It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: xuenchen
""Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed"" .....

đź’Ąfor routine maintenance and replacementđź’Ą

Just prior to the elections.

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

Meadows on Sunday asserted that all sorting machines not part of an "already scheduled reallocation" would remain in place and that the decommissioning was not "new initiative by this postmaster general."

What is your source?

In my experience, FAKE NEWS — Is in the “eye of the beholder”.

As with everything — “Facts” tend to be clouded by whoever’s presenting them.

There’s a ton of stories out there on this. If you don’t like what the links I gave you have to say, then search until you find one that fits your narrative. It’s a non story and a fabricated lie being perpetuated by the left Annee but believe what you want to believe. It is what it is.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

nypost.com...

There’s always a ton of stories.

From all sides.

You’ve picked the ones you agree with.

No I didn’t. The actual quote Meadows said, that I posted in another thread and here came from a left wing source, which when they posted Meadow’s statement, sorta killed their whole bias narrative. I think I may have even posted that link on another thread, I’ll see if I can find it.

The 2 news sources you provided are both Right Wing

h ttps://www.vox.com/2020-presidential-election/2020/8/16/21370963/usps-postal-service-mail-sorting-machines-trump-meadows-2020-election-ballots
Here’s a great propaganda hit piece on the subject. Don’t stay between the lines.

Okay found it, I thought I’d posted it somewhere at sometime, old age and all.🤪
Vox is not right wing news, correct?

Explanatory journalism (VOX). Basically an interviewer trying to present the different/views/aspects of a story/happening/event.

Headline: The White House says USPS isn’t removing mail-sorting machines. Postal workers say it is.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said in an interview on Sunday that US Postal Service mail-sorting machines will not be taken offline between now and Election Day — a statement at odds with reports that the Postal Service is decommissioning 10 percent of its machines this year under a new policy.

You were selective and one sided from what you chose to present from the VOX article.

A statement at odds with reports? What reports and by whom reported? Do you know the source of the report they’re talking about? Just curious because I don’t if there even is one.

Also “this year under new policy” does not equate to when it was first decided that it would be policy.
You’re cherry picking. You conveniently left out the part where he said “machines not “already scheduled" for "reallocation” will remain in place and that the shutdowns are not “a new initiative by this postmaster general.”

I’ve read that they’ve removed 200k machines over the years and you seriously think 600+ machines is going to make a difference. One guy said he hasn’t seen the mail this slow since he was 17. Due to the internet the postal business is a bust right now. I honestly can’t remember the last time I sent off a letter, I know it’s been months and probably not over 4 in the last year, if that. This is literally a non issue.

I am not going to argue the reports.

I know from your post history we’d only be playing “ping ping”.

Point is — intentionally showing only one perspectives from an Explanatory Journalism piece.
You won’t argue with the reports because you can’t? Please show me the report, I’d really like to see it.

I can. I’m not going to.

I don’t waste my life banging my head against an immovable brick wall. There is no valuable or useful point in doing that.

Wait....What?

Why would you join a discussion group then?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

Meadows on Sunday asserted that all sorting machines not part of an "already scheduled reallocation" would remain in place and that the decommissioning was not "new initiative by this postmaster general."

What is your source?

There’s a ton of stories out there on this. If you don’t like what the links I gave you have to say, then search until you find one that fits your narrative. It’s a non story and a fabricated lie being perpetuated by the left Annee but believe what you want to believe. It is what it is.

nypost.com...

From all sides.

No I didn’t. The actual quote Meadows said, that I posted in another thread and here came from a left wing source, which when they posted Meadow’s statement, sorta killed their whole bias narrative. I think I may have even posted that link on another thread, I’ll see if I can find it.

h ttps://www.vox.com/2020-presidential-election/2020/8/16/21370963/usps-postal-service-mail-sorting-machines-trump-meadows-2020-election-ballots
Here’s a great propaganda hit piece on the subject. Don’t stay between the lines.

