It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Phoenix Cops Kill Man after Responding to Noise Complaint over Video Game

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The difference between a bullet and an American police officer is that when a bullet kills someone for no reason you know it's been fired.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

OK got it.

One thing I'm seeing in everyone posts is some not realizing the view the officer who did the shooting had. He saw someone step out facing away towards his partner, with a weapon behind him, then swing his arm around like he would to shoot and then go out of view of him, which is why he stepped forward. Had the guy intended on shooting his partner, and he did not shoot, his partner was toast. All in a split second.

The alternative to that is of course he knowingly murdered him just because he could. I'm not seeing that in the video.

As to answering a door armed out of fear. Like I mentioned, the only people that fearful are expecting trouble. The way he came out that door he was expecting trouble IMO. May have even heard the cops announce. Impossible to say.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

once you knew for a fact it was police officers knocking on your door

Hearing "Open up, it's the police!" at your door isn't "knowing for a fact" in any way these days.

Yeah maybe... but I’m pretty sure he realized it was in fact the police after he opened the door.

But then he still decided it’d be a good idea to reach for his weapon.

The pistol was in his hand when he opened the door, he was reaching to put it and himself on the ground...

Damn, admittedly I totally missed that.

What kind of idiot would answer the door all aggressively like that, gun in hand, when it was obviously just someone complaining about the noise.

One of the farmers a few years back had someone knocking on his door one night saying it was the (town name) police and he needed him to open the door, when the farmer asked who are you the guy again said police then the farmer sent a few rounds through the door killing the person, no , it was not a local police officer because we don't have a town police officer we have a county sheriff, he was known to the sheriff's office as a local meth head and criminal.

Better to be judged by 12.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy
The neighbour made a false domestic violence report?

If so, If I was a family member of Whitaker, my new lifes mission would be, bury that neighbour.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Personally, I would identify whose at the door before opening. If I don't identify them and open the door... I feel I'm endangering everyone's lives in the house and it's on me if anyone is killed including myself.

If he feels the need to grab a firearm and open the door exposing his vital organs... I mean c'mon dude. That's a suicide by cop. You feel threatened enough to grab a lethal weapon then poke your belly at people holding weapons, seriously?!?!? The second you step out of the door with it while seeing police with weapons drawn, you're dog food. Tucking it behind your leg? Wearing black shorts so they can't see it clearly????

Might as well have blown your brains out before the belly flop thing he did and made those pig noises... let's be honest. He was definitely asking for it. Your family's life is possibly endangered? Double bolt the door. Call the police. Everyone gather in a safe spot, don't make a sound. Doing the John Wayne stuff this John Wayne did is only going to get you John Wayne'd.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: chr0naut

Also, a chain on the door would have allowed him to answer and respond to whomever is outside without exposing his family to a potential malefactor and he would also have had time to identify that they were the police.

I'm 6'5" 280 what is that chain going to do? lol I just kicked in your chained door and I'm coming at you with a hammer what are you going to do?

The reactions of those cops is what I been saying over and over...its got nothing to do with BLM, it is how cops should initiate the proper level of force to begin with and they need to deescalate once the situation has changed.

How about this... Police...guy answers the door... Police! put the gun down... The guy puts the gun on the ground and the cops say..come forward step away from the gun...the guy does it then the cops can secure the gun and then deescalate down to asking questions...at the end the cops hand the gun back to the guy and move on.

Well, that's called being logical and that's not very popular these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

The difference between a bullet and an American police officer is that when a bullet kills someone for no reason you know it's been fired.

Wow, haven't heard that one before. What a zinger.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I don't know saw this video last night. No way should the guy got shot, but I could have swore the door had a peephole. Look out see how is they if it's a cop put your gun away. Damn sure don't open the door with a gun in your hand.

Aloha!
As someone who has been through 4 police raids, that's not how it works. Had he looked through the peephole he would of just saw a flashlight held to the door, as the article says they place themselves to the sides etc.

This guy did everything right and the cops #ed up big time.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

One thing I'm seeing in everyone posts is some not realizing the view the officer who did the shooting had. He saw someone step out facing away towards his partner, with a weapon behind him, then swing his arm around like he would to shoot and then go out of view of him, which is why he stepped forward. Had the guy intended on shooting his partner, and he did not shoot, his partner was toast. All in a split second.

The alternative to that is of course he knowingly murdered him just because he could. I'm not seeing that in the video.

As to answering a door armed out of fear. Like I mentioned, the only people that fearful are expecting trouble. The way he came out that door he was expecting trouble IMO. May have even heard the cops announce. Impossible to say.

How about the alternative of that the cop saw the gun and pulled his gun and shot within about a second without the guy doing anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

originally posted by: lostbook

This is just so wrong on so many levels. They didn't have to kill him. The man was surrendering and they still shot him.

Police get killed everyday in this situation. He didn't drop the gun but he should have not answered the door with it regardless. Many videos of people acting like they are surrendering and they in fact do not. The police have an 8th of a second to call it. They don't have your luxury of analyzing it after the fact from different angles then call it...meh.

