfortable with for them to end up in strange places and deep deposits but if we accept they had to be there when the deposits were formed them how despite the freak show's and curiosity shows of the 1800's when the bulk of them were written about did some thing end up were they were found if we are to believe there discoverers such as a pestle mad mortar under a mountain dug up while mining.
Coal with a gold chain in it etc.

And not just in one nation, one region but all around the world.

Todays miners may not even notice since so much mining is done with machines but back then the miners were digging it by hand.

And though you may love to ignore or deny or claim urban legend upon it I love this old tale and believe there is far more to it, in fact I believe it is true.
www.hecklerspray.com...
OR wheels in another mine in Russia.

edit on 21-8-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Harte

hahaha, got to, sorry (and I know Mars Attacks is not war of the world's but can't resist),

I see you've been smoking that RED weed again (actually joking aside some of our fellow members probably have been).

Now as for the oopart's sorry Harte you may not like to accept them but that does not make them go away, they are not all 1920's champion spark plug's some of them are probably very real indeed.

There is no evidence to suggest any of them are real.
Any of them.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't see how anyone can say that Ice Age "history" was "hidden" by anyone.

There is no Ice Age history. There was no writing.

And oral histories change over a few hundred years - think what 20,000 years would do to any oral history.

Harte

Howdy Harte

You just have to ask your grand parents what was the name of the their grandparent's grandparents They won't know unless that person is a historical person. As matter of fact they probably won't anything at all about that person or where they came from etc. Stories just don't get sent down the line unless a culture has a strong oral history tradition - some cultures do - but what is remembered are popular things, legends and myths, interesting stories not details.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The earth can and has made many natural objects that look 'man' made but they are not.

All these great ooparts always turn out to be natural, fake, or nonexistent - I've been following this stuff for long time - back when Corliss and Fortean were the cutting edge. You need evidence labtech not a good story.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune.

If their exist discontinuties in the historical data like the Bronze age collapse for one.It could upset current thinking for a linear acumulation of knowledge.It could get messy to admit for whatever reasons advanced technological societies can collapse . The Maori voyaging canoe, is advanced tech, not to mention the outriggers.They didnt have a bit of metal on them and were quite capable of sailing anywhere and did.It just means what do you define as high tech. All the tools for making them were stone type tools. The Navigation was high tech as well as precise , and didnt need a tool and declination charts ,which could break , because it was done with the brain. High tech as we understand it is using a procesor , but how reliable are they really, all it takes is one electron to end up in the wrong bit and the plane crashes with all hands lost.One EMP and were back to the stone age, with the next generation telling tales around the fire of people riding dragons that spit fire.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Harte

ok I made a mistak. got things mixt up.
it was 12 October. 1492 earth not flat.
"It was not until Christopher Columbus’s historic journey to the
“New World” that the Church was forced to accept
this as fact and do away with its false belief."
link

in Oct. 31, 1992
"After 350 Years, Vatican Says Galileo Was Right: It Moves"
"in which the sun and not the earth is the center"
link

The Vatican stupid and stubborn.

edit on 21-8-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

If their exist discontinuties in the historical data like the Bronze age collapse for one.It could upset current thinking for a linear acumulation of knowledge.

There is a general upward tendency in knowledge but it is also known that in certain geographic areas and time periods knowledge stopped, slowed, was lost or otherwise impeded.

It could get messy to admit for whatever reasons advanced technological societies can collapse .

Who would admit what to whom? We've seem societies collapse think, CCCP, East Germany, Syria, etc.

The Maori voyaging canoe, is advanced tech, not to mention the outriggers.They didnt have a bit of metal on them and were quite capable of sailing anywhere and did.It just means what do you define as high tech.

There is no agreement I take it as the cutting edge of tech, so going from matchlock to flintlock was high technology for its time.

All the tools for making them were stone type tools. The Navigation was high tech as well as precise , and didnt need a tool and declination charts ,which could break , because it was done with the brain. High tech as we understand it is using a procesor , but how reliable are they really, all it takes is one electron to end up in the wrong bit and the plane crashes with all hands lost.One EMP and were back to the stone age, with the next generation telling tales around the fire of people riding dragons that spit fire.

Okay

However 'One EMP' won't send us to the stone age just back to the combustion engine and transistor age. I remember a world with had only about a 100 computers - it worked just fine.(well kinda). it would take some time to go there again then slowly rebuilt the current world but quite do able as we still have books and people with that knowledge.
edit on 21/8/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are some limits we can set on likely technology.

For example: we can be pretty sure the hunters in the highlands didn't have bronze or copper, because they would surely have incorporated it into their spears, or cutting knives, and there's no copper residue being found in any of the cut marks on mammoth bones.

Iron is possible, because iron residue is harder to sift out of a corpse, but unlikely, because it's hard to smelt it without charcoal and there would be some evidence of lots of charcoal. (May not be impossible, but probably difficult.)

So these guys used stone, but they were amazingly good with stone.

That said, we know they clearly had the medical knowledge to set broken bones. Even neanderthal skeletons show evidence of healed fractures.

