It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your ufo story?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So, I have been a member for a while now and this is my first topic of my own. Let me start out by saying that the only reason I found this site was because of my sighting. I will try to explain the best I can. There was no rhyme or reason to any of it. I never believed or disbelieved in the topic. I guess I was indifferent.

First, this happened out in rural farm country. I was remodling a home I had bought before I moved in it. I had finished up for the night and I was leaving for the night. It was a fall crisp cool night, around 11. As I was pondering over the projects I had worked on for the night and was planning in my head what I needed to do the next night, I noticed out of the corner of my eye some funny looking lights, or what I thought was lights as I was pulling out of my drive. The lights were probably 200 feet in the air over a field. As I got closer I could see some detail and I stopped. The lights weren't lights at all. It was some type of energy circling a craft. The craft was a saucer. There was no sound, just the craft and its really bright energy field. The caft was probably 100 feet in diameter, so it looked rather large. I was very puzzled and concerned by what I was seeing. I watched it just hanging there for like a few minutes. Then, the energy field became even brighter and it zoomed off. When I say zoomed off I mean within the blink of an eye it was gone. It did not disappear. It was zoomed away leaving a trail of light. This was in the flip phone era and although I had one, I never even thought about zapping a picture. I was just too mesmerized by this thing. I have no reason to lie. It happened. I don't know what it was other then a saucer and in my opinion it did not come from Earth.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbright

Interesting account. Some questions for context.

How much larger was the energy field around the craft, than the craft itself?

What color was the energy field?

How far were you away from it?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Any missing time ?
You should try a hypnosis session for fun.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Interesting account. Some questions for context.

How much larger was the energy field around the craft, than the craft itself?

What color was the energy field?

How far were you away from it?

Thanks!

The energy field was on the craft for lack of a better description.
The colors were mixed like a fire and lightening mixed. So, red, yellow, purple, etc...it was flowing almost like a lava lamp but it was more furious in nature.
I was about 800 feet away.
edit on 5-8-2020 by starlitestarbright because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Any missing time ?
You should try a hypnosis session for fun.

No missing time. I was fully cognizant of the entire event.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
#1 (night): Long story short, I was little and in the back of a car. As we were coming home one night, I saw lights in different colors floating in the sky through the trees. My vision of them was obscured for a minute, but when I could see where they were again, the lights weren't there anymore.
#2 (day): I woke up one morning and went to look outside from my bedroom window since it looked like a nice day out. Right down the road from my house, a black half-oval shaped ufo (flat bottom, round top) was slowly floating above the trees. It wasn't very big, maybe approximately the size of a pickup truck or a car. I couldn't see any features or lights or hear any sounds. I watched it until my view of it was obscured by the trees. This was before call phones, and the only camera we had in the house was this old antique thing and I didn't know where my parents had it, or if it even worked.
#3 (day): I was standing out on the deck smoking a cigarette one day while looking up at the trees. A silver metallic looking sphere went absolutely hauling across the sky at what seemed to be about the same height that planes would occasionally fly. Happened way too fast to get any kind of picture or video, and the only kind of camera I had was a crappy flip phone camera.
#4 (night): I was driving home one night and saw a large bright white light hovering over a field not far from the road. I stopped and put my window down to watch and listen. It made no sound and didn't do anything but hover there. Another car came from the other direction and watched it too. Eventually it just slowly started floating away, and I didn't want to sit on the road all night, so I continued home. I only had a flip phone that had a worthless camera that barely took pictures in ideal conditions.

As for #2, the chances of waking up at the exact moment to see an obvious ufo slowly floating away in broad daylight right down the road from my house seems rather astronomical (no pun intended). I always wondered if I had some connection to it.
edit on 8/5/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was around 10-12. My parents had a vacation cabin in the woods and we were going there each summer. One late night dad came to me and my mom and said come outside if you want to see "them" flying. It was 3 lights following each other. First light appeared to be spaced a bit more. After few minutes it suddenly stopped. Soon after arrived second then third. They were all static for few seconds at their meeting point and then simply disappeared. It was the only sighting that I had (at least from those that I can remember). I had few strange experiences prior and after but that's another story.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was 16, and I was parking with my boyfriend on a dead end road in Magnolia, Texas. We were sitting on the hood staring up at the night sky, around midnight. We both saw a bright light that zig zagged through the stars so fast that we could barely track it.

I think what was most concerning to us, is that it was the same size as those stars that were so far away. How big could that thing have been? Meteorites don't move up and down like that. What could it possibly have been?

