It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone Health App Now Non-Deletable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A couple days ago I was scrolling through my apps on my iPhone (4 pages worth). I instantly noticed that I don’t use at least half of them.

So I click on the screen to start deleting. The very first one I try to delete is the ‘Health’ app. I’m thinking — why the hell would I need my phone tracking my health?

Guess what, you can’t delete that app....

There are only a few apps that are non-deletable. Here’s the list:

Phone
Text
Safari
Camera
Photos
Settings
Clock
And Health

Do you see a common theme with the only 8, non-deletable apps?

6 of the 8 are means of tracking. The only ones that aren’t are ‘settings’ and ‘clock’.

Why the hell would the ‘health’ app be in the non-delectable category???

I’m curious if this came with my new update (2 days ago). Anyone notice this before? Is this something new? Related to Covid-1984 tracking?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Been that way with Samsung Health on Samsung stock phones for at least 5 years. In vanilla or stock you can disable and remove widgets but initially you can't remove.

It's not some COVID tracking scenario but since you rolled out the failed CT snark of COVID-1984 my guess is you already have your mind made up that this is some nefarious move by the man to keep track of you.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

It's not some COVID tracking scenario but since you rolled out the failed CT snark of COVID-1984 my guess is you already have your mind made up that this is some nefarious move by the man to keep track of you

Since it’s NOT a failed CT, I’m going with yes. Why else would this app be non-deletable? What does it have to do with the purpose of a cell phone.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Is "health" the same as "covid".....
Because the covid one is disabled by default until you download something from your health department [in US]
Or so I have read.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have heard that Facebook is also not able to be deleted.
Not sure if that’s true.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It's not some COVID tracking scenario but since you rolled out the failed CT snark of COVID-1984 my guess is you already have your mind made up that this is some nefarious move by the man to keep track of you

Since it’s NOT a failed CT, I’m going with yes. Why else would this app be non-deletable? What does it have to do with the purpose of a cell phone.

Not with my phone now, but I believe it's used in emergency situations. There is some Health ID or some such that has your basics, if you're an organ donor and - more importantly - emergency contacts.

Could be mistaken, but last time I looked I think all those were part of the health app.

You can turn off the health app if you want as well. It'll still be on your phone but won't record stats (or help contact your next of kin should you get hit by a bus...).

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Here’s a prediction.

There will be additions to this app (Covid related), very soon.

Sorry, I don’t need my phone tracking how many steps I take a day.

And you can cram any type of social distancing software, you know where.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That last line is your problem. You think smart phones are just cell phones but for the majority of users they are multi function devices that deliver voice, video , data and so on. Yes just to make sure the Fox Mulder side of this gets the proper attention that can also includes tracking info.

As for why Health apps have not been able to be uninstalled on many stock smartphones for years now it's a combo of market initiatives and trends that drive major providers to make the choices they do. The fact that it's been that way on Android for years now is something I am sure you will ignore. The fact that you haven't been able to remove the Health App from iPhones for at least 2 years is also something I am sure you will ignore in favor of COVID tracking scenarios: discussions.apple.com...

So unless you just updated after a few years this nefarious change didn't come 2 days ago with a recent update.

or its the IllumiNSAMasons tracking you.....
edit on 17-8-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Here’s a prediction.

There will be additions to this app (Covid related), very soon.

Sorry, I don’t need my phone tracking how many steps I take a day.

And you can cram any type of social distancing software, you know where.

Then get a flip phone with no data.

It's all a choice. Weigh your options.

If the health app freaks you out, cool. Get a device that fits your world-view. Or don't get one at all.

We all need to make whatever decisions make us feel good about life.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Absolutely! I’m pretty sure AM is behind it all.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Health app on android has been undeleteable since I can remember. Although I would bet if you root the phone you will be able to get rid of it. Personally I ignore the app and if it becomes unignorable I will probably take action to make it so.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I’m thinking — why the hell would I need my phone tracking my health?

A phone hasn't been ~just~ a phone for several years now, right? A "phone" is now basically a miniature PC. Your phone doesn't do anything it's not "instructed" to do. Granted, app permissions, user agreements, and so forth can be a little confusing. But it's not as if your phone alerts the authorities if you don't record your weight every morning.

I started using some health tracking features on my (android) phone recently. I'm trying to lose a stubborn 10 lbs of baby fat. I think recording information about exercise habits can be useful for people who are motivated by seeing trends and personal progress.

I don't think it's unreasonable to decline to use such features, either. As to why they can't be deleted, I truly don't know. Have you tried getting in touch with Apple customer service? I think getting upset about it ultimately amounts to tilting at windmills.
edit on 8/17/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: Splellng

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Facebook never came installed on any iPhone I've ever bought.

My wife uses it. I've deleted it when it broke so she could reinstall it, so it can be deleted if you install it.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have heard that Facebook is also not able to be deleted.
Not sure if that’s true.

Which is why I WON"T put Facebook on my phone. I only have an account because ATS forced me to in order to login. Which ticks me off and makes me wonder if Facebook tracks everything I write on ATS, probably does.

I have as few apps as possible and have deleted as many as possible.

I won't use google to search for anything except for price comparison shopping

I won't use twitter at all or instagram

People don't realize how much of their personal lives they are just giving away to anyone who wants to buy it for whatever reason, even nefarious reasons.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

This is a weird thing I've heard before, and I think we eventually sorted for another user. Most people I know on ATS just have a user name and password tied to their email. Maybe throw up a thread in the help section and someone will be able to show you how, I forget or I would.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

This is a weird thing I've heard before, and I think we eventually sorted for another user. Most people I know on ATS just have a user name and password tied to their email. Maybe throw up a thread in the help section and someone will be able to show you how, I forget or I would.

Tried it.

You now must belong to a social media info gathering site to log on to ATS if you are not a legacy member.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Do you see a common theme with the only 8, non-deletable apps?
6 of the 8 are means of tracking.

This is because data about you is worth a bag of cash, and you have no say or idea how that data about you will be exploited. Apple, Google, Amazon know this, as do all those Chinese software conglomerates. My advice... Well, it starts with not buying Apple, using Google and buying from Amazon. I would never even entertain going anywhere near anything from China as there are even less “safeguards”.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Damn that means I’ve been here a long time no social media needed just my login name and password. How long you have to be around to be “legacy” how do I find out?
SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well that's truly F'd! Not sure how easy it is to fake a name on FB now but when I did have one many years ago I was able to fool it into taking a fake name. Sad day when you are forced into such things to participate on a forum that has nothing to do with the forum at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join