It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Phoenix Cops Kill Man after Responding to Noise Complaint over Video Game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow.

Another one of these. How many times do we have to see residents get gunned down because police are deathly afraid for their lives (and that can be used as an excuse)?

Cops knock on door (I guess +1 for them instead of just firing through the house), man answers door armed and can't see who it is because they flashlight him in the face and stepped to the sides of the door so he couldn't see who was out there, he then recognizes them as police, throws up an open hand and starts lowering himself to the ground, 2nd cop puts a few rounds in his back for his compliance and he is dead.

I mean really, just the sight of a citizen with a firearm in their own home is justification to be murdered? Something has got to change.

Video at link:

L ink to article.

"Whoa! Hands! Hands! Hands!" Ferragamo yelled as Whitaker lowered his body with his left hand in the air and his right hand appearing to be putting the gun down.

Cooke then fired three times, shooting him in the back.

Earlier that day, Whitaker had attended his daughter's high school graduation.
edit on 7-8-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2020 by Blaine91555 because: Mod Note: Fixed Link

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

your link is 404.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You said it yourself the Cops are deathly afraid so much so that they shoot first ask questions later, now does this mean the Police should be disbanded and de-funded ?

No of course not , Unfortunately we need the police so what needs to be done is some serious re-training and some serious vetting before hiring someone to be an Armed Police Officer.

If your that scared to be shot or die then you do not need to be a Police officer end of story.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If police don’t properly identify themselves the homeowner shouldn’t be held liable for defending themselves. If a bunch of people start banging on my door the first thing I’m going to do is grab my gun.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't know saw this video last night. No way should the guy got shot, but I could have swore the door had a peephole. Look out see how is they if it's a cop put your gun away. Damn sure don't open the door with a gun in your hand.
edit on 7-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah, cops need better training. That or they need to find a new profession if they can't stay level headed when firearms are involved.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is just so wrong on so many levels. They didn't have to kill him. The man was surrendering and they still shot him.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Talk about being “swat”ed by the upstairs neighbor. False statements of domestic dispute, and cops itchy trigger finger. Tie that in with bad situational awareness by the poor soul, RIP man. Chain of bad events for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They did

'The cops arrived eight minutes later and knocked on the door with one of them yelling "Phoenix police" before both of them stepped off to the side, making it impossible for anybody to see them through the peephole.'

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Headline should read:
Neighbors deceitful 911 call results in police shooting surrendering victim.

Neighbor called the police due to the inability to fall asleep. Twice. Then fabricates domestic battery based on pure conjecture to ensure the polices arrival. Police thus arrive with inaccurate information regarding the situation and presume the situation to be hostile.

In my opinion, the neighbors inaccurate reporting of a situation led to the officers “shoot first” action. However, I do not agree with the officers action. The victim had already began to put one hand up in surrender, other hand dropping the firearm, and began submitting by kneeling. The information presented to the officers put them in a combative mindset when arriving to the residence. The firearm in the victims hand was the confirmation bias I’m sure the officer used to justify the discharge.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No crime is too small for the police to assassinate you in your own home.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

This is just so wrong on so many levels. They didn't have to kill him. The man was surrendering and they still shot him.

Police get killed everyday in this situation. He didn't drop the gun but he should have not answered the door with it regardless. Many videos of people acting like they are surrendering and they in fact do not. The police have an 8th of a second to call it. They don't have your luxury of analyzing it after the fact from different angles then call it...meh.

edit on 7-8-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is a tough one. Why would anyone answer the door with a gun in their hand after hearing the police announce themselves if not to shoot a cop?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is a tough one. Why would anyone answer the door with a gun in their hand after hearing the police announce themselves if not to shoot a cop?

He was playing video games apparently with the volume loud.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It took a lot of stupid on his part to get to the finale but nobody else gets to make a single mistake or bad call in life. Especially not police. They must be 100% perfect at all times. Bet there is a law in those apts about brandishing a weapons outside the front door.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy
Headline should read:
Neighbors deceitful 911 call results in police shooting surrendering victim.

Neighbor called the police due to the inability to fall asleep. Twice. Then fabricates domestic battery based on pure conjecture to ensure the polices arrival. Police thus arrive with inaccurate information regarding the situation and presume the situation to be hostile.

In my opinion, the neighbors inaccurate reporting of a situation led to the officers “shoot first” action. However, I do not agree with the officers action. The victim had already began to put one hand up in surrender, other hand dropping the firearm, and began submitting by kneeling. The information presented to the officers put them in a combative mindset when arriving to the residence. The firearm in the victims hand was the confirmation bias I’m sure the officer used to justify the discharge.

Wow that just horrible still the cops had no reason to shoot the guy. Gun in hand definitely ramps it up

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

On ATS, I have posted previously at the threat to your person that owning a gun constitutes because everyone else sees you as a threat if you are holding a firearm.

Guns, as self protection, don't work that way.

For one thing, they are far too frequently suicide machines.

The 2nd was about militiamen as a counter to tyranny. They can't possibly work that way, either.

edit on 7/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

link   
This is mad, first of all this is sad.

At the same time I’ve seen skepticism when it’s a guy running away from the police unarmed or no police announcement made ...

This country is beyond divided. A child with a BB gun can get killed and cops get a benefit of a doubt vs armed at night after police announced themselves and visible in iniform

link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

originally posted by: lostbook

Police get killed everyday in this situation. He didn't drop the gun but he should have not answered the door with it regardless. Many videos of people acting like they are surrendering and they in fact do not. The police have an 8th of a second to call it. They don't have your luxury of analyzing it after the fact from different angles then call it...meh.

Well, under your reasoning, if you happen to be an armed homeowner, why should you try to comply and surrender if they are going to kill you for being armed anyway?

edit on 7-8-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Because bad people do bad things and lie. Announcing you're police doesn't make it true. Stepping out of sight while saying you're cops seems a bit sketchy. In this situation, I'd answer the door armed too!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join