Ahhh, so when the cops show up (assuming he even heard them announce themselves) you lose your second amendment right. Got it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The cops identified themselves as police when knocking on the door. Which is common practice for pretty much all LEO's when getting called out for noise complaints, domestic disturbances, etc.
Yeah, it is horrible that the guy was gunned down in his doorway in front of his woman and neighbors. It's tragic. But honestly, if the cops bang on your door and have identified themselves as law enforcement it's maybe not the smartest idea to answer the door with a firearm. Yes, maybe he "appeared to be putting the gun down", but most cops aren't going to roll the dice and take that chance. Especially in today's climate. If this guy had any reason to believe that the cops were lying when they identified themselves, it is his right to ask for identification. Maybe ask them to step into the line of sight of his peephole and flash badges, or if there's a chain lock on your door ask them to show ID through the gap in the door.
I'm not trying to victim blame or shame, truly. I'm just saying that opening your door to the police with a gun in your hand is asking for trouble.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

The cops identified themselves as police when knocking on the door. Which is common practice for pretty much all LEO's when getting called out for noise complaints, domestic disturbances, etc.
Yeah, it is horrible that the guy was gunned down in his doorway in front of his woman and neighbors. It's tragic. But honestly, if the cops bang on your door and have identified themselves as law enforcement it's maybe not the smartest idea to answer the door with a firearm. Yes, maybe he "appeared to be putting the gun down", but most cops aren't going to roll the dice and take that chance. Especially in today's climate. If this guy had any reason to believe that the cops were lying when they identified themselves, it is his right to ask for identification. Maybe ask them to step into the line of sight of his peephole and flash badges, or if there's a chain lock on your door ask them to show ID through the gap in the door.
I'm not trying to victim blame or shame, truly. I'm just saying that opening your door to the police with a gun in your hand is asking for trouble.

I love it how you all assume he heard the cops (other than banging on the door) and makes excuses for them committing another senseless murder. You all should move to North Korea or Saudi Arabia. You don't even have to make excuses there. Mess with authority, get killed. You would love it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait
It's kind of interesting some of the righties seen to love authoritarian bullsh%t

edit on 8-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Did you watch the video?
I love it how you assume that he didn't hear them and that it's perfectly normal for people to answer the door with a firearm in hand, and that cops just really get off on the "senseless" murdering of... well anyone, apparently. Maybe the officers took that call and conspired to make sure they couldn't be clearly identified so that they could position themselves to get another alleged wife-beating SOB out of the gene pool and satiate their bloodlust at the same time! Even with body cams. With audio!
Sounds ridiculous, right?
Outrageously so.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

I've had various law enforcement agencies visit my house and not once have they identified themselves when they came knocking.

They park somewhere out of site sneak up to the front door and knock. I don't know it's a cop unless I came see them from the window, which is rather rare since they don't make a habit of standing in front of windows around here.

Also, where I live it's pretty normal to answer the door with a gun in hand or at least nearby.

People don't come visit unless they've called me and asked if they could come over.

And that's not just me, but damn near everyone I know. So, I don't know what fantasy land you live where you're okay with unwarranted visitord snooping around your property or trying to pay a visit late at night.

And yeah, I've answered the door with a gun in my hand when it's law enforcement knocking. I keep the door cracked, and the gun out of sight, but it's there and they know not to barge in without a warrant.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Slinki

I've had various law enforcement agencies visit my house and not once have they identified themselves when they came knocking.

They park somewhere out of site sneak up to the front door and knock. I don't know it's a cop unless I came see them from the window, which is rather rare since they don't make a habit of standing in front of windows around here.

Also, where I live it's pretty normal to answer the door with a gun in hand or at least nearby.

People don't come visit unless they've called me and asked if they could come over.

And that's not just me, but damn near everyone I know. So, I don't know what fantasy land you live where you're okay with unwarranted visitord snooping around your property or trying to pay a visit late at night.

And yeah, I've answered the door with a gun in my hand when it's law enforcement knocking. I keep the door cracked, and the gun out of sight, but it's there and they know not to barge in without a warrant.

What in the world! Who has regular visits from various law enforcement at their house unless they are dealing drug or hiding runaways? Are you dealing? Asking for a friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

Did you watch the video?
I love it how you assume that he didn't hear them and that it's perfectly normal for people to answer the door with a firearm in hand, and that cops just really get off on the "senseless" murdering of... well anyone, apparently. Maybe the officers took that call and conspired to make sure they couldn't be clearly identified so that they could position themselves to get another alleged wife-beating SOB out of the gene pool and satiate their bloodlust at the same time! Even with body cams. With audio!
Sounds ridiculous, right?
Outrageously so.

Yea, I did watch the video of that coward cop shoot a man in the back. He could barely even see the gun and he just went ape s#it and murdered a man for no reason. Shot him IN THE BACK point blank rage as the man was going to his knees and complying!

There is no way to know one way or another if they guy heard the police announce themselves or just heard banging on the door. I'm suggesting we keep an open mind in defense of the victim but I know that's not done on ATS. Just apologize for violent murdering police.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Various reasons, none that include drugs.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I try to be unbiased as possible, so here are my thoughts.

1st. That cop needs to be reviewed, I don’t believe many people could justify that shooting.

However......

2 months ago, I had a knock on my door at around 3:30am.
I woke up as another knock came.

Understand, my driveway is 200 yds long, uphill.

I quickly grabbed my shotgun and went to the door, but

I DIDN’T OPEN THE DOOR!

I talked to the person thru the locked door, and come to find out it was a kid riding his bike home, and he had gotten a flat tire.
I had coached him in baseball years back and he remembered where I lived.
(I did not even ask why he was out at 3:30, didn’t want to know.)

Question is, why would someone go charging out their door armed, without knowing what was waiting on the other side?

Either way, dude didn’t deserve to die.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

your link is 404.

Works fine for me.

Might have just been a temporary glitch. Happen to me sometimes when posting a link to a news article that's "hot off the presses" and a lot of people are clicking on it trying to read it. It then usually sorts itself out quickly, and all is well.

edit on 8/10/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join