It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanker spills 1,000 tonnes of crude oil into Indian Ocean near Mauritius in environmental disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I swear these incidencies of tankards leaking oil is being done on purpose over recent years! Seems to happen more often than not.

Why are vessels carrying oil over dangerous waters?? Must be other ways or other routes?

This has happened close to Mauritius which is one of the Worlds Lavish Islands with clear blue seas or at least did have clear blue seas until this incident.

A ship that ran aground off the coast of Mauritius has leaked more than 1,000 tonnes of crude oil into the Indian Ocean. The island nation has declared a “state of environmental emergency” after the MV Wakashio vessel began to spill out oil at the end of last week. It is estimated the tanker has leaked about 1,300 tonnes of oil into the ocean so far, but it was reportedly carrying up to 4,300 tonnes.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
These ship have very sophisticated nav systems...wtf.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I believe the ship is japanese-owned very big news really very big news here in Asia

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
These tankers are gigantic, for no reason it should have came anywhere close to the area. In today's technological age these situations should be almost entirely preventable.

What's the use trying to save our planet, It's one environmental disaster after another. We're either polluting the air we breathe or the water we drink.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Not here, sorry. We're worried here about masks ...(sarcasm to stress point)...

What may concern you there...is so far removed we just don't care...

And as another member said, you need to tune out, get out and see the outside to get a better picture....for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: StrangeQuark96

Its true... just navigate to calmer waters as i'm sure radar can pick up weather and water patterns from afar and whether there's rocks closeby etc..

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Why did Kramer and Kramerica stop inventing the oil spill proof bladder for oil tankers... Seinfeld was onto something back in the 90's.. haha

but yea, a oil tanker spilling 1000+ tonnes on crude oil into the ocean sounds about right for 2020... this is certainly par for the course/year

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
the international families, rotthschlds, warburgs, etc want to keep selling us oil, even tho so many people have invented improved alternatives.

we are doomed with the sabbateans owning the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I call em as I see em

I reported out on this several days ago.

The Next Shoes to Drop? / Two Supertankers On Verge of Leaking Oil in separate seas

I wonder how many NUKES the NWO has under its control?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna
I think at this point the only way to save earth is if a giant extinction level meteor hits the world's nuclear stock pile.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UnManifested

Thanks for the info. Was interesting read

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Most of the oil has reportedly been pumped out but the The MV Wakashio has now split in two with an estimated 90 tonnes of oil still on board , or not as the case may be.

Greenpeace Africa has warned that "thousands" of animal species were "at risk of drowning in a sea of pollution, with dire consequences for Mauritius's economy, food security and health".

An oceanographer and environmental engineer in Mauritius, Vassen Kauppaymuthoo, told the BBC that local residents were now "breathing heavy vapours of oil", and there was a "mixture of sadness and anger" over the spill.

Police in Mauritius say they have been granted a search warrant, allowing them to board the vessel to take away items of interest such as the ship's log book in order to help with an investigation. The ship's captain will assist officers with their search.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Man people are stupid. Why even bring that tanker in a protected ecosystem? I bet if we started killing the people responsible for these acts there would be a lot less of these occurrences.
edit on 19-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
This makes me sick. This has nothing to do with Trump, but it's an example of why I dislike him, his policies of deregulating the biggest polluters..they will police themselves.........................................sure they will

new topics

top topics

join