It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is everone not a conspiracy theorist ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
How is it that everyone is not a conspiracy theorist now? We now have the looming specter of the vacinne hanging over our heads like the sword of damicles. In regards to the virus it is plain to see what is going on. We are just living in this prepetual semi lockdown. And the locdown isnt as much physical as it is mentally now. You can go to department stores , restaurants but how enjoyable are these things now that you have people giving you dirty looks if you are not wearing a mask or out right bullying people.

what I am getting at is that we are living in a lockdown mindset even though if we look around there isnt much to fear from the virus ( I won;t do numbers because numbers are meaningless) but actually look and you will see its not that bad, and then ask why are we still living in this paradigm.

Its as if we are conditioned to belive that the vaccine will be the only savior and end to this nightmare, and that we line up by the droves to take the vacinne. Is anyone concerned that they are skipping animal trials for the vaccine?

Has anyone thought that maybe they already have the vaccine? the time frame by the end of the year has been floated for a while (thats very quick)

But what if also that the vaccine is nothing more then a placebo?? Bill Gates said that older people are going to have 5-7 doses of the vaccine or multiple vaccines.

think about the placebo thing for a minute though. if there is a vaccine that is touted to work, this would probably stop CNN and other media outlets from reporting wall to wall coverage of case numbers and case deaths. ( during the george floyd protest corona virus disappeared!) WOuld you even need to get tested anymore and even if you got tested who would care because ther is a vaccine right/?

I think we are under some type of conditioning spell if you will that will only be ended by the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It is because there are too many people who believe everything they are told. It is easier than actually doing one's own research. It is easier than admitting to themselves that they were lied to and gullible.
There are too many discrepancies in the msm, so if one pays attention and catches that, like many of us here, we start questioning and researching.
Then those pushing their agenda try to make us sound crazy.
It is less work to a certain number of people to dismiss the lies and such to simply believe.
Many of us were raised and went through school before the brainwashing and agenda pushing were popular and a normal thing to push on youngsters.
I bet many have no idea there are more ways to search gor for information than biased google.
I also think the so called conspiracy theorists, a name they decided to use to make us sound crazy, instead of intelligent individuals that think for themselves.

It is just too easy to be a sheep and go along with everything. Especially with Coronavirus. The msm and others have so many basically paralyzed with fear.

edit on 8/4/20 by opal13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

You may have well asked why people weren't all conspiracy theorists after 911 too? Especially after all the intelligence ties and financial ties and layers to the onion came out in the proceeding years.

They keep letting the cat out of the bag a piece at a time. It's so darn obvious.
It's sped up too.
Now I think though, at least 50% of the West are more aware of what is going on and open to conspiracy theories.
Around 911 it used to be only what like 15, 20% max?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

And most of us thought the end would come on a catastrophic
event like nuclear war, asteroids or aliens or pole shift.
Instead it comes like flower peddles on a pond. The real goal
is obvious. To chip and/or mark every human on the planet.
This is the beginning of sorrows and the absolute end of the
world as we know it.

It's all down hill from here.

edit on 4-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The same reason why a few years ago I stood flabbergasted while people at a subway station were willingly lining up to be checked by police at the bottom of the escalator instead of walking up the stairs like I did. Everyone in line just watched me confused, the cops didn't care or say anything, yet still I was literally the only one walking up the stairs..and the only one on that platform that made the train

Because people are brainless sheep who volunteer to do whatever the closest authority tells them to do. You'd be surprised what you can do if you just act like you're in charge. Most people just listen.
edit on 4/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Once the petty planetary "top surface" infighting is done it will be easier to look around as a top surface terrestrial GROUP TOGETHER to figure out what the real problems are.

Speaking in top surface human inhabitants EA*RTHLING terms as opposed to "sub surface" dweller EA*RTHLING terms.

I don't think many accept the Vampire conspiracy either... Emotional terrestrials they are.
Perhaps drinking so much "emotion" over the years why avoiding ABADDON has made them emotional over the millennia...
Weakness detected.
HYDRA perception-

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

How is everone not a conspiracy theorist ?

Now that so many rightwingers have adopted everything Qanon spews out; Maybe not everyone but many more than you would think....even trump and members of congress retweet his tweeter's

edit on 4-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
How is it that everyone is not a conspiracy theorist now? ...

Simple answer.

The reality is too scary for most people to accept.

Here's a parallel. Driving on the highway - or riding in a car, for that matter - is an inherently dangerous activity. You are placing your life in the hands of hundreds of strangers that you don't know, some of whom may be excessively tired or sleepy, under the influence of substances, distracted, mentally or emotionally compromised. But you get in your car, start the engine and drive down the road without thinking about that. There are, however, many people who will do that without thinking about it but would never get on a roller coaster or even an airplane, where statistically one is much, much safer than in an automobile on the highway.

Humans are adept at lying to themselves in order to maintain an illusion of security and stability, even to their own detriment.

TL;DR - It's just too damn scary to acknowledge the truth.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My simple answer to this question is "Stress"

People have enough stress to deal with , Work, Money , Significant other , Children and so on etc etc etc etc.

To the normal person believing in Conspiracy theories is like walking out the door everyday with the fear of a falling Jet engine flattening them in there car backing down the Driveway for work. A person in general cannot and does not want to believe such things on top of what they already deal with.