Aborigines in Australia date back 50,000 years, so we know humans could build boats at least that early. (Also they seem to have burnt down all the forests when they arrived, which makes you wonder if maybe they were smelting after all?)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I dont think its primaraly the EMP which causes the collapse, its the panic and fear caused during an event.All the cities of the late bronze age show signs of destruction, you cant blame the sea people for inland cities collapsing because of them.Since the sea peoples were an amaglam of mediteranean people , it looks more like a mass movement to resettle due to a climatic event, it was said that they wanted to settle in the Nile delta which was fertile and they had all the kids and women with them. If you have a drought for a few years that would have the same effect, the strong will take from the weak, and remain strong untill things adjust , but even so the previous idea of civillity is gone, and a new one takes its place.In this scenario all the supply chains for bronze collapse, untill the iron got smelted , then another age starts.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Real power is knowledge... and its always been a matter of the ouroboros. If you know the cycles.. the mysteries.. you hold real power. You keep that power by making sure the lower people, your populace, has cultural amnesia. The ouroboros definitely has a head and a tail. It has a end and begining but never stops... its a cycle and its all about time and space. To me it makes sense to understand that history has always been suppressed from cycle to cycle for power consolidation.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That would mean that somewhere on Earth their is a facility where all knowledge is stored ,as a hard copy in a language that can deciper it.It always strikes me that the Renaisance was the start of the industrial revolution.Where were the designs and blueprints for Roman tech stored. Unless their were pockets still using it.Take the Library of Alexandria , it would have been to easy to destroy, anyone intelligent enough to have a library like that was intelligent enough to have a back up fcility in cse of fire.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Real power is knowledge... and its always been a matter of the ouroboros. If you know the cycles.. the mysteries.. you hold real power. You keep that power by making sure the lower people, your populace, has cultural amnesia. The ouroboros definitely has a head and a tail. It has a end and begining but never stops... its a cycle and its all about time and space. To me it makes sense to understand that history has always been suppressed from cycle to cycle for power consolidation.

If its being suppressed how come you know about it?

I have to say if THEY are suppressing knowledge of the past why did they allow archaeology to come into existence, or for that matter the study of linguistics (so we can read all those old languages which tells us a great deal about ancient cultures) seems kinda like who ever is in charge of suppression really sucks at their job.

So who running this vast administrative nightmare to control all this information?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

That would mean that somewhere on Earth their is a facility where all knowledge is stored ,as a hard copy in a language that can deciper it.

It was called Greek and this body of documents were translated from Greek/Latin into Arabic and were later translated back.

en.wikipedia.org...

It always strikes me that the Renaisance was the start of the industrial revolution.Where were the designs and blueprints for Roman tech stored.

There no blue prints per say, the oldest known plan of something comes from the 9th century. However, there was extensive engineering knowledge in Latin language books and these were available from Arab or limited European sources. De-architectura was his masterpiece.

en.wikipedia.org...

blog.plangrid.com...

Before blueprints evolved into their modern form, look and purpose, drawings from the medieval times appear to be their earliest formations. The Plan of St. Gall, is one of the oldest known surviving architectural plans. Some historians consider this 9th century drawing as the very beginning of the history of blueprints.

edit on 22/8/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Harte

link

in Oct. 31, 1992
link

Your own link notes that the Church recognized it's error in 1757. It's not as if the Church finally decided Galileo was right in 1992.

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

If their exist discontinuties in the historical data like the Bronze age collapse for one.It could upset current thinking for a linear acumulation of knowledge.

There is a general upward tendency in knowledge but it is also known that in certain geographic areas and time periods knowledge stopped, slowed, was lost or otherwise impeded.

It could get messy to admit for whatever reasons advanced technological societies can collapse .

Who would admit what to whom? We've seem societies collapse think, CCCP, East Germany, Syria, etc.

The Maori voyaging canoe, is advanced tech, not to mention the outriggers.They didnt have a bit of metal on them and were quite capable of sailing anywhere and did.It just means what do you define as high tech.

There is no agreement I take it as the cutting edge of tech, so going from matchlock to flintlock was high technology for its time.

All the tools for making them were stone type tools. The Navigation was high tech as well as precise , and didnt need a tool and declination charts ,which could break , because it was done with the brain. High tech as we understand it is using a procesor , but how reliable are they really, all it takes is one electron to end up in the wrong bit and the plane crashes with all hands lost.One EMP and were back to the stone age, with the next generation telling tales around the fire of people riding dragons that spit fire.

Okay

However 'One EMP' won't send us to the stone age just back to the combustion engine and transistor age. I remember a world with had only about a 100 computers - it worked just fine.(well kinda). it would take some time to go there again then slowly rebuilt the current world but quite do able as we still have books and people with that knowledge.

It would take a lot more than one EMP even to do that, unless we're talking about an EMP from a nearby supernova.

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

That would mean that somewhere on Earth their is a facility where all knowledge is stored ,as a hard copy in a language that can deciper it.

It was called Greek and this body of documents were translated from Greek/Latin into Arabic and were later translated back.

en.wikipedia.org...

It always strikes me that the Renaisance was the start of the industrial revolution.Where were the designs and blueprints for Roman tech stored.

There no blue prints per say, the oldest known plan of something comes from the 9th century.

Plan drawings were found on the top of the stones making up the plaza of the Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek.
It seems the Romans, at least, did their "blueprints" on the actual work surfaces.

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

There no blue prints per say, the oldest known plan of something comes from the 9th century.

Plan drawings were found on the top of the stones making up the plaza of the Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek.
It seems the Romans, at least, did their "blueprints" on the actual work surfaces.

Harte

True such markings were found on the Parthenon also. I use to watch wooden dhows get built in Oman and the UAE, no plans just an old guy telling people what to do - end result - a good looking ships built from scratch.

freelargephotos.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Harte

link

in Oct. 31, 1992
link

Your own link notes that the Church recognized it's error in 1757. It's not as if the Church finally decided Galileo was right in 1992.

Harte

Yes but when they really officially and on paper agreed the planets all moved to the correct positions in our stellar neighborhood.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join