We were listening to the radio on the way home (this was in the eighties,) and someone called in to report that they saw it to. My boyfriend and I laughed, but, only because we reasoned that they must have been parking too.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I posted this these stories on ATS some time ago but since they are still fresh in my mind, I'll have a go at them again...

About 1960...11-12 years old...Lived in the country but had neighbors...No street lights...Hot summer night...No one had air conditioning back then and my small family and the neighbors for some reason congregated out next to the road...

Don't remember who mentioned it but we all looked up and approaching from the east was this orb/disc...Don't know how high...It was about the size of a full moon and yellow in color...Maybe with a tint of orange or amber...It didn't look very high at all but it was very dark so I can't be sure...

The thing moved very slowly...I could have ridden my bike and kept up with it...Road was fairly flat for about a mile and a half and then a good sized hill made up the road...We watched this thing until we could no longer see it as it went beyond the hill...Took some time to get there...Or maye it went well beyond the hill if it was at a higher altitude...Was still pretty large as it went out of sight...But it didn't flatten out as it moved away so I'm thinking it was a sphere as opposed to a disc...

Years later I was a star watcher...Sit out at night and watch the stars and satellites...Watched a satellite one night that was moving at a pretty good clip and it made a 45 degree turn without slowing down...It didn't make an arch...It was an immediate turn...

Early 80s...Coming home from a job site one afternoon leaning against the passenger door of a pickup truck while my buddy drove... As I'm talking to him and looking at him I notice this thing out the driver's door window creep up past his face...It was an orb of some sort...

If I held my arm straight out and bent my wrist and looked at my hand, this thing was about as wide as 3-4 fingers on my hand...I don't know, 100, 200 yards out...

We of course are flipping out as we watch this thing pull ahead of us about 100 yards and then make an immediate right turn crossing the road right in front of us...On the right side of the road there was a large valley about 3 miles across...

We pulled over to watch this thing...It kind of hugged the landscape, traveling down, picking up speed and when it got to the bottom it followed the terrain on the other side going up...Picking up a tremendous amount of speed as it did...Was gone almost immediately...

About 10 minutes later the DJ on the radio made the statement that the local airport just reported an unidentified flying object picked up on radar heading out and over Lake Michigan at a high rate of speed, right at our exact location...This was just south of Ludington, Mich at what's called the pumped storage project...

The craft was the color of bare, gray metal...Had no shine to it...

Sorry for the long description..

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Flag Dad.

It was the 400-foot cigar over Dallas about 1999 or so 10 in the morning approaching from east Southeast.

He was somewhere just under 4,000 AGL so everybody else all the 757 in the md95 had a sun reflection off your nose this one didn't.

First thing I was looking for was the cockpit window and there was none and it was going in and out of cloak stop for 12 seconds.

It turned in Departed holding altitude going over Love Field at Midfield
edit on 5-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your story and others who have shared theirs! I don't have any stories of my own, but I'm a believer.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I wrote about one of mine on here, right after it happened.
I tried to get as much detail as I could, given the circumstances.

Close encounter

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I completed a MUFON report about mine long ago if you care to look it up. 1973. July. Ohio. Dan Byers

