It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I just torturing my dog? ...updated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

anytime, DDD!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Sorry man,

I know the depths of this pain.

I pray they are in a better place waiting for us.

I choose to believe we will see them again.

Thank you

As do I; its funny I'm not a very religious or spiritual person. But over the years I've had to many "coincidental" things occur regarding loved ones who've passed on that I believe there is something beyond this life.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I disagree. If you have ever loved a dog -- and you do -- you are a spiritual person.

I choose to believe that pets have souls and those gone before us have transitioned to another plane. I have known several people who have "felt" their pets after they have died. I am one of them. A person could choose to construe those perceptions as a deep desire to connect to a lost pet. That is certainly a possibility. I have a certainty within me that doesn't care what other people think about it; I know my loved ones are still there in some form.

You may experience feelings of guilt. You did the right thing. You saw it was time and you made a hard choice. You can never replace your dog. You may, in time, choose another that can live with you and love you just the same.

Much re-spect.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have to agree with argentus.
You are a spiritual person.

One doesn't have to attend church or belong to an organized religion to be spiritual, to be in communion with the Creator.
As you say those "episodes" were not coincidences or frauds but proof of life on another plane.
I've had several similar.
I had a friend who was saved from street violence by an angel.

When Emily was terminal, the vet talked to us and told us that we would see her again one day.
I truly believe him.
I know Emily has "visited" me more than once, in several ways. Most of these were in the first two years after she died.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That's really heartbreaking.

I've had my share of pets die, some in my arms naturally, some put down, so I know how hard it is to make these decisions when you love something so much.

My biggest issue with euthanasia is the pet passing in an unfamiliar place, which makes me wish more vets would make house calls for that very reason.

Deep down, I feel that they will one day understand that we loved them so much we didn't want them to suffer any longer...and I have at least one or two regrets in not doing so, so I hope they have forgiven me.

There's always a pet or two we never get over.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I had the most wonderful dog a Husky-shepherd mix looked like a big wolf, super smart, funny, independent but always there when it was time for a little belly rubbing.

Tarabas was his name and it got so bad he was not able to walk anymore and I will hate myself eternally that I didn't let go sooner, I believed too long the operation, the meds all the things we tried will work and eventually it didn't.

I hope he forgives me.

He was so cool, one time we had a BBQ everybody sitting around the table, the neighbour's dog were there too everybody had a good time and suddenly out of nowhere that bastard stands in the middle of the table grabs what he could get and is gone again.
It took everybody a bit before anybody could react he was too fast.

But also a really good boy we made little trips and he would just sit between my legs and let everybody admire him how beautiful and sweet he was.
He was also a really good soccer player, no kidding, he actually figured out what the game was about.
And I just loved it when I woke up in the morning and he was there as soon as I opened my eyes he made me smile.

Dogs are wonderful.
But he was my "soul puppy".

And of course sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Emily's spirit found us.
She visited quite often months months after she passed, which was a huge comfort to me.
And, we have her ashes.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It is so hard, that they are only with us for such a short time really, compared to our live spans.
Yet, like with us, we keep doing it, over and over.
They are just amazing, giving so much love, in such a short time.

When my own end comes, I hope they are all there, waiting with tails wagging, and lots of kisses.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It is so hard, that they are only with us for such a short time really, compared to our live spans.
Yet, like with us, we keep doing it, over and over.
They are just amazing, giving so much love, in such a short time.

When my own end comes, I hope they are all there, waiting with tails wagging, and lots of kisses.

Billy Graham said our beloved pets will be there.

To me, if my animals aren’t there. It wouldn’t be Heaven.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join