It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Justice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok, girl gets drunk, has sex, she was raped, wasn't able to make her own decision. Guy gets drunk, rapes a girl, he is guilty of rape. Why? When the girl is drunk she isn't responsible for what she does, but a guy is? A girl does drugs, has sex, rape. A guy does drugs, has sex with someone he normally wouldn't have sex with, ie raped, nope, no rape. A guy gets drunk and crashes his car, he responsible for his actions, girl gets drunk, burns building down killing everyone inside, not her fault, she was drunk.

Just saw on the news how a girl was "raped" after getting drunk. The guy she had sex with was drunk to, but while she is not reponsible for what she did, the guy is.......???????.......

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Got me on that one James. Doesn't make sense. Maybe there's more to it than was reported. Do you have the stations website?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
A guy gets drunk and crashes his car, he responsible for his actions, girl gets drunk, burns building down killing everyone inside, not her fault, she was drunk.

What? Going a bit far there, or have you got any links?

Just saw on the news how a girl was "raped" after getting drunk. The guy she had sex with was drunk to, but while she is not reponsible for what she did, the guy is.......???????.......

I don't think you can pass judgement as you weren't there. Maybe she asked him to stop or said no, but he didn't. No means no. How can she be responsible if she said no, but he didn't listen or something? We do n't know what happened, we weren't there.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Intrepid, how I find out the station website? I don't even know if they do, channel 11, think that CBS. So CBS Toledo.

Also, they didn't say if she said no, just that she was drunk, raped, guy was drunk, knew what he was doing..... bs.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Is this the channel?

www.wtol.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yep. But problem is it was like the Atlanta Shooting, it wasn't in Toledo, but on CBS. Love CBS, unlike NBC Super Duper Woppler Doppler 14,000,000 super weather center or abc News? Whats that? they have more then "Awww, look at the water skiing squirrel." Or "Its gonna SNOW! IN FOUR MONTHS!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING ME!!!!!! ITS GONNA SNOW!!!!!!"

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I've always had a problem with the scenario that you mention. Wait, that didn't come out right.

What I mean is that the scenario you mention is a legal double standard. A good friend of mine had a similar situation happen to him. He and this girl had been flirting for weeks. They both got drunk one night, (actually, he was far more drunk than she was) and had sex. She left the next day, they talked about it and whatnot, agreeing that it shouldn't be a one night stand sort thing. He was hoping it might turn into something relationship wise.

At any rate, cop shows up for questioning a day later saying he has been accused with rape blah blah blah.

News shows up and camps out. Big story, "Girl raped at local frat house."

My friend is drug through the mud. Three weeks later the girl drops the charges and the case never goes to court.

Total BS, but since she is a girl and cries rape it is the guys fault.

Now, I'm not a fan of the take advantage of a drunk girl thing, that's wrong and it's rape. But if you have sex with a girl, intoxicated or not, and she decides later it wasn't what she should have done, it's not rape. Unless she says no, it's consential, am I right? I mean, the guy has to be aware that he is not having consentual sex for it to be rape, right?

Any legal people care to weigh in on the matter?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Girls cry rape all the time. it is just all nastyness with them. I believe if they got drunk on thier own account they are responsible for whatever may happen. THe law is flawed. We knew that. Let's not cry about it now.

Life is .

PS>
Guns should be banned. DESTROY NAMBLA

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Does a woman mind being raped by a guy or a bunch of guys? Yes.

Does a man mind being raped by a woman or a bunch of women? No.

Does that make sense?

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When i was in university we were all brought into a class to hear a lecture, the jist was, a girl is intoxicated, agrees to have sex, you commited rape.

If she wakes up the next day and says its rape, period, its rape.

A guy? Come on. Lets cross that bridge when we get to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Does a woman mind being raped by a guy or a bunch of guys? Yes.

Does a man mind being raped by a woman or a bunch of women? No.

Does that make sense?

Peace

So that goes for every guy then? What about the ones who take legal action against women that attempt to rape them yet get laughed out of court still to this day?

Also, some women might like it, some men might not. You can't say every single person is the same. Can you?

I'm also a law student (A* Law Student), so I can state it's a double standard. Men get no protection from attempted rape or actual rape by a woman nor do they get protected against sexual discrimination or assault.

In England, so far only one case by Jury has ever had a woman convicted and charged - out of hundreds that have gone to court. They normally get laughed out, with the defence claiming a woman can't rape a man or sexually assault him.

Women are better protected then men, but it's down to this whole idea that men are 'bigger', 'stronger', 'faster', 'smarter', than women. Attitudes have to change first though, before the law will or maybe this is just equality after the years of legal rape that we've had? By proteting men.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes, guys like to have sex, but so do women. Say you know this girl has aids, so you would NEVER have sex with her, but drunk, have sex with her, you are raped!!!!!!!! Also, just because men like to ave sex doesn't mean they can't be raped. DO you think all women hate sex? Do you think that all women keep the legs closed until they are beat over the head with a bat and forced? Women like to have sex to.... so the sexist(this is all based on sexist people/thoughts) men can't be raped, they like to have sex, IS WRONG!

Or say you are devout christian, virgin till marrige, but then you get drunk, and have sex, was he raped? Normally he wouldn't have had sex, but since he was drunk he did, isn't that rape? If it is for women it is for men. Or is it like drunk driving, you are responsible for what you did/are doing? So, drunk sex for women is rape, they had no control, aren't responsible, but if a guy drunk sex is like drunk driving, you are responsible for your actions.

You can't have two laws for the same situation.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ha, on Chappelle's Show last night there was a fake ad for the "Love Contract," a contract to be signed by both people to legally prove that a lovemaking session is indeed consentual. Not much to do with the post, but it's a funny coincidence.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yes, guys like to have sex, but so do women.

I think that the problem is that there is no case of an intoxicated guy charging a woman the day after with rape.

If there was, I can't see how anyone can possibly say that it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Getting drunk for girls is a risk. guys will take advantage of a girl who got drunk. It should be law that a person can't have sex with a drunk/high person.

But if the guy was drunk and had sex with a drunk girl what happens? It is a complicated thing.

however, the take home message is that you shouldn't drink enough that you get drunk.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

the take home message is that you shouldn't drink enough that you get drunk.

Preposterous.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Yes, guys like to have sex, but so do women.

I think that the problem is that there is no case of an intoxicated guy charging a woman the day after with rape.

If there was, I can't see how anyone can possibly say that it wasn't.

It has happened and got laughed out of Court in 2002. It has happend a fair bit, to be honest. (I'll try and find the case, but it's not 'core' to the subject we just spoke about it in class one day.)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If it did happen, then its completely sexist and completely illegal. For the law to say that women are incompetent and incapable compared to men is the very definition of the worst kind of sexism.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of a conversation I was having with a friend the other day...

Why is it if a woman is sunbathing nude in her garden and a male neighbour gets caught looking in her direction he is invading her privacy and a branded a pervy, where as if a guy sunbathes outside and the female neighbour spots him he could be done for indecent exposure?

is this a clear case of double standards?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah, guy sees a woman sun bathing, perv, woman sees a guy sun bathing, indecent exposure. Well, one case was a guy who lived 80 meters(about 245((meter over 3 feet))feet) was seen naked in his house by his neighbors and was arressted for indecent exposure. It was thrown out cause the only way you could see him and know he was naked is with binoculars........ But still, naked in his home and arressted.

Yes, don't get drunk, but when a person does, it seems women can do whatever and not be at fault. Hell, a drunk guy pisses outside he arressted for urinating in a public place cause he knew what he was doing..... yet a woman has sex while drunk she didn't know what she was doing..... sexist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join