It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Phoenix Cops Kill Man after Responding to Noise Complaint over Video Game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You can't even see what the guy is doing with his right hand. How does anybody know he was dropping the gun just because he was kneeling?

The video doesn't show how he was pointing the gun, and all the article says is that because he began to kneel, it appeared he was probably dropping the gun. But, that is not shown in the video.

God bless our cops. They put their very lives in their hands every time they make one of these calls.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: infolurker

On ATS, I have posted previously at the threat to your person that owning a gun constitutes because everyone else sees you as a threat if you are holding a firearm.

Guns, as self protection, don't work that way.

For one thing, they are far too frequently suicide machines.

The 2nd was about militiamen as a counter to tyranny. They can't possibly work that way, either.

Well, then, the first thing we need to do is take the guns away from the cowardly crapsacks that would shoot a kneeling man in the back. The Constitution says The People have the right to bear arms, not The Government.

The more I read stories like this the more I am convinced that if I'm ever on a jury where anyone is accused of any crime against a cop, I'm going to vote for an acquittal. Even if the prosecution has video of someone breaking into a cops house and gunning him down while he sleeps, not guilty. After all, the cop would probably get away with it. He wouldn't even go to trial.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is a tough one. Why would anyone answer the door with a gun in their hand after hearing the police announce themselves if not to shoot a cop?

Without minimizing the questionable actions of the cops:

1) Lack of empathy for your neighbors

2) Playing mindless video games (probably violent ones). Could be learning a valuable skillset instead.

3) Answering door with gun

4) With shirt off

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You ought to have to walk in the shoes of a law enforcement officer for a few months. Sure, there are probably some bad apples, but to paint cops with the broad brush you just painted them with is vile.

Literally, they deal with dregs of society. If you think that description is "racist" or any other "ist" you want to put on it, it matters not. It is the truth. Society is full of low-lifes.

I'm not saying this guy was or was not a low-life, but the cops had to enter an uncertain scene where the lyin' sack o' $#it neighbor said he would say it was getting physical if that's what it took for law enforcement to be sent out.

So, the cops were given the info that it was a violent situation to begin with. The cops aren't the ones hearing the complainer. They just receive whatever the dispatcher gives them. They announced themselves as "Phoenix police" and the guy still threw open the door holding a gun.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I’m sorry, but in this instance that guy got exactly what he was asking for.

Firstly, if you live in an apartment building and are making a loud noise at 11 o’clock at night, then who the hell else do you think would be knocking on your door apart from an angry neighbour, or the police?

So why arm yourself in the first place?

Secondly, even if you were stupid enough to arm yourself in that situation... why on earth would you even attempt to reach for your weapon, once you knew for a fact it was police officers knocking on your door, who were clearly already on edge, for whatever reason?

This guy was an idiot and just got a gold medal Darwin Award, as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

My first thought was he was expecting to need a gun. Why he thought that would go a long ways towards explaining it. It would be interesting to know his prior history.

People who are that paranoid generally have a reason to be that way.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You actually believe a cop should stand in front of a peephole where they think a domestic violence case is in progress, and make themselves an easy target. No cop is paid that much.

We pay that bill... cops lately don't seem to be giving us our money's worth, honestly. Part of the reason we pay that bill is to put a stop to the horse# seen in places like Seattle and Portland, the fact that it isn't happening has me strongly rethinking the value e receive for our investment as taxpayers.

Aside from that, the cops believe "It's the police!!!" is all that's needed to make any American bend over and say 'Ahh," so yeah, I think it is very reasonable to expect the police to take the "risk" of fully presentlng themselves for identification anytime they are knocking on a door to a private residence or business. They're cops, not kings or gods... I think they can go ahead and either take the risks here or find a different line of work for themselves. This is spurned entirely from the FACT that each of us common citizens have been told by the highest court in the land that our personal defense is our personal responsibility... therefore, the cops' personal defense is also their responsibility, meaning no citizen should be expected to risk life and limb on the chance/probability that it's actually a cop pounding on their door in the night rather than some thug.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

None of that is illegal and your #2 is absolutely an "OK Boomer."

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
once you knew for a fact it was police officers knocking on your door

Hearing "Open up, it's the police!" at your door isn't "knowing for a fact" in any way these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

On ATS, I have posted previously at the threat to your person that owning a gun constitutes because everyone else sees you as a threat if you are holding a firearm.

Guns, as self protection, don't work that way.

For one thing, they are far too frequently suicide machines.

