It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the Club of Rome and a 1973 computer have in common

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I came across this computer program which was run on a 1973 computer, its uncanny how the prediction pans out when it comes to 2020 the data , that they put in must have been pretty accurate. Which makes it strange that at a critical time quality of life and a few more of natural curves on the graph seem to reach this present juncture. Especially with the club of Rome and the present state of affairs.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Asktheanimals because: embedded video

edit on 9-8-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
1) A program in 1973 had to use known factors in 1973 , thus 48 years back level to this day .
2) Most PCs today have at least as much power as the sum total of ALL computers in 1973 . (at least in the US in 73)
3) As far as programming languages for predictions , '73 would be probably considered Mesozoic compared to today's .

It sounds good , but does not meet the merit.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Well if things keep going the way they are,
we can all foresee this.

But that "program" you mention
certainly could not. www.youtube.com...

S&F All the same. Pump up The Volume.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Interesting they would peg the year 2020 as the critical period when population and pollution would exceed natural limits, leading to depopulation and a crash in quality of life. I can clearly see it from here the way things are going.

I read the Limits of Growth which was a book put out by the Club of Rome back in the 1970's and it was the first thing I ever read that made me question our collective future. Their predictions such as no drinking water by the year 2000 obviously went disastrously wrong thank God as well as many others. In retrospect I think the whole book was basically bunk but this video seems to be directly on track 4 decades later.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Isn't this video just based on the story from an old Anime about a group of time travelers looking for an old PC that could run software from before everybody went over to the X86 instruction set?

It sounds like a fan-project video.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Interesting they would peg the year 2020 as the critical period when population and pollution would exceed natural limits, leading to depopulation and a crash in quality of life. I can clearly see it from here the way things are going.

I read the Limits of Growth which was a book put out by the Club of Rome back in the 1970's and it was the first thing I ever read that made me question our collective future. Their predictions such as no drinking water by the year 2000 obviously went disastrously wrong thank God as well as many others. In retrospect I think the whole book was basically bunk but this video seems to be directly on track 4 decades later.

I'm an older member, people have been making predictions like this attached to specific dates since before I was born. If you look hard enough you can probably find one that gets close to the current year for whatever year you were in when you looked.

Predictions of peak oil, global cooling, population meltdown, and environmental collapse have been doing the rounds for generations. Each time some new innovation has come along and messed up all of the predictions. The last one being Fracking, it destroyed all previous calculations based on peak oil.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
considering the globbalists have had their protocols set for centuries, all of this 'predicting the future' is gibberish.

when i read the literature that protocoled for a new american civvil war, i was thinking, how could they possibly do it?

well 2020 shows me, these people can get anything they want.

they play long ball, they have established their do as i say not as i do rules centuries ago, and to implement their plans, they do not mind waiting. plus they own all the wealth, resources, and land, so they will have fun time implementing their scams upon the world, living it up as they enslave the peoples.

they want a two class system. them and us.

they have all the money, and like joey pants in the matrix, they can easily pay off traitors to live like them, and have these traitors sell us on their protocols.

after reading the literature, and seeing what they accomplished in 2020, my assessment is, even if we somehow postpone their evil schemes, they will eventually get it.

we the peoples, are screwed.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This makes me think of psychohistory from asimov.

Maybe we are all more predictable than we like to think.

top topics

join