Anyways. I was 13. It was mid-July. Myself as well as a small group of other teens aged 13-17 all lied to our parents about where we were staying and all went camping and partying in a nearby wooded area that was filled with dirt bike trails and places we frequented all the time. Rope swings into a creek, spots where people camped or had keggers etc. Typical 1973 party area.
Around midnight someone in the group spotted what looked like a large fire in the forest some distance from our established camp, which was at the end of a large stand of pine trees. Myself and my friend Brian were the two youngest at 13 yrs old. Brian’s older brother was there and his friend became agitated that other people were partying in “our” woods. It was decided we would sneak up on them and see who it was. None of us had flashlights that I remember.
So about half the group got up (5-6 kids) and staggered drunk and stoned through the trees towards the fire, spreading out somewhat as we talked about surrounding the “intruders”.
Brian and I stayed together and were the first to the source.
It was no fire. It was a ball of light around 6 feet or so in diameter. Completely silent. Slowly weaving through the trees Below the canopy of the old growth trees (no longer pines).
Brian and I stood there in silence as it slowly moved away from us. Within moments a few of the other (older) boys arrived and they weren’t as quiet as we were. I clearly remember excited yelling, cussing and running around. I remember Brian’s older brother in his knees crying. Lots of loud “what in the # IS that?!?” being yelled out.
No sooner that their noise level skyrocketed than the sphere stopped moving. Then, for lack of a better word, vibrated. Hard. And loud, creating a buzzing sound. Then, it revered course and came right at us, staying perhaps 15 feet up.
I clearly remember panicked telling and people running off in all directions wildly. Branches snapping etc.
Brian and I did not run far if at all. We hit the deck and crawled under the lowest rung of branches in a large pine right on the ground. The sphere buzzed slowly right past us, heading towards the boys running away.
After the light had retreated far enough into the woods to where it was just an intermittent light again, the buzzing sound stopped. Then it became clear that it was coming back. It floated over us and continued the silent weaving parh it was on initially. Brian and I eventually felt safe enough and got up. Then we followed it.
Maybe 200 yards later one of us made quite a racket tripping over undergrowth in the dark. It stopped. Starting vibrating again and moved towards us again. We stood there. Before it even got too close it stopped, became silent again and continued on its way.
Eventually, after about 20-30 min (maybe 3-400 yards) it left the tree canopy and came out into an abandoned old apple orchard that we all knew (and ate the apples in season). This was really the first time since it started that there was open sky, and we KNEW exactly where we were in the thick woods. Brian then decided he was going to run home and get his Dad. I was against this because his Dad thought he was at my house, as my Parents thought I was at his house.
He wouldn’t listen to reason and took off running around the old wood fence surrounding the orchard towards the street. He lived a block away from me, about 1/4 mile from the orchard. Now remember, it’s after midnight. And we’re both 13. And had been drinking and smoking.
After he left, the sphere slowly floated in figure eight patterns around the old apple trees. About 20 minutes passed by best guess and I heard movement and voices. Then Brian and his highly agitated Dad showed up. He immediately started telling me how much trouble we were both in. Ignored completely what Brian and I were saying. The whole time he’s yelling at me I’m transfixed to the sphere. I remember his getting pissed saying something like “you’re not listening to me!” And I pointed at the sphere, now in full view as it swung around in its figure eights.
His Dad said some very choice words. I don’t remember what exactly. I do remember Brian crying now mad because his Dad didn’t believe him.
After maybe one more minute, the sphere stopped. Vibrates a second and suddenly streaks up into the sky. Still brilliant white. And just sits there, maybe 1000-2000 ft up. Hard to tell.
Then there was a flash and a “pop” sound like an old flashbulb and the light split into two parts. One white one red. Immediately the white part flew straight off into the night sky leaving a streak of light it moved so fast.
The red light hung there for a minute, then slowly fell over the horizon with a side to side motion like a leaf falling.

We walked back. Me begging his Dad not to tell my parents and to just let me sleep at their place. He agreed eventually, but kept muttering “I’ll be damned” over and over. We begged him to call the Police, which he did. They told him yeah, they had reports of strange lights over Krieger’s woods but so what? What do you want us to do about it?”

That’s pretty much it. It started a life long interest in the subject. Turned out my parents had a close encounter when I was even younger that they never talked about. My late Mother confided details after my encounter in 1973 as I did tell her about the event after a little while.
Also, a few years back I ran into Brian at a bar. Hadn’t seen him since the 70’s when we graduated high school. We never talked about that night between 1973 and 1978 when I graduated. Probably because of how frightened the older boys were when it was going down.
I didn’t recognize him. I was at the bar. “Dan Byers! Is that you?” a guy says to me. “Yeah, that’s me!”
“It’s Brian! Brian Penino!” .......wow.
What do you think immediately cane to mind? What else?
We chatted only for a minute, marriages, children, homes...you know.
Then I dropped the bomb.
“Hey Brian. Remember that night we saw the UFO?”

Long pause...too long

“I’d rather not talk about that Dan” was his weak reply.
“What??? It was perhaps the single most important thing that’s happened in my life and you say that?” I replied.
“I told you. I don’t want to talk about it”. With that he slammed his beer in the bar, turned heel and walked away and left the bar. That has made me wonder more about what may have occurred. Never spoke to any of the others.

That’s pretty much it.
I also sighted a brightly lit triangle a few years back. Completed a MUFON report about that as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I appreciate those including the year of the sighting that is important information!