I would assume most Conspiracy theorist absolutely have no belief in coincidence , While the normal human mind see's Coincidence everywhere .

In short Conspiracies for most people no matter how convincing are simply to much to take.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Personalty I think it is born out of a basic distrust and suspicion at least in my case it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have a science background and evaluate things based upon what is actually known and verifiable.

For instance, if you take a look at the weird and nonsensical stuff being said about a potential vaccine, it seems to require technologies that we haven't got like mass manufacturing of nano-scale machinery. Even then, physical limits would severely curtail what was actually doable even if we did have the tech.

For instance, the suggestion that somehow the coronavirus and 5G communications technology is involved together. One major drawback is that the 1/2 wave of the highest 5G frequency (still theoretical at this stage) is more than 50,000 times the size of the virus. There's no way for a virus sized aerial to pick up even the most fantastically high 5G frequencies. Yet, there are people who make the inference and suggest that it is possible.

Nor is there even a vaccine, yet (if ever?) and there are a slew of different companies, with different methodologies, chasing that holy grail.

Then, if we look at the stuff that is actually doing something against the spread of the epidemic (in the countries that apply them consistently) stuff like the lockdowns, handwashing, social distancing, and isolation. Hardly high tech, yet provably effective where used properly.

The numbers are not meaningless. Just extremely embarrassing to those countries led by those without the resolve or the wit to make the hard decisions. Even hard hit countries have turned things around. Sure it hurt, but it depends upon the value you put on people's lives vs. their ideological comfort.

How does blaming someone else, or trying to ignore the situation, do anything against an epidemic? It clearly does nothing.

And why does everyone keep quoting Bill Gates on this? He isn't a biologist, he's an entrepreneur who has put some of his money into philanthropic enterprises. He is only one investor into something that science and medicine has been working on for decades. His companies may not even be the ones that come up with the approved vaccine.

Due to the mutability of coronavirii, the vaccine will just be a stop gap, anyway. The virus mutates and a new vaccine will be required. The common cold is a coronavirus and we have no vaccine for that. My suspicion is that we'll never have this fully beaten by technological means, but some countries have shown that it can be beaten, to the point of manageability and of no more deaths, by non-technological means.

That's why, while I have an interest in conspiracy theories, I usually don't put my stock in them.

edit on 4/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You may have well asked why people weren't all conspiracy theorists after 911 too? Especially after all the intelligence ties and financial ties and layers to the onion came out in the proceeding years.
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I dont know, I have always been agnostic about 9/11

with what we are going through with the virus we have data, numbers, comparisons with other pandemics that all lead you to an answer about this virus and the wierd responses that we have had to this.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Because people are brainless sheep who volunteer to do whatever the closest authority tells them to do. You'd be surprised what you can do if you just act like you're in charge. Most people just listen
a reply to: dug88

you are ultimately right. but this runs counter to everything you think an American is. I thought one of things that we were know for was our defiance.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

For instance, if you take a look at the weird and nonsensical stuff being said about a potential vaccine, it seems to require technologies that we haven't got like mass manufacturing of nano-scale machinery. Even then, physical limits would severely curtail what was actually doable even if we did have the tech.
a reply to: chr0naut

so what are you saying that this is a placebo vaccine? because the narrative is that we will have this vaccine by the end of the year.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Due to the mutability of coronavirii, the vaccine will just be a stop gap, anyway. The virus mutates and a new vaccine will be required. The common cold is a coronavirus and we have no vaccine for that. My suspicion is that we'll never have this fully beaten by technological means, but some countries have shown that it can be beaten, to the point of manageability and of no more deaths, by non-technological means.

but thats my point as well. that this virus will be around but the mentality that we have to lockdown willbe broken bywhatver placebo is pushed and no one is going to be the wiser because the numbers are so low of who is actually afliccted by this virus.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

so what are you saying that this is a placebo vaccine? because the narrative is that we will have this vaccine by the end of the year.

The narrative is not so definite and if it does happen then, it will take ages before everyone can be immunized, as well.

Probably by the time it is fully rolled out, it will be time for the next season's immunization - ad infinitum.

I'm sure that people will stop taking precautions just because a vaccine exists. Even if they haven't had the vaccine. Then there'll be another spike.

edit on 4/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think that this virus is being played up world wide, with lots of deaths being improperly tied to the virus. I also think that the vaccine is not going to be tested well enough for safety, they are skirting the laws that are used to judge safety which will cause lots of deaths, which will also be called covid deaths probably. It should be tested way longer than they are doing.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

How is it that everyone is not a conspiracy theorist now?

Critical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I think there are a LOT more conspiracy theorists out there than you would initially believe...

But many of them are just very quiet or silent about it for fear of judgement.

But, open your mouth about some “whacky ideas” and you’ll be shocked about how many people will say “I heard a podcast on that” or “I’ve always wondered about that”.

It’s not as taboo as one might think.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How is it that everyone is not a conspiracy theorist now?

Critical thinking skills.

Do you believe the 1% biker clubs are invovled in organized crime?
Can you prove it, or are you too a conspircay theorist?

Everybody IS a conspiracy theorist, you should know that with your Critical thinking skills...

Only question is which one do you believe in? The one about that nobody will ever conspire about anything??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join