It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons, Slavery, and History of our Founding Fathers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So this was an interesting question that I had recently and I knew of no other place, I could possibly obtain a somewhat informed answer on.

With certain members of the original founding Fathers having been Freemasons, being initiated into the rites, acquiring all of the esoteric wisdom and knowledge and sciences passed down through history from Sumer, Egypt, India, China, Greece, and Rome; how could these men own slaves and endorse slavery? The idea that one man is inferior to another? How could they have helped propagate this lie and understand “supposedly” so many esoteric truths?

How could they KNOW THE TRUTH; and still have the idea to perpetuate this system? Or are they merely examples of Men who became initiated into secret rites, for reasons of which the rites were made secret and invite only to begin with?

Your thoughts?

edit on 18-8-2020 by VeritasAequitas because: E

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

Freemasonry is not "invite only". One must "ask one to be one".

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
They believe their god is the one true God above the heavens. Once they receive their 33rd degree (not based on Scottish Rite) the select fee, their god is revealed to them, the goat god, Baphomet, as he sits with crossed hooves.

The same god the Knights Templar worshipped.

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas
So this was an interesting question that I had recently and I knew of no other place, I could possibly obtain a somewhat informed answer on.

With certain members of the original founding Fathers having been Freemasons, being initiated into the rites, acquiring all of the esoteric wisdom and knowledge and sciences passed down through history from Sumer, Egypt, India, China, Greece, and Rome; how could these men own slaves and endorse slavery? The idea that one man is inferior to another? How could they have helped propagate this lie and understand “supposedly” so many esoteric truths?

How could they KNOW THE TRUTH; and still have the idea to perpetuate this system? Or are they merely examples of Men who became initiated into secret rites, for reasons of which the rites were made secret and invite only to begin with?

Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Freemasonry is not "invite only". One must "ask one to be one".

And what if the one that is asked says no?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Except I asked and they told me “We don’t have any secrets to tell you.”

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Also Baphomet doesn’t even appear to my knowledge in Freemasonic literature. The third degree of the Blue Lodge is technically the highest degree, a Master Mason. The additional lodges outside of the Blue Lodge are merely considered supplementary and not superior in anyway shape or form.
edit on 18-8-2020 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
In my understanding of Freemasonry.

Common myths about Freemasonry debunked.

1) Freemasons do not worship Baphomet or Lucifer; to my knowledge neither are involved or mentioned within the initiatory rites of each degree. Neither do they appear in true Freemasonic literature.

2) Contrary to all of the perpetuated mainstream bull# of the voodoo “thirty-third degree Freemason”; the highest degree within Freemasonry is that of the Third Degree; the Master Mason, which is offered within the traditional Blue Lodge. Additional lodges which confer additional rites are considered entirely supplementary “courses” or rites within the Freemasonic community, and do not confer superiority in any way. In fact in way of the actual total degrees; thirty three isn’t even the highest. Some orders of Mithras go up to around ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE DEGREES. The rite of the thirty third degree is afforded much metaphysical and esoteric significance, but it is hardly what people make it out to be.

3) Freemasons also, do NOT worship Lucifer. In fact, they accept men of all religious backgrounds, and require only a belief in a higher power. They never name him as we typically tend to do as people; and instead referred to him as “GAOTU” or the Great Architect Of The Universe, whose creative intelligence can be discerned through the noosed and inherent Geometry within reality and life. Which some say Geometry is what the G stands for within the center of the compass and square although there is another esoteric meaning to their symbolic logo.

4)The compass and square are symbolic images which are used within geometry and life, but namely, the create both geometric shapes; the circle and square. Both of these geometric shapes have global historical esoteric, spiritual and cultural signficance. The Square being rigid and defined, structured; represented materiality or most notably the physical body or vessel. In comparison the compass creates the Circle; which is seemingly infinite and has no end, and was seen as being symbolic of the infinity of our immortal and divine souls. That these two symbols, if used in the context they are presented, would create a square with a circle overlapping the boundaries of the square itself; symbolizing and indicating, a sort of demigod if that’s what you could call him. Others would consider him having been ascended or “born again”. In analysis, the overlapping of the circle over the square represents the divine will of am particular individuals immortal soul spilling forth from his body and creating works and effects in the environment and people around them. People like Krishna, Christ, Buddha, and all those who came before would be examples of such individuals; and that’s this squaring of the circle should be the aim of all Freemasons.