Explanatory journalism (VOX). Basically an interviewer trying to present the different/views/aspects of a story/happening/event.

Headline: The White House says USPS isn’t removing mail-sorting machines. Postal workers say it is.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said in an interview on Sunday that US Postal Service mail-sorting machines will not be taken offline between now and Election Day — a statement at odds with reports that the Postal Service is decommissioning 10 percent of its machines this year under a new policy.

You were selective and one sided from what you chose to present from the VOX article.

A statement at odds with reports? What reports and by whom reported? Do you know the source of the report they’re talking about? Just curious because I don’t if there even is one.

Also “this year under new policy” does not equate to when it was first decided that it would be policy.
You’re cherry picking. You conveniently left out the part where he said “machines not “already scheduled" for "reallocation” will remain in place and that the shutdowns are not “a new initiative by this postmaster general.”

I’ve read that they’ve removed 200k machines over the years and you seriously think 600+ machines is going to make a difference. One guy said he hasn’t seen the mail this slow since he was 17. Due to the internet the postal business is a bust right now. I honestly can’t remember the last time I sent off a letter, I know it’s been months and probably not over 4 in the last year, if that. This is literally a non issue.

Point is — intentionally showing only one perspectives from an Explanatory Journalism piece.
You won’t argue with the reports because you can’t? Please show me the report, I’d really like to see it.

I can. I’m not going to.

I don’t waste my life banging my head against an immovable brick wall. There is no valuable or useful point in doing that.

Yeah okay. I’ll just take CNN’s word for it although they’ve completely ignored the facts and the truth and taken the story out of context.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

I can. I’m not going to.

Yeah okay. I’ll just take CNN’s word for it although they’ve completely ignored the facts and the truth and taken the story out of context.

Yeah, all this pointing at CNN happened in retaliation to FOX being consistently designated as the most inaccurate “show” in the news media.

A Trump tactic — blame the other guy.

But, I only read. I don’t listen to talking heads.

Commercial TV is called “commercial” for a reason. Today personalities are hired for their talent to attract and hold an audience (it’s about money). They play to emotions. I’m not interested.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

I can. I’m not going to.

Wait....What?

Why would you join a discussion group then?

Currently or when I originally joined in 2007?

For information basically. How people see things differently. Perspective, etc.

You see, my avatar represents perspective — “am I looking in — or am I looking out”.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I keep hearing this Trump quote get thrown around:

"They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."

But then I finally found an article that discussed the conversation that quote was taken from:

www.wkbw.com...

The quote is in the last few lines of the page.

"Trump later clarified his remarks.

"If they make a deal, the Postal Service is taken care of, the money they need for the mail-in ballots will be taken care of, that doesn't mean we are going to agree to it, but all they have to do is make a deal," said President Trump.

"So, you would sign something that does include funding?" a reporter asked. "Sure, a separate thing, I would do it," responded the President.
"

They make sound like he actually intends to sabotage the voting process, instead just using the threat of doing it as a negotiation tool to get what he wants in Congress.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is what Trump said.

This is what Trump means.

Honestly, that’s getting a bit old.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

This is what Trump said.

That's not what he said.

And if he did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, it's not his fault.

And if it was, he didn't mean it.

And if he did...

You deserved it.

That has been the mantra of the Trump cult for the past 4 years. November can't come fast enough

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

This is what Trump said.

I posted TRUMPS OWN clarification. Which he made when he made the original quote.

Don't think it's kind of dishonest to post only part of what someone says??
edit on 18-8-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: Actually I did add my own editorial there at the end......

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek
After everything that's happened you can bet your ass I'm voting for trump. Btw I'm a libertarian. That should speak volumes. Open up your eyes bro.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Trump has to clarify himself A LOT. He spouts off without thinking — then “someone” fixes it.

And if he doesn’t — be sure the Trumpster’s will do it for him.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No, what is getting old is having to explain it. Perception is skewed when you really really hate something.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No, what is getting old is having to explain it. Perception is skewed when you really really hate something.

