It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellpoint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do you like Dark Souls? Do you like dead space? Do you like the movie Event Horizon? Well then this is the occult adventure you have been looking for.
I hadn’t even heard of this game until it popped up on the new releases page on my ps4(it’s for Pc and Xbox aswel) I watched the trailer, bought it, then proceeded to play it for the entire long weekend.

Trailer m.youtube.com...

It has a sprawling labyrinth like space station all interlinked with secrets passages and routes. It has bonfire style check points. It has the same stat and build and weight system as dark souls, it has guns like blood born it has spells and occult tools as well. Multiplayer just came online yesterday.
Very customizable in play style.

It has a crazy amount of bosses and the world seems just massive at this point.
I’ve played 10-15 hours and I just crossed the 15% data mark for completion and I’ve seen on reddit this may actually go up to 200%.
It also has NG+ modes.

The whole world has a dynamic day cycle as the space station orbits the black hole. Depending on what point in the orbit you are in effects what and where monster spawn as well as secret bosses and zones ect. It’s a very cool mechanic.

100% open world exploration with zero hand holding, your plopped into the world told how to run,jump,dodge and strike and that is it the rest is up to you.

Most review sites are rating it 6/10
I give it a 9/10 for the world, creativity and game play.

If you like souls style games this is a must buy.

edit on 4-8-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Is it still actively being worked on? I played a demo for it a couple years back, was like the starting zone and first boss.

Gameplay was a little clunky at times, but it was solid. I'd say it feels like a polished Immortal Unchained, but it's been a while since I last played Hellpoint.

May have to see if my computer can still play it and see what its become. Really glad to see other people finding it, felt like a hidden gem game.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It’s just came out for purchase and play of the full game july 30th.
I believe they are still working out some kinks on the multiplayer side of things but the full solo game is out.

a reply to: Nivhk

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

How does the world compare to the first Dark Souls world? Every souls clone i've played, even bloodborne, has been pretty disappointing by comparison, though Bloodborne's still second best. I enjoyed the interconnected, metroid style world during the first part of the first dark souls. The hub and spoke style of bloodborne was ok, but i didn't really feel like exploring much knowing everything would be a dead end at some point. I just ended up trolling players at the nightmare of menses until i got bored of it and never actually finished it.
edit on 4/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Do you like Dark Souls? Do you like dead space? Do you like the movie Event Horizon?

Dark Souls -Too scared to try
Dead space - Great fun, played the first 2
Event Horizon - I LOVE

Thanks for the heads up with this 👍🏼

I'm in a bit of a predicament, wondered if you could help?

I've only recently dipped my toe into RPG stuff, been gaming for 40 years, lol yeah I know... latest to the party EVER 😁

I tried dark souls for 30 mins and didn't like, same for bloodbourne, but you said a great sentence in "You don't get your hand held" and I think this is my problem, I'm a pu55y and need my hand held lol

My fav game ever was 2018 God of War - it blew my mind and I played it twice through back to back.

I tried Horizon which I should have played 1st, but got bored after 10 hours as it wasn't as good as GOW.

I know GOW is classed as Action/RPG, maybe this is my fav genre?

(Sorry this is long winded af) But I really want to like Dark Souls ,Bloodbourne etc, but can't bring myself to dive in, any advice on how/why I should take the leap?

I'm thinking of buying this game in your OP too .

Holly 5hit I waffled a lot, sorry! 😆

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It was fairly interesting when I played the demo, I think the station is like near a collapsing star or black hole, there was a time mechanic that made certain enemies spawn or have supped up stats when facing towards it.

Hearing its fully out, I may be picking it up and can tell you more.

As for getting into dark souls, block. Bloodborne? As Piccolo would say, DODGE!

Deeper game play would require me to respond on something besides my phone.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If your talking about how everything is interlinked then it’s pretty close imo. The world is sprawling and sometimes confusing but I am getting around it not to and atm.

a reply to: dug88

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You will die and you will die a lot until u get the mechanics down and level up a bit. It’s very frustrating at the start but the game opens right up once u get a foundation

a reply to: FinallyAwake

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I’m a huge souls fan and am currently waiting on Mortal Shell to release. If I had to pick between the two that’s the one I’m buying release but will probably come back to this at a future time.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I tried dark souls for 30 mins and didn't like

30 minutes is nowhere near enough time to try Dark Souls .
Do you know why they had to change the name from Dark Souls to Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition just after release ?

edit on 8/4/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I question any game considered "Souls like"
I know of only one true game that fits that definition
Lords of the Fallen.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Gotta nod in your direction. That game have been buggy at times and like to crash, but I loved it once I got my teeth into it.

The real "souls" is Demon Souls from PS3. Heard there might be a remake of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is as close as any souls game I’ve ever played and I’ve played them all. It even has the same emote list menu, same ability to leave messages.

Same stats , same gear weight system

It’s literally dark souls in space.
The only major difference I’ve seen is that the rift(bonfires) don’t instantly reset the levels enemies. They can be reset at will not by simply using the rift. The enemies will respawn eventually even if you don’t reset the zone.

edit on 4-8-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Yes there is

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Do you still play any of the dark souls titles?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Do you still play any of the dark souls titles?

Already been there and done that for all 3
Never regretted a moment.
Well , there was that first part to escape the starting dungeon .
Took me 1/2 an hour to get past that boss.
And I am a very experienced gamer.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Gotta nod in your direction. That game have been buggy at times and like to crash, but I loved it once I got my teeth into it.

The real "souls" is Demon Souls from PS3. Heard there might be a remake of it.

That game have been buggy at times

There was an update , last year (?) (Steam version)
Believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wondering if anyone is playing this on xbox and wants to share their code. I'll edit mine in soon.

Also, what I played years ago looks like it was the early version of the port level.

new topics

top topics

join