To fan and nurture the flame within so that it’s works become manifest in all that is around you.

I hope you enjoy the educational and non biased mythbusting session on Freemasonry 👍

So please stop with these nonsensical and easily disproven claims people!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
They are given a big rock and told.to make something pretty in 33 minutes.
See, nothing nefarious.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Are you a wannabe mason or something? Whats with all the masonic symbolism in your avatar?

As far as the OP, you're ignoring all the people at the constitutional convention who were against slavery. Were those people masons? Yes, that ended in a compromise that wasn't very good.

But you're most likely referring to George Washington as he was the most famous Masonic slave holder.

Despite having been an active slave holder for 56 years, George Washington struggled with the institution of slavery and spoke frequently of his desire to end the practice. At the end of his life, Washington made the decision to free all his slaves in his 1799 will - the only slave-holding Founding Father to do so.
www.mountvernon.org...
edit on 18-8-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas

Your thoughts?

I just Saturday recvd docs of my 5x gfather...early 1810-15.

We are Freemasons, Eastern Star...and Cherokee and Chickasaw.

We were...sadly..."Indian Traders"...disturbing to learn...✌️

edit on 18-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That couldn't happen. An interested party petitions a lodge. The membership of the lodge votes on the petition.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Obviously I don't know you or with whom you spoke, so I can't comment on that.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Do I have to be a ‘wannabe Mason’ to be educated or interested in matters of esoteric significance or understanding? So are you saying only Masons study symbolism, philosophy, and esotericism?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You are welcome to PM me about the issue, but this happened within a small town in the State of Tennessee. And to be honest, I’m just a spiritualist at heart and in my quest and yearning for truth and knowledge, i was led to Freemasonry and other esoterically minded organizations and societies. I studied enough about them earnestly to know that was what I wanted to do with my life or actively pursue from an authentic perspective, and they turned me away.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Usually only Masons parade around the compass & square, checkerboard floors, 2 columns, light and dark, Anhk inside the star of David (LOL). None of which have anything to do with being interested in philosphy, esoteric matters, and understanding.

So yes, I guess you are a wannabe mason. Just ask Augustus, I'm sure he'll be happy to innate you.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A lot of slave owners got extremely rich those years.
These families build their fortunes on others misfortune. Absolutely inhumane!
These families exists today.

Its criminal behavior, and they should be stripped for every cent they got!

The freemasons are a bunch of merchants agreeing on the prize of food, services and what not.
Only if you are greedy enough, and can shut up, you might be let in the club.
New members are told they work for a "higher purpose", but in reality they work for the establishment of freemasonry itself.
Freemasons should be outlawed.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How do you figure that masonic symbolism has nothing to do with philosophy or esoteric matters?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of so called conspiracy theorists and woke/aware people.

Albert Pike and many others confirmed ages ago. There are two Freemason societies, one looked at with disdain by the true masons as it is merely a fraternity which was set up to attract fools to an entity which hides the true masons.

True masons are the elite bloodlines and while yes, they are indeed theist luciferians, it isn't about their God as much as their lineage.

The one most important piece of info a conspiracy theorist must start with as it explains ever other conspiracy and in fact, every world event of the last few thousand years. And yet still nobody knows the truth about the masons here. So let me post for the millionth time....please familiarize yourself...the elite and we are two different species both called man.

The secret of the widow's son (must watch while first 22min or so to get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Lol not only is your comment factually incorrect, I don’t know how to even begin to explain your own ignorance to you. I’m very familiar with A.M.; but I cherish the value of the symbolism inherently within every single symbol in my profile picture. But more importantly why are you even concerned about such things? Can I not see the value inherent in symbolism because I understand it to be a language of the universe?

Your perspective is noticeably narrow and closed minded. I suggest you deal with that, before it leads you to making harmful, insulting and false assumptions about another individual whom you have never met as you have done here.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Honestly I wanted to ask that also. The pillars of Jachin and Boaz feature in a number of different cultural sets of symbolic images. Most of the Masonic symbols and those which aren’t wholly Masonic which are still relevant, are considered both esoteric and philosophical. So clearly the man isn’t even educated enough to be making such claims as he is now.

Also the Ankh inside the Star of David comes from the Seal of Theosophy.

edit on 19-8-2020 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join