The 2nd was about militiamen as a counter to tyranny. They can't possibly work that way, either.

Well, then, the first thing we need to do is take the guns away from the cowardly crapsacks that would shoot a kneeling man in the back. The Constitution says The People have the right to bear arms, not The Government.

The more I read stories like this the more I am convinced that if I'm ever on a jury where anyone is accused of any crime against a cop, I'm going to vote for an acquittal. Even if the prosecution has video of someone breaking into a cops house and gunning him down while he sleeps, not guilty. After all, the cop would probably get away with it. He wouldn't even go to trial.

I would propose that instead of disarming the police, who need guns to defend against armed criminals, that instead, the general public have limited, and controlled, access to firearms.

If the victim in this encounter had no gun, then he probably would still be alive.

Also, a chain on the door would have allowed him to answer and respond to whomever is outside without exposing his family to a potential malefactor and he would also have had time to identify that they were the police.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Wow that just horrible still the cops had no reason to shoot the guy. Gun in hand definitely ramps it up

I have asked these questions a number of times... Is holding a gun illegal? Is answering your door with a gun in your hand an illegal act? Were the cops answering a call of a crime in progress?

Do we assume everyone wants to kill everyone so the smallest flinch is a death sentence?

Go spend some time in countries where everyone has an AK down to 8 year olds...lol

edit on 7-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You would propose destroying the 2nd Amendment enumerated Rights of Americans and you would do so while demonstrating why most of us are beyond pleased that you're not an American.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Hearing "Open up, it's the police!" at your door isn't "knowing for a fact" in any way these days.

Yeah maybe... but I’m pretty sure he realized it was in fact the police after he opened the door.

But then he still decided it’d be a good idea to reach for his weapon.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Who's gonna March and protest for this guy?
Who's gonna burn down stores and rip statues outta the ground for him?
Anyone heading down to the precinct to force the officers to evac, so looters can take it down?

Nope!
Because hes M F'n white.
Doesn't fit the current agenda.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah maybe... but I’m pretty sure he realized it was in fact the police after he opened the door.

But then he still decided it’d be a good idea to reach for his weapon.

The pistol was in his hand when he opened the door, he was reaching to put it and himself on the ground...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
what a dumb cop. and people wonder why everyone hates cops.

look at this idiot. bangs a door and shoots the guy for answering.

thanks for protecting and serving!

worlds most dangerous gang.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Who's gonna March and protest for this guy?
Who's gonna burn down stores and rip statues outta the ground for him?
Anyone heading down to the precinct to force the officers to evac, so looters can take it down?

Nope!
Because hes M F'n white.
Doesn't fit the current agenda.

...and we Caucasians do a piss poor job of standing up for our victims versus pretty much every non-Caucasian group in the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are common protocols that should be followed when you have a weapon and a law enforcement officer approaches. People should learn them. Cops deserve respect and they should expect every law-abiding citizen that carries a weapon to follow certain protocols. If you don't know them, learn them if you're going to carry. This is for your own protection and also that of the police officer. Common respect.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

This is a tough one. Why would anyone answer the door with a gun in their hand after hearing the police announce themselves if not to shoot a cop?

Without minimizing the questionable actions of the cops:

1) Lack of empathy for your neighbors

No excessive noise obvious in the video.

Time on video cameras at the start is recorded as 5:52 in both cases (in spite of the 10:44 time of the second 'phoned in' complaint?).

2) Playing mindless video games (probably violent ones). Could be learning a valuable skillset instead.

Crash Bandicoot?

The game is getting your character around a maze of traps and pitfalls.

Violent?

3) Answering door with gun

Dumb, but entirely legal.

4) With shirt off

I bet this young father even bathed or showered naked and has sex with his partner. What a degenerate!

edit on 7/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Also, a chain on the door would have allowed him to answer and respond to whomever is outside without exposing his family to a potential malefactor and he would also have had time to identify that they were the police.

I'm 6'5" 280 what is that chain going to do? lol I just kicked in your chained door and I'm coming at you with a hammer what are you going to do?

The reactions of those cops is what I been saying over and over...its got nothing to do with BLM, it is how cops should initiate the proper level of force to begin with and they need to deescalate once the situation has changed.

How about this... Police...guy answers the door... Police! put the gun down... The guy puts the gun on the ground and the cops say..come forward step away from the gun...the guy does it then the cops can secure the gun and then deescalate down to asking questions...at the end the cops hand the gun back to the guy and move on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join