It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The elephant in the room about bigger government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If you want to see an increase in the size and scope of government. Pick any issue, say: whom should wear masks and when.

The more power you give to a state the more powerful the leader commands.

The more power the leader commands. The more fascist your state becomes

Fascism is a Very effective way to run a state, it’s a Very effective way to rule over people. It’s just not always good for the individual who’s being ruled over.

The issue is when you and enough of your friends start Group thinking and agreeing with the government power/action. Then you move it from fascism to common sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If you want to see an increase in the size and scope of government. Pick any issue, say: whom should wear masks and when.

I'll pick, 'How much free money should Trump and Congress hand out for $600, no wait, for no payroll taxes anymore, Alex'.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

I'll pick, 'How much free money should Trump and Congress hand out for $600, no wait, for no payroll taxes anymore, Alex'.

Agreed. I had an argument recently with one of my "well just tax the rich more" friends. I told him that there's about 800 billionaires in the US with a combined net worth of around $3.4 trillion. I said you can tax them at 100% and take all their wealth and you wouldn't cover the deficit this year.

What do you do next year or even worse if they took their wealth and said fu America?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Meh, we'll just print more money and hand ourselves the IOU.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Best solution so far: tax them nothing! Instead give them tax returns.

Yes, I do not know how this is better, go ask the government.
Be rich and get richer quickly, the poor be damned - they should just stop being poor!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Are you guys going to owe China, or is China going to owe you?

new topics

top topics

join