No my thinking is not skewed.

I don’t wear blinders.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Annee because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Trump has to clarify himself A LOT. He spouts off without thinking — then “someone” fixes it.

And if he doesn’t — be sure the Trumpster’s will do it for him.

No offense annee but you do exactly these same things you blame Trump for, I don't know how many times we have seen you "clarify" yourself to justify your own position.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Neither do I. Some of the things he says and tweets make me shake my head but in the end it is not destroying the nation.

Watching the DNC convention you would think the KKK is in the streets lynching 'People of Color' but it is the opposite. Look what just happened in Portland. Go find ONE video of a group of white people pulling a black man out of a vehicle and beating him unconscious. Go ahead.

Just like this BS with voter suppression. Give me a break. If voter suppression was real Barack would have never been president. No voter ID needed but we better make sure the USPS is ready and deliver our falsified ballots....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Proginoskes
Mom has physical problems (she's in her 70s) and has trouble walking, so maybe she wants to vote from her comfortable couch?

That is one of the many legitimate reasons for absentee ballots.

Note: absentee ballots is not even remotely the same thing as universal mail in voting.

Demorats want to abolish signature verification on all mail in voting.

You cannot possibly be ok with that?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I don't know about every state but I used to vote absentee every time in Virginia. It was super easy and no one asked you to "prove" your abscense. I just didn't want to stand in line on the day of...and I never had to. If it was that easy with no reason to "need to" then I would think with covid concerns it would be easy even if you had to prove why.
edit on 19-8-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I don't know about every state but I used to vote absentee every time in Virginia. It was super easy and no one asked you to "prove" your abscense. I just didn't want to stand in line on the day of...and I never had to. If it was that easy with no reason to "need to" then I would think with covid concerns it would be easy even if you had to prove why.

Anyone can request an absentee ballot. But that is the point... you have to request one, And that ballot is subject to all of the same stringent (or not so stringent as in the case of most demorat run states) requirements as in person voting.

Again - not even in the same universe as what the dems want with 'universal mail-in voting'...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I always went to the local election boards pffice and asked for one in person... So I'm not sure of the process for getting one mailed to you. I assume you have to prove you are you in some manner and that's about it. The mail out ballots are flawed in that they just send one to everyone on the voter roll...which time and time again has proven to include all kinds of dead/moved away people as well as apparently pets and all other manner of nonsense. That's why its a poor idea to do it that way and why trump is saying it will be a mess. Its like the democrats saying thathaving to show ID surpresses minority votes because they have issues gerting an ID...which we all know is dumb and honestly pretty bigoted...no surprise there though.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I always went to the local election boards pffice and asked for one in person... So I'm not sure of the process for getting one mailed to you. I assume you have to prove you are you in some manner and that's about it. The mail out ballots are flawed in that they just send one to everyone on the voter roll...which time and time again has proven to include all kinds of dead/moved away people as well as apparently pets and all other manner of nonsense. That's why its a poor idea to do it that way and why trump is saying it will be a mess. Its like the democrats saying thathaving to show ID surpresses minority votes because they have issues gerting an ID...which we all know is dumb and honestly pretty bigoted...no surprise there though.

Here in Oregon, you get a ballot in the mail whether you request it or not. You just have to be registered to vote. (Which is a moot point anyway, since Oregon legislature passed a law requiring the state's to votes to follow the nation wide popular vote.)

But I think fraud would be difficult to achieve. It would be pretty obvious if hundreds of ballots were all getting sent to the same address. If you send each fraudulent ballot to a different address, just imagine how much hassle that would be!

You would need to possess a lot of real estate, with separate mailing addresses, and nobody already living there.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Neither do I. Some of the things he says and tweets make me shake my head but in the end it is not destroying the nation.

Agree on “shake my head”.

We’re not going to agree on the rest. We just see things differently.

I go to both Rep & Dem meetings. Honestly, I hate going to the Rep meetings. They are so self righteous and so friggin uptight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join