It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Bodycam Footage Shows Moment-By-Moment Arrest Of George Floyd For The First Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Not when that stat is per capita

Do you not consider black people to be people?
Or don't you understand what the term means? It means "per person."
There are more white persons than black persons in the US. Right?

Yes, they are a minority.

That means more white people are getting shot, right.

You have to hunt to find the videos though. Like where the fat women cop shoots the white guy in the stomach because that was all she could do to help her partner.

So many more people get shot besides blacks. Mostly, all we ever hear about is the blacks getting shot.

Of course blacks are people. But, they are a small part of the people of this country. Like 13%. But they are still the only ones we hear about. Even though a whole lot more are getting shot by cops.

I hope that is clear and sorry I wasn't clearer before.

Here’s a video and it’s very sad. Not pleasant to watch.

From the video-

1. The person stopped is staggering and looks impaired by something.
2. One of the officers asks the man to do him a favour and step over to his car and put his hands behind his back.
3. He starts to comply and then resists with violence.
4. There is a struggle that involves tazer use, wrestling, none of which subdues the man.
5. Man frees himself and retrieves a firearm from his car.
6. There is a firefight which leaves both officers wounded or dead.
7. POS drives away.

For those that care to watch

groups.io...,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,75010078

So what are officers supposed to do when an impaired driver doesn’t feel like being arrested??
edit on 8 6 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 6 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

The only problem I have is the length of the choke hold, it went on too long. Other cops should of stepped in and stopped it. Then made sure he was ok.

I am willing to let cops do what they need to, including choke holds. If you are choking someone and they stop moving, you don't keep choking them. If you do, that makes you a thug, not a cop.

I don't have much of a problem with cops covering for each other, for less than capital crimes. But if they do that, they have a duty to push the bad cops out of the police force. They have a duty to police there own.

I understand in the heat of the moment, you can lose yourself. That's when other cops need to step in, if they want this power. With great powers comes great responsibility, something like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

The only problem I have is the length of the choke hold, it went on too long. Other cops should of stepped in and stopped it. Then made sure he was ok.

I am willing to let cops do what they need to, including choke holds. If you are choking someone and they stop moving, you don't keep choking them. If you do, that makes you a thug, not a cop.

I don't have much of a problem with cops covering for each other, for less than capital crimes. But if they do that, they have a duty to push the bad cops out of the police force. They have a duty to police there own.

I understand in the heat of the moment, you can lose yourself. That's when other cops need to step in, if they want this power. With great powers comes great responsibility, something like that.

Well put.

A couple of things that some people may not be aware of.

Police training may include:

“Choke holds” not really a choke. More of a judo hold that keeps the wind pipe free if pressure in the crook of the elbow joint. It slows down the blood supply to the brain and puts the person to sleep.

Palm punching. They pound hard on a muscle to paralyze it temporarily in order to release a grip or subdue the person. That is often what is seen when you see police flailing on someone.

Kneeling on the side of the neck. Can act the same as a “choke hold” or just hold the person down.

I agree totally that this went on too long.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

All the inner city destruction over a junkie who couldn't follow the simplest of commands and OD'd.

But St. George the Home Invader had both fentanyl and methamphetamines in his system. How could those mean cops expect him to cooperate?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Aallanon

Black people

Black people don't listen?

So is it all black people or only most?

like ratio wise...just wondering
and is it the same ratio of white people molesting kids?
I mean, if we are gonna stereotype...
So you think white people are more prone to molesting kids?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Aallanon

They just don’t listen.

He never complied to their request/commands once

"They"
...by "They", who do you mean?

people in wife beaters?

No, just Black people..

I suspect he’s referring to most of the causes célèbres, which always involve black people. No one ever gets upset, much less riots or protests, over whites and Hispanics killed by police. So far this year almost twice as many whites (215) as blacks (111) have been shot to death by police, yet not one protest or riot as far as I know. About 70 Hispanics have been shot to death by police, yet no riots.
edit on 7-8-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join