In the summer of 2008 myself and two friends saw a truck sized bright red orb silently float down the street then instead of making a u-turn just went back in the direction it came from instantly like the game pong. It turned the street corner and we ran around the next block looking for it but it was gone. The red lights shined through all the shadows of the trees and bushes. Happened about 2-230am near Seattle. I can still picture it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
4 decades ago or so...Black Sea shore night. Mountains. Me about 10 walking with group of adults along the road. What I remember is everyone suddenly got excited looking up. Someone grabed me by the shoulder saying 'look up, look up'...I did. I saw night sky full of stars and one star moving very fast in zig zag pattern.
I asked my father recently if he has any recollection of the event. He did not remember.

Second: 1998 or so. I am about 25. Night. I sit on the curb near my car having a smoke. Right above my head a semi transparent disk, large, size of airliner, not too high flew at moderate speed. I think in military it is called 'medusa' for its transparency.
Bizarre part that I was in Jersey City and 'medusa' flew toward Manhattan. It was crystal clear night.

edit on 6-8-2020 by Encounter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I appreciate those including the year of the sighting.

Mine was 2008!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I talk to them in my dreams

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ufo orbs of different varieties, rhombus (look like human manufactured or near to it with a metal finish) shaped UFOs in a fleet one o=in front of the other making a snake like pattern, when one in the fleet went right the one behind went left, also they had a pendulum like travel swinging up and down as the y mover forward in their snake like path, two separate discs, one landed in front of us just the other side of a stone wall, then it's steps came down as if to ask us to enter the ship, yet we didn't have the balls to do it and legged it. Then a whole load of orbs that brought in a radiant white mothership a football field of pure radiant white light that donned us four times and then ripped off to another dimension as it rained on us a candy floss / cotton like substance / Manna out of the Bible that descended slowly from the heavens

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Already posted... but I saw a big black triangle (BBT) craft doing laps around my town for some 15 minutes (my photos were dots of light in the sky and could be anything)...

From, Black Triangles and The Breakaway Society thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a few more hints here and there but not much more.

(Synopsis. Me, at bar, guy drinking whiskey, me, talking about Lockheed’s fusion reactor and what we will be able to do. For a “pilot” claiming to be doing the’milk run’ he didn’t blink an eye about what I was saying. He said goodnight and left. My walk home treated me to a BBT showing what it can do... that is the link.

We have really cool tech that doesn’t even have to be reversed engineered from alien tech. I think that explains the bizarre political situation in the world. We dominate and don’t care about anybody else ‘doing something’ because we can do even worse (hum, Hiroshima anniversary...).

Anyway, that explosion in Beruit pales in what the thermonuclear blast we unleashed back then (think scale of devastation) to what we can do now (or so the log drums seem to be saying).

If both come out at the same time then the “US, World Police” fear becomes a reality because a-holes want to destroy what they can’t even understand.

Covid ain’t crap. We live in really sad times. TEOTW seems more real than ever but so does redemption!

:USA:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Many UFO stories.

I lived in Tucson, AZ for a number of years.

Even before infamous incidents further North you could see all the contractors playing with their toys on occassion.

Amraam missiles are trippy. They leave a string of rapid fire pulses like a string of balls of fire. Or at least that what I heard those were.

Saw the Phoenix lights from Oro Valley. The southern end of line of sight. And a friend of mine in Phoenix saw the neutral buoyancy shimmering delta-winged blimp thing.

* Which i speculate is the worlds fastest airship (Stealth blimp) needing to reach speeds of 85 knots to validate the chronology of sightings. (Las Vegas To Phoenix in a little under four hours via Prescott Valley) Based on eyewitness accounts one could speculate it uses it's own buoyancy directed through valves as propulsion without making noise beyond a flow of air sound. Favorable winds too (270 - 040).

Which to this day seems like, "Hey, let's see if we can get away with flying this thing over 3 metropolitan areas and then send up a bunch of drones to distract everyone when we are done."

The greatest thing was I wanna say "Aurora Borealis", whatever the stratospheric interceptor one is.

I had a paper route out in the middle of nowhere. Blocking most city lights. I'd finish early and star gaze.

One night (about an hour before first light) as I'm watching a satallite do it's South-North transit thing I saw in the same apparent magnitude a flying V of 3 lights moving west to east. Moving at a slightly faster rate suggesting they were closer.

Then another one came streaking up from behind, taking up formation after rapidly decelerating into position. Then another behind that one in an assymetrical position did the same thing.

It reminded of A-10 formation flying which you'd see daily.

The question I have always wondered is; what speed? What altitude?
edit on 8-8-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join