It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell everyone.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
With the death of my uncle, and then finding out at his funeral that my great uncle had passed, and then going to his funeral it really cemented in my mind to focus on what is important in my life. I want to spend my time enriching my life and being there for what little family I have left.

While I failed to do what I set out to do when I created this account I did get to interact with a lot of you and well... when it comes down to it you're just a bunch of strangers on the internet. No hard feelings. It is what it is.

I've got nephews who look up to me. I've got family that cares about me. They are what matter to me.

I don't care about the arguing here.

I'm already so focused on work and life in general that I don't need to come here and just read constant bickering.

I want to meet a good woman. I want to have children. I want to start my own family. Those are things I won't find wasting time here.

My wish for you all is that if you haven't you find something you love and is worth your time and effort that you find it. There's more to life than sitting at a computer or on a phone all day.

For anyone who I have upset in my short time here, I hope you never took it personal. Even for those whose views I disagree with I still respect your experiences in life that led you to believing in what you do.

So long ATS. I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

You may find old habits are hard to break. Many of us wish a farewell but find we still have more to say after the fact.

You're welcome back anytime--and I mean you will genuinely be missed here--but I wish you success as you focus on other things too.

All my best, Auto

edit on 18-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I wish you the best and hope you enjoy and enrich your family. I also hope you find the love of your life. You are making the right decision to focus your time in the real world.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not to make lite but some say death comes in threes, so be careful and take care of your self and those close to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Well...

We love you! We will miss you. And you will always have a home with us on the Island of Misfit Toys!!!

Enjoy the silence!

And we will be here arguing about Bigfoot, UFOs, Area51, and “fat free yogurt”!!

Take care! The real world is not as cool as it was...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I will truly miss your posts!! But i respect you so much for what you’re doing.

Ps I want to meet a good man- but i suspect I am several decades too old for you 😕. I wish you luck and so, so much goodness!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Bye dude, good luck with things....

You'll be back....

Nobody leaves this place...ever...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ATS is like the hotel California, Ive checked out many times but have never really left.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Later bater!!
Better up those psychological warfare skills, if you wanna survive married with childrenville
Cereal
Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I'm not sure how this site obstructs you from accomplishing those goals but GL anyway.

You'll be back.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Enjoy your life and the people that you love. Wishing you all the best that life has to offer!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

See you on the other side.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There ain't no farewells man. Not so far as i Know.

Say Hi, seeya!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Say Hi, seeya!

Like if The Beatles were from Hawaii...

You say aloha, I say aloha/ I don't why you say aloha I say aloha

edit on 18-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Take Care.

Now I'm glad I didn't argue with you.

Best wishes.

Kiss a woman for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a good move to keep your sanity, gotta just put it all behind you and just focus on what is important at times.

Anyway,you know where to go if you want the lowdown on some breaking news or in the mood for another argument. Take care mate.
edit on 19-8-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Breaks from things you feel are taking up too much of your time is good.

Personally, I don't like the idea of quitting something outright forever (unless it's truly toxic for me). I'm more interested in developing balance with things.

I had a similar epiphany about a year back. A lot had happened, and it was in the run up to COVID. Something in me just kind of switched on and I started taking control piece by piece. 30 minutes with this here, an hour with that there until I got a rhythm. I started out slow and eventually started throwing things in.

I found before that I only wanted to want things... The second I actually wanted them and set realistic expectations while raising the bar to keep myself slightly uncomfortable with achievable goals, it got addicting.

The reason I say all that is it almost sounds like you're frustrated and throwing you hands up with things. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope you just found some clarity, but in case you needed a little bit of motivation, you can change everything in one year. The last year for me has felt like a decade, and I genuinely want other people to feel what I've felt.

Sorry you're going through all that stuff on top with dealing with what feels like an insane reality. I can truly sympathize with people who are only trying to navigate the craziness we're all going through, much less other large life events at the same time. Oddly enough, I think solace can be found in admitting we can't control vast amounts of what goes on around us, we can only take that adversity and use it for the path forward, which in my opinion is the only path that should exist.

Cheers buddy, maybe one day you can view the mental gymnastics here in a different light. For me it's mostly entertainment and brain exercises now. I separate the societal environment from that of my personal relationships now. Everything can be burning down, and you can still have meaningful enrichment from those you love.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
With the death of my uncle, and then finding out at his funeral that my great uncle had passed, and then going to his funeral it really cemented in my mind to focus on what is important in my life. I want to spend my time enriching my life and being there for what little family I have left.

While I failed to do what I set out to do when I created this account I did get to interact with a lot of you and well... when it comes down to it you're just a bunch of strangers on the internet. No hard feelings. It is what it is.

I've got nephews who look up to me. I've got family that cares about me. They are what matter to me.

I don't care about the arguing here.

I'm already so focused on work and life in general that I don't need to come here and just read constant bickering.

I want to meet a good woman. I want to have children. I want to start my own family. Those are things I won't find wasting time here.

My wish for you all is that if you haven't you find something you love and is worth your time and effort that you find it. There's more to life than sitting at a computer or on a phone all day.

For anyone who I have upset in my short time here, I hope you never took it personal. Even for those whose views I disagree with I still respect your experiences in life that led you to believing in what you do.

So long ATS. I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.

An, an Opus...I like Opuses...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I've come to respect your perspective and opinions and I shall miss your input.

But I understand entirely why you have decided to concentrate on that which you hold dearest.

ATS should primarily be an enjoyable experience, maybe in the future you will be able to find a bit better balance between real life and time here on ATS.

Good luck with all you strive to do in the future, have a few cold one's on me.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yup, some Ats’rs are rude especially those who think they know better. And the rude bunch normally comes with followers. (The locals) And yes I also used Ats to unload but did not directed it towards members

During this lock-down my brain also played some tricks on me because my future does not look good. It is not easy to see when your picture disappear with something like this

Hope I got it wrong

Things do not always pan out the way we think. A joke to prove that:

A father walks pass his little boy’s bedroom and hear him pray
“Thank you lord for all the things I received today
Bye, bye Grandpa”
The following day he received a call that his father has died

The some months later the same thing happened
Bye, bye Grandma”
The following day he received a call that his wife’s mother has died

Then it happened a third time
Bye, bye Pa”
The following day e received a call from his wife telling him the milkman passed away on their doorstep

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join