It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Deconversion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I talked with and witnessed to the Moonies back in the day. All I can say is WOW. They were definitely victims of one of the worst cults around...imo.

It's amazing what people can get away with when they have powerful political cover.

The Washington Times is an American conservative daily newspaper published in Washington, D.C.,

The Washington Times was founded on May 17, 1982, by Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon and owned until 2010 by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate founded by Moon. It is currently owned by Operations Holdings, which is owned by the Unification movement.[4][5]

Throughout its history, The Washington Times has been known for its conservative political stance.[6][7][8][9] It has published many columns which reject the scientific consensuses on climate change,[10][11][12] on ozone depletion,[13] and on the harmful effects of second-hand smoke.[14][15] It has drawn controversy for publishing racist content, including commentary and conspiracy theories about U.S. President Barack Obama,[16][17] supporting neo-Confederate historical revisionism,[18][19] and promoting Islamophobia.[20]
The Washington Times

We're all Moonies now!

Saint Patrick preserve us !
edit on 18-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Matt10:32 So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. 32Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. 33But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.…

I would rather be found in Christ than to be not so at the Great White Thrown judgement.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Like all religous texts of the past, the new testament is an allegory, based on real people but embellished to give the story line, greater impact. So if one searches for cracks they can certainly be found.

The earliest christians did not call themselves christians. They used the star of bethleham symbol to identify themselves to each other. Unlike christians today they were strict vegetarians. Using numerics to sign their works which can be found throughout the new testament.

Knowing the real history of christianity does not help one enter the temple. In fact, it might hinder ones path, if allegory is mistaken for fiction. So best to march forward. As all things non-God eventually dissipate into the dust from which its made.

Those looking for untruths will find them everywhere. God is the only truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Don't let your convictions turn into opinions. Be still and know God is God. The beliefs of this world are the mud on pig's feet so don't toss yours in it.

Confessing your beliefs is offensive even though you don't mean to, you will know when you do so.

It's like starting a fight against a pub full of drunk sailors by yourself, foolish.

There's nothing wrong with trusting God by yourself, that's the only example that can be set.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Don't let your convictions turn into opinions.

But:

"It is the opinion of this court therefore, that this conviction should be overturned."

That's a cool thing to hear.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

a reply to: DeathSlayerI preach the Gospel when someone shows interest or ask about it.

Can you tell me this gospel you preach please?

One sows one plants one waters and one reaps. It takes the Holy Spirit to leading to see where a person is and is not the Turn or Burn announcement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join