It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme weather in Scotland, lightning and objects in the sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82 what do you think it is ?

Looking at it logically the first thought is a disc? In tilt mode?

From personal experience these motherships and claps of thunder / lightning are in some way for whatever reason closely linked. Just a guess but something to do with the UFOs appearing from another dimension.

I'm going for UFO disc moving into our dimension

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'd say those orange things are an orange street light, out of shot, light reflecting/refracting off a raindrop on the window/lense in front of camera.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It was sad to hear about the train derailment and the deaths it caused.

Here in the 'Shires we had thunder storms for about 3-4 hours last night and they are expected again this afternoon.
I can't really say much about the pic and "UFO" as there's not alot to go on, it could be number of things and I imagine you've gone through that list yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The Stonehaven train crash has several severe injuries and possibly one death and has been declared a 'major incident'.
I lived in Portlethen which is between Aberdeen and Stonehaven for almost 10 years back in the mid '80's - early '90's

Sad Rainbows
Jane
Just had a lorry driver in my work telling me that he went to the Findon roundabout as you come into Portlethan and there were six cars floating like boats on the roundabout.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

Yeh I think the orange from the side is definitely water and light from a street light and its catching the water
but not sure what the light is in the middle

if I could pause it when the lightning strikes so I can see whats there in the light we could rule it out

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

aye its bloody awful that this happened , apparently the driver came to a halt and a landslide and reversed up the track and was then met with a new landslide which then derailed the train.
Its such a tragedy , but I am glad that although lives were lost and many injured that at least it wasnt the normal busy train to Edinburgh as it could have been a disaster with many lives lost.

sad day for families in Scotland
edit on 12-8-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I believe this storm came out of nowhere I dont think it was noticed or picked up on until it was late

It was predicted since last week. A lot of the weather websites were saying it was coming.

what do you think it is ?

Most likely a bird. The seagulls here (town in Scotland) go nuts during a thunderstorm.

Was hilarious to watch, they fly all over the place and I'm not sure if any were hit but I watched a lightning fork zap right through where a flock of them were seconds before last night.

Loving the weather right now, apart from the leak in my window which is proving an inconvenience when the rain is at max

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The Stonehaven train crash has several severe injuries and possibly one death and has been declared a 'major incident'.
I lived in Portlethen which is between Aberdeen and Stonehaven for almost 10 years back in the mid '80's - early '90's

Sad Rainbows
Jane
Just had a lorry driver in my work telling me that he went to the Findon roundabout as you come into Portlethan and there were six cars floating like boats on the roundabout.

OMG! Wow!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well you were right as rain to declare this system as extreme.

I fear storms like this will very soon exponentially increase on all levels.

Simply because that's what time it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Clearly a row of house bricks.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Man we got some extreme weather in Japan no shipment watermelon season is devastated are corn crops they're all dying are asparagus there all flooded is terrible man it really is the potatoes and carrots is like you can't believe you while I would I will tell you three potatoes for $3 US Dollars 3 Carat for almost $3 the weather patterns in Japan have devastated a farming industry

those are prices for kilogram.

japantimes

if all you can do is complain - i'm sorry, i mean talk BS - about the situation in Japan (and judging by your post history that's mostly what you're doing), why don't you move out?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I found this for ya OP

Thats just heat lightning

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rancidmilk2go

sounds cool and Ive never heard of it
thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm noticing that thunderstorms aren't the same as I remember them to be . More frequent flashes and purple pink colors.
As of the booms the don't happen as when I expected them to happen?

I've filmed a horizontal lighting strike hit a midair spot twice In the exact order a second apart, the weather is strange different not what i can remember a decade ago..

In about two hours I will ready up my camera to film an arriving thunderstorm because they are so damn fascinating and mysterious powers..

Great shot

edit on 0b22America/ChicagoThu, 13 Aug 2020 10:49:22 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 13 Aug 2020 10:49:22 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I love thunder and lightning so I look forward to your pictures

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I love watching thunder and lightning.

It was forecast for three days solid where I live......wasn't a drop of rain or the slightest hint of a thunderstorm.

Was looking forward to watching them with my grandson and maybe a cold one or two.
Very disappointed.

Unfortunately never seen a UFO but I would have thought thunderstorms would be the ideal weather conditions for them to go about their business unnoticed.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well I had my first strange sighting on Saturday afternoon . I wasn’t going to post anything about it until I saw the OP.
I stay on the outskirts of Glasgow , and was cutting down some branches in the back garden.
I looked up and spotted something identical to the thing in that picture . It was a silvery Grey colour and moving very quickly across the sky . If I had to guess , it was about 10000 ft , and moving from North to South above Glasgow .
I was desperately trying to get my phone out of my overall pocket , but had gloves on.
As I watched it ,the object suddenly jinked left , then right and then just disappeared ! I’m so raging I never got a picture .....I hate gardening too

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I'm noticing that thunderstorms aren't the same as I remember them to be . More frequent flashes and purple pink colors.
As of the booms the don't happen as when I expected them to happen?

I've filmed a horizontal lighting strike hit a midair spot twice In the exact order a second apart, the weather is strange different not what i can remember a decade ago..

It's a phenomenon known as sheet lightning that occurs in clouds. Monday was the first time I've ever seen it in the UK, I'm used to seeing it in South France and Austrian Alps.

The sheet lightning flashes made no sound (thunder) but the fork lightning (when it strikes the ground) does.

Had huge lightning storm from around 9pm Monday to 6am Tuesday on the Lancs/Cumbria border. There were sheet lightning strikes every couple of seconds as far as the eye could see and fork lightning strikes every minutre or so. Quite a lot of sheep were killed around here as the lightning strikes were hitting the ground then travelling long distances underground and electrocuting anything it touched.

These type of storms usually occur in really hot countries (Southern Europe) - I've never seen anything like it in the UK but it's been 28C at night here for nearly two weeks which is usually a very hot daytime temperature.
edit on 13-8-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

EDIT: There's been a lot of US airforce planes from fighter jets to Hercules flying very low from East to Wesr out to sea (No idea of the destination), maybe it's a part of that redeployment?
edit on 13-8-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It's the first time I've heard about sheet lighting, sure looks amazing but never knew the dangers that it could electrocute larger areas underground and kill cattle or other animals?

I do think something's changing or shifting within our climate and nature shows it through our weather, by showing us new kinds of weather phenomena maybe known to other southern countries but not to the northern colder regions of the world..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join