It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All ATS Members / Check your Desktop Network to see if a BlockChain Device is Connected to Modem!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Waterglass

Zero bitcoin miners here. I know what all those devices are.

I'm not sure that screen is what OP is complaining about. All you are showing is the number of networks that your WiFi router can detect. When I show that screen all I see is my neighbors' networks. I used to label mine "FBI Surveillance Van" just to mess with the neighbors, but the only one who ever called me on it was my grandson. I believe OP is talking about direct connects to his router, though they are probably virtual. In any case, YOUR networks available screen doesn't count for HIS router. If he IS seeing his equivalent to your screen then problem solved, though he could have been more clear about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My fridge was talking to me so I put a giant tinfoil hat on the thing. I can still hear it but it's only mumbles now and not detailed instructions on how to murder the dishwasher.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My fridge was talking to me so I put a giant tinfoil hat on the thing. I can still hear it but it's only mumbles now and not detailed instructions on how to murder the dishwasher.

That's odd, I got a phone call about 5 minutes ago about my refrigerator running or some crap and the next thing I know the dishwasher keeled over and died with a bunch of Tide pods jammed in its hole. I went and checked to see if the fridge was running and instead of the crushed ice logo on the ice maker it was a gawd damm decepticon image.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I knew someone with a simular problem back in 2000

There motherboard had a virus in the bios that would install itself to the o/s was made bye the fbi to spy on the guy very complex stuff

We could never could find the virus but we did fix the problem with some seroquel best thing they had at the time but it fixed the poor guys computer problems over night

True storie from back when I use to fix computers they really bring the worst out in people with paranoia issues

edit on 9-8-2020 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No...that was my router management page showing the devices currently and previously connected to my network. The top one was my phone that I was using to make my post, the second one was my computer, the third was a playstation. No other devices have been connected to my network, hence why three show up. This page is from my router itself. It literally shows me everything that is and has been on my network. Period. I can go in and look at every incoming and outgoing request on my network, zero of them are connecting to any suspicious or bitcoin miney looking addresses. Op stated, there were hidden bitcoin mining devices using my network. I don't give a # about what windows network manager says, I want to look at everything on my network I look at my #ing router..

edit on 9/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
I didn't connect fridge Samsung did. WITHOUT my knowledge or permission.

Ummm... can't happen without entering the password - unless maybe you haven't disabled UPNP, which is one of the first things you should always do, right after changing the admin password on the router.

One of many reason I would never rent a router from the provider, always buy/use your own.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've read your OP several times and haven't found any clue to what made you surmise your router is mining cryptocurrency. You would need some fancy network analysis to confirm that your router is connecting to other mining pools and peer nodes. I had heard that there are exploits to enable intruders to use botnets for mining cryptocoin, but using a router with very low processing power would be futile.

Keep in mind that for DirecTV access, //an additional device connecting to your network is required for certain programming features//. It's called like a Cinema Connection kit or the like; it's needed to permit you to order pay per view and movies. I often saw this device on my LAN when I had DirecTV.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A similar thing happens with cameras. When I bought mine they were sending vast amounts of info from my network to a chinese province.

I suggest any ATS member to unplug your cameras from your network if you've bought any in the last couple years. I only caught it by accident. And they were real sneaky peeky like when uploading the data.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Op. Open your router. Modify the hardware to disable its ability to do that automatically. you can do this by making a bypass of the part in the router. warning,do nto do this unless you can rebuild the router or have a degree in their creation.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was all over this a couple years ago.
edit on 9-8-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

....as been on my network. Period. I can go in and look at every incoming and outgoing request on my network, zero of them are connecting to any suspicious or bitcoin miney looking addresses. Op stated, there were hidden bitcoin mining devices using my network. I don't give a # about what windows network manager says, I want to look at everything on my network I look at my #ing router..

So who bloody cares? This thread is not about YOU and YOUR NETWORK. It's about OP's. That YOU don't have anything connected to YOUR network is irrelevant to this discussion. Nobody asked about YOUR network. And you telling us about YOUR network does absolutely nothing to clarify, help, or fix OP's issue. If OP was having car trouble would you pipe up to say YOUR car is running fine so what is his problem?
edit on 8/9/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You're so cool.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How many times do you have to kick it to get a decent flow of water?

I tried to put an aluminum foil hat on mine, but it was, unfortunately, running at the time.
edit on 9-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

All ATS Members / Check your Desktop Network to see if a BlockChain Device is Connected to Modem!

Literally the title of the thread, bolding by me for emphasis. #ing reading comprehension these days I swear...
edit on 9/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Literally the title of the thread, bolding by me for emphasis. #ing reading comprehension these days I swear...

In other words, you drank the kool aid. Congrats. There are 169,000 members of ATS who have bothered to post at all. Quick everyone! Post what is NOT on your network so OP can see there isn't anything to see. That will surely help him!
edit on 8/9/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Op. Open your router. Modify the hardware to disable its ability to do that automatically. you can do this by making a bypass of the part in the router. warning,do nto do this unless you can rebuild the router or have a degree in their creation.

Ah yes, the ever-so coveted "router creation" degree.

For those of you that do know networking basics, please don't feed the OPs delusion. For those that don't, OP included, perhaps educate yourself on the basics to see how absurd this is.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yup, I actually chose to participate in a thread, respond to the title and the op, contribute to the community with what was asked for...and people wonder why this site's dying....

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: yuppa

Ah yes, the ever-so coveted "router creation" degree.

For those of you that do know networking basics, please don't feed the OPs delusion. For those that don't, OP included, perhaps educate yourself on the basics to see how absurd this is.

Pffttt.. aww man. dont give the joke away.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Oh really. I have the screen shots of what I sent to the FBI on this matter. I also emailed the ATT Regional Manager yesterday. Its in their Router. I also ran the test from my wife's Desktop.

The chances that someone is using YOUR router and YOUR refrigerator to do crypto money transfers is so close to zero that the idea is laughable.

Strange isn't it. I never wrote implied or said that. You did spinner. Then you do a 180 and make it like I wrote that. I must have really found something haven't I

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Never once have your ever debated the issue. I must be spot on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join