It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates is spending $150 million to try to make a coronavirus vaccine as cheap as $3

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Some more positive news. Getting sick of all the negativity surrounding COVID19 so good to come across this stuff. Bill Gates, doing a heck more than the talking Rs and Ds in DC!!:

Gates on Friday said that he and his foundation would spend $150 million to distribute vaccines, if they are found, to some of the world's poorest people. It's one of the largest financial commitments for coronavirus response to date from Gates, the world's second-richest person. The Gates Foundation is handing the money to the Serum Institute, the largest manufacturer of vaccines globally by volume, to produce 100 million doses that would cost at most just $3 each.

Gates has been among the foremost leaders on vaccine production over the last two decades, spending $4 billion on the global vaccine development effort known as Gavi. And for months, the billionaire has expressed profound worries that while rich countries may fare okay at surviving the coronavirus, that the pandemic will devastate poor countries that can't afford to administer the treatment, whenever it arrives.

Source

I have no doubt there'd be a number of medical bodies, individuals with full intentions of reaping the maximum financial benefit out of this vaccine. Thankfully there are people out there conscious enough to step in for our most vulnerable. Fauci already stated there could be a vaccine as early as the start of 2021 so with the help of influencial individuals, we could get a wide spread delivery of these vaccines in time to prevent any further economic damage.

Also, a positive to capitalism in action. It can't resolve all our issues, but this is an example of when private individuals take initiative.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Bill Gates never does something for nothing. There is an ulterior motive for this.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What's 3 times 7.5 billion? Gosh. What altruism.

a reply to: Southern Guardian

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

3 dollars for your soul. What a deal.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Bill Gate's garage probably costs $150M.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Bill Gate's garage probably costs $150M.

His least expensive garage probably costs $150 M.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Gates only initiative clearly to produce a vaccine that will
be forced on every living human being. A low price just makes
it that much more viable. why do you think he is called a leader
instead of a contributor? He has no professional qualifications or
training in any field to be considered a foremost leader to any
part of vaccine production.

Gates has been among the foremost leaders on vaccine production over the last two decades, spending $4 billion on the global vaccine development effort known as Gavi.

100% eugenicist.
edit on 8-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Unleash a rushed 3 dollar vaccine on 7.8 billion people get ready for unknown side effects and deaths, before they even half way figure it out. Likely more deaths than COVID itself

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Awesome post, S&F! My friend, you are a total glutton for punishment. You make these wonderful posts that are smart, use common sense, and are not quoting some fringe thing. Then the peanut gallery chimes in and within their little bubble, rips you to shreds. I am on your side and feel the same way you do.

Check your PM’s.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What's 3 times 7.5 billion?

He only charging 3 bucks apiece in the poorer countries, 3 bucks could be a years pay in those countries .... What do you think the rest will pay.... You get the double dose and literary pay for the whole nefarious operation , he eventually gets his interest-free money back, all the while deducting that money and interest he could of made from taxes ... Then your taxes go up to make up for the lost revenue from the whole shell game ...

edit on 8-8-2020 by provocateur because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Awesome post, S&F! My friend, you are a total glutton for punishment. You make these wonderful posts that are smart, use common sense, and are not quoting some fringe thing. Then the peanut gallery chimes in and within their little bubble, rips you to shreds. I am on your side and feel the same way you do.

Check your PM’s.

You don't understand Gates. I've been watching him since the late 80s and I am not kidding about what I said.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am not going to take the covid vaccine till I see if it has side effects. It is at most sixty percent effective even if it works at detering covid 19...meaning, you can still get the virus but not too bad. So the forty percent where it doesn't work, they will be confident they are protected and actually will not think they have the disease when in fact they did get it because they thought they were protected.

I'll wait to see what happens, observe the idiotic test subjects that will take the vaccine when it comes out. No matter what, I will social distance and wear a mask when out in public.

I do not fear the disease as much as the irrational response people have about this disease.....both sides, the fearful people and those who do not take precautions at all are problems. It is easily spread and it can cause ten percent of the people who get it great harm.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings SG; thanks for this post.

Since Mr Gates recently mentioned that "in reality" several vaccine inoculations will be required to defeat covid-19 virus.

This is probably referring to a true vaccine only working one certain mutation of the covid-19 virus.

7.5 billion people on Earth....times "several injections"@ $3 each.....is one heck of profit margin on a $150 million investment...

In the USA, what is a doctor office visit now? And that is just the beginning..Dare I say, well over $100 USD to get ONE of these vaccines, if and when they come out?

Lots of severe side effects being experienced by some of these vaccine trials...

And already, legal protection from lawsuits etc from any "victims" of vaccine reactions, or side effects.

Mr Gates, probably ordering his new super yacht as we read these words. Nah, he is ordering a super yacht navy I reckon....a real convoy not seen since WW2.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Outstanding response....

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am in no way saying that others should not take this vaccine. I want to make this clear. It is your decision whether you take a vaccine or not, it is your right to choose your health care, not mine. I am just trying to inform people of the sixty percent rate they expect for protection with this vaccine so they do not get over confident. Also informing people that side effects will be occurring, and since it is being rushed, these side effects may not be known for a year afterwards. Hitting one target point on a virus that can mutate might just force evolution of this virus and cause multiple mutations over time.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

3 dollars for your soul. What a deal.

He'll have to find it first. And Satan already wants no
part of it. Besides, after the last ten or so years three
bucks would be an overvalued dream.

I agree with the Joker and Bill before the last bout of
reachy greed:
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings Ricky.... exactly mate.. you said it.

Info I am seeing on the Meridian vaccine trials is that antibodies produced disappear after 2 or 3 months.. meaning you would need another shot to get antibodies going again.

And what about the 8 known mutations circling the globe so far.. ?

COVID-19: Mutating coronavirus ‘now has eight strains’

Wouldn't there need to be a seperate vaccine for each known mutation??

it gets pretty crazy when you think about it... my personal doctor has big reservations on the vaccine, and especially the hurry without long trials for side effects, etc.

Yep, me too, wait and watch.... hope for the best for everyone... but no shot for me.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Which of these www.worldometers.info... are poor, being hit hard by Covid-19, and should therefore get the $3 vaccine first?

edit on